1996 Geo Prizm consumer reviews

$13,145 starting MSRP
side view of 1996 Prizm Geo
Explore the 1996 Geo Prizm

Extremely reliable car. Like Toyota Corolla.

With regularly scheduled care, these cars last a very, very long time. Lasting over 200,000 miles is common.

imissmygeo

i bought a 92 geo and it still runs great at 295K! i sold it because of rust was not allowing us to replace the gas tank that was hanging off. when we went to chicago, il on vacay, it got 45 mpg. but it was also a 5 spd. i am looking for another to buy bc they are so reliable. i bought it when it had 90K on it in 1996.

Great Car!

I bought this car a year ago because I needed a cheap, decent car to drive an hour distance to and from my home for work. This car managed the distance with no problems. 5 weeks of this distance and it had great hwy mileage. Now, it's just used to getting around town. This car is a gem, as long as you are on top of routine maintenance.

Best car I've ever owned!

The Geo Prizm is a wonderful and reliable vehicle. I bought it used knowing it needed a little maint. and after that it was the best car I've ever owned. If you keep up on the maintenance you'll be fine.

4.0

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

So it might be an unoriginal title but it's true! We've owned our '96 Prizm for 8 years, it now has 123,000 miles on it, and I can count on one hand the number of times we've had to take it to the shop for anything other than routine maintenance (tires, oil changes, etc.). It almost always gets over 30 mpg per fill and most of that is city driving. Great car!

3.9

Old Reliable

I purchased a new 96 Geo Prizm 10 years ago. It has never broken down on me. During the time I have owned my Prizm, I have also owned a Fiero, 2 Grand Ams, a Sunbird, a Durango, and a Silhouette. None of them were as trouble-free as my Prizm.