Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1996 Tracker

1996 Geo Tracker

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
3 out of 5 stars Performance
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 1996 Geo Tracker?

I would recommend this 4 1st time license driver.

by ranger from western pa on Sun Feb 10 2013

I purchase my tracker 13 years ago with 68,000 miles.I now have over 200,000 miles.The only thing I have replaced is the clutch at about 150,000 miles.Its great on gas and the 4x4 works wonderful,which is needed where I live during most of the winter.I am 5ft 7 200lbs. I would not recommend this vehicle for a tall person nor 4 a family car.Does not have A lot of power but excellent reliable work car that gets the job done.

Our Take on the 1996 Geo Tracker

For a long time, the diminutive Geo Tracker and its fraternal twin, the Suzuki Sidekick, were about the only residents of Mini-apolis, that small suburb of the sport-utility community.

But the population is growing. The Toyota RAV4 arrived in town recently, and Honda will drop its CR-V into the mini-ute fray this winter. And there is also the Kia Sportage, a Korean entry that is being sold out West and that will eventually make its way to the East.

What's notable about the Tracker I tested recently is that it, like its Sidekick, is the only truck-based mini-ute in the neighborhood. The RAV4 and CR-V are car-derived.

This means that the Tracker is constructed like most larger sport utes, with... Read More