2005 GMC Canyon consumer reviews

side view of 2005 Canyon GMC
Explore the 2005 GMC Canyon
4.3

good small truck

If you want a reasonable truck for the price and size make sure you do general maintenance (fluids changed regularly) this truck will last you a long time we had a one at work for a delivery vehicle (3.5 rwd) people abused it and it had close to 300k as far as safety goes my father had rolled his truck (3 times over black ice) and walked away fine over all i would say this is a good bang for your buck vehicle getting around 20mpg and having the power to tow around (reasonable loads) I will say living in the northern states we tend to get alot of snow and ice during the winter the 4wd is a great option push button is almost instant really have had no issues with the system on my vehicle (using low always shift the vehicle into neutral) I would defiantly recommend this truck to someone

2-08-2017 31,000 MI ON 2005 CANYON CREW CAB 5CYL

DRIVER SIDE SPEAKER FAILING FOR SECOND TIME, JUST REPLACED EMISSION CANISTER IN REAR ABOVE SPARE TIRE AND REPLACED EMISSION SOLENOID BELOW ALT.AND DRIVER POWER WINDOW HAS STOPPED WORKING LAST WEEK. OF COURSE A COUPLE BULBS BURNED OUT OVER 12 YEARS BUT I HAVE DONE REPAIRS MYSELF. JUST DOWNLOADED WIRING DIAGRAM FOR WINDOW AND WILL TEST AND DECIDE IF SWITCH OR MOTOR HAVE FAILED. GARAGE KEPT W/HIGH TOP CAP.ORG TIRES. THIS HAS BEEN A VERY GOOD TRUCK FOR ME CONSIDERING IT IS 12 YEARS OLD. OIL HAS NEVER BEEN DIRTY AND TRANS FLUID STILL CLEAN. 15 MPG CITY-23 MPG@ 70 MPH HWY.

friendly, reliable, beautiful looking, 4 wh dr.

I really love it nice in and out. looks like a new one well taken care of. Roll-up turneau cover on the box. I really like that. looked for over a month, finally found one.... Just right for me

awesome truck

nice truck alot of room good gas millage love my truck nice options motor is real good really nice truck

Great Used Truck

I bought the above truck, a one owner with 79000 miles. I have driven it for over 2 months and am getting 29 mpg in the city. It looks great and I have had a lot of comments about how it looks. I really like the cool feature of the sun roof automatically closing when you trun off the engine. It handles great and I am impressed by the pick up and go it has,

3.9

good ride

had this ride since 2006- drove 6 yrs and only had to do routine service- and a 129.00 fuel sensor. just did the brakes at 90k. good gas mileage, still the same battery, a little snug for me on long trips- i'm 6'2' 200lb. Great engine and really smooth trans and 4whl drive...nice stereo and great hanfdling on the highway.

great ride and mileage

Bought mine used in early 2010, one year in now and glad I did. I have the 4WD club cab and the 4WD was great to have this winter, shifts into smoothly and handled the snow effortlessly. With gas prices going up the 5 cyl is also nice on the wallet. I pull a simple 16 ft boat in the summer and it handles that well also. ZERO mechanical issues, even for a used. Routine maint is all I have invested.

3.0

Dissapointing

Purchased this truck with 26k miles. Once it hit 40k miles engine light keeps coming on. found our it was the gas cap and oxygen sensors. Runs rough. Should not have these problems with 75K on truck. Inline 5 does not work. Heard it from dealers everywhere. Trade is horrible.

Best small truck I ever owned

Bought this truck new in 2005,loved the look. I really didn't need a new truck, but couldn't pass up the price. It's a Sle reg cab 4wheel drive 5 cyl, it does everthing i want it to do, nice ride, light plowing, plus i get 27 mpg on trips. I'm very happy with vehicle.

3.4

Most troubled truck

I have owned several GMC trucks and this one has had the most trouble the day I drove it off the lot. Good power and handling but with a cost of engine troubles.Every owner I have spoken with has had the same reaction. Major engine trouble just out of factory waranty. With severe engine noise after repairs.