2006 Canyon

4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

One of the best

by Biggin from Sebring, FL on January 17, 2010

My 2006 gmc canyon is one of the best trucks ive had it is a 5 speed and has the Inline 5 Vortec that is more then peppy it is close to my 350 vortec it drives wonderful and gets great mpg about 25 i love this truck and would recommend it to anyone

most fuel efficient truck I've driven

by truckin along from Raleigh, NC on May 17, 2010

I've had my 2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Z71 4WD for almost 3 years and 50,000 miles now, and I am still quite happy with it. I get about 25mpg on the highway, and 17-18 when mixed with city driving, which is great for a truck. The interior is reasonably sized. My truck has the six-disc cd changer and XM, so there are plenty of music options on long trips. I have had very few problems with the truck that required service or warranty work.

Mid-sized Truck

by Boogie from Arlington, TX on April 20, 2008

I've enjoyed this vehicle. The handling is above par and the inline 5 cylinder seems to make more than enough power for our daily commutes.

Best balance with engine and transmission

by Don Watson from Chicago il on October 7, 2017

Only only fault is long turning radius. The 5 cylinder engine has lots of torque and mileage around 20 mpg in around town. Wish new trucks were this size. 200000 miles without any major issues.

EXCELLENT TRUCK / EXCELLENT VALUE

by Jetguy from Bristow, VA. on November 19, 2007

Bought my 4x4 Crew Cab GMC Canyon new last year. A sleek all-Black Beauty, Loved it from day one. good pricing and GMC was very willing to make the deal...toyota and the other foreigner's were not!!! I have the 3.5L 5-cylinder, and it has excellent power. The 4x4 system is terrific, and very easy to use. makes 4-wheeling seem effortless, and the Canyon is an extroadinarily capable backwoods 4-wheeler... I put the GMC Tonneau cover on the Bed, and it is waterproof enough to carry home the groceries, or rolls up easily to carry heavy, dirty or bulky loads. 4-doors make for easy entry, and exits, and the ride is most comfortable. Goes anywhere, in all types of weather, and gets very good gas milage with the 5-cylinder...that pulls like a small V-8 ! Overall, I am more pleased with this Pickup truck from GMC than I ever imagined, and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone ! Save yourself some money, and Make sure you take a look, and drive one, before you decide to waste thosands more on any of those puny foreign imports. This truck should also hold on to a very high resale value....It earns it !!!!

The best pick up Ive ever had

by charles from Pennsville, NJ on August 3, 2006

I highly recommend the canyon. I have the 4wd off road package with leather interior. It is comfortable and rides nice. I even put a dual exhaust straight out the back with flowmaster and this canyon sounds bad. Don't buy one of those piece of junk imports until you check out the Canyon. You will be very satisfied.

NICE TRUCK

by Coach3 from Taylor, PA on May 18, 2017

Since I got this truck, I have enjoyed it immensely. It is comfortable to drive and fun. I just wish the box was a foot longer.

Amazing little Truck

by canyonlover from Alberta, Canada on March 26, 2012

To be honest I bought my truck without actually driving one. I had driven other small trucks that either friends owned, rented, or just through test driving. I looked into the Canyon before heading to the dealership as I did the other vehicles, and I couldn't find a lot of solid reviews. Not a lot of bad reviews by any means, but just overall not really any reviews period. I love my truck. The price I understand but it'd be great if it were cheaper but I have no regrets AT ALL with what I paid. I've owned my truck for 6 years this year in August and it's still going strong. It has 256,000kms on the engine with no major issues. A crack in the Manifold, and an issue with the heater/ac switch (it works when it wants to but works just fine if it's on the hightest setting...which can be a little much sometimes). Other than that (and these issues hadnt happened until 5 years into owning it and HIGH kilometers so please don't think this is a horrible problem that would deter you). Worth all the pennies and if I didn't have to consider a new vehicle for 'warm storage' (only Canyon drawback with crew cab is still nowhere warm to pack the bags when the passenger spots are full.), then I would consider another Canyon. I couldn't find the Canyon on any kind of buy-back or lease return...people that bought them loved them too much to bring them back. Reliable for sure. great for mileage. comfortable. appealing look.

Quiet and carlike

by Oscarcat from San Diego California on July 31, 2006

Vehicle: 2006 Extended cab SL, I-4, automatic transmission. I was attracted by the styling and quiet ride. The transmission shifts smoothly. Engine is surprisingly peppy and easily accelerates onto the freeway. Quirks: Without the power package there is no way to unlock the passenger door from the outside. Also, no inside adjustment for side mirrors. Cab is roomy and seat is supportive but base model lacks tilt adjustment for seatback. Overall fit and finish is excellent. Controls are easy to reach and logical.

not bad

by don from lafayette, indiana on March 21, 2009

it's alright on gas just dont add any electical. it also needs a couple of grab handles 1 4 each side.

1 2