2021 GMC Canyon consumer reviews

side view of 2021 Canyon GMC
Explore the 2021 GMC Canyon
Shop the 2021 GMC Canyon

Great but one issue

Love my new canyon. Have owned 2005 Sierra, 2007 Ram, 2010 f350 diesel. All had their pluses and a few minuses. 2022 Canyon my first new vehicle since 2012. Scaled down a little for MPG and kids are nearly grown. I have 95-99 percent satisfaction. However, I do have one interior styling major issue. The 4wd selection and light dials are very bad location. My left knee hits them when I get in and right knee hits them when getting out. I have put less than 1000 miles on so far and i have found I was in 4wd position at least 6 times so far. I literally have to check the position every stinking time.

3.7

Nice, but could be improved.

Overall I like the vehicle. The cup holders are a little too close to the shifter and the interior lighting could be brighter. Also sometimes the automatic transmission shifts awkwardly. It also uses a bit more gas than I expected. Overall it is a good vehicle.

1.0

Beware of purchasing a vehicle from Thompson Ponti

worst service EVER! I scheduled a week in advance and took a day of vacation knowing I would not have my NEW truck. Dropped it off at 8am for and 8:30 am appointment. Same issue brought in for last time a month ago! They would not even return any of my calls or texts requesting an update and when I got through at 2 pm all they said was they had not looked at it yet!! Incompetence at its finest! Now I will probably have to take another day of vacation since I do not have another vehicle! BUYER BE WARE!!

Love this truck! Nice Job GMC

Bought this for my wife in October 2020. Perfect size - transmission has been flawless. Love the styling and the ride is comfortable (especially for a truck). We purchased Denali version and we've been towing 4500 LB trailer with no issues. Very, very happy with purchase

Big and Blue

Fun and comfortable. Runs like a charm. Reasonable price, remote start great in cold weather, trailer package is perfect. Just an all around tough ride with style too.

1.6

10g to buy out the Lease. Well worth the loss.

Absolutely the worst lease vehicle. I have ever had. BY FAR!!! I lease cars for the warranty and for the reliability of a new vehicle . I have leased 2x Dodge Chargers, Ford Taurus and F150. The F150 was up and I needed a cheaper vehicle because of a new house. The GMC Canyon was awful. I got the White/Black Elevation edi. 4x4. Its a sporty style truck. The V6 is loud and getting louder because there is something wrong with the exhaust. I actually wear earplugs at time in this truck. The 4x4 system is a joke. Just don't bother because you will get stuck with it. The electrical system has issues. Radio turns off, turn signals do not work from time to time, Dome light randomly comes on. I was told it was a short in the amp...NOPE! GMC customer service is non existent. Their service Dept. is a joke and their favorite phrase is "we don't see anything wrong when the turn singles will not activate. I told OSP on that one. I had to take my truck 5hrs to Detroit to have it fix after the state complaint and I am still having issues. The Transmission is already starting to act up at 9000 miles. I will gladly GLADLY! pay 1000s of dollar to get out of my lease ASAP! Biggest hunk of junk ever.

Reliable Truck

This truck Meets all of are needs. We can now pick up plants and trees without any problems. Our Gmc Canyon drivers great on the roads.

This is the Truck I wanted and expected

This Truck met all my Expectations and the Comfort Ride Gas Mileage and the Power were beyond what you would expect from a smaller truck

Nicest truck I have ever owned!

This is the third truck I have owned. The truck fits in my garage. I will use it to carry fire wood and wood to make furniture. I love it!

Canyon

We leased a Canyon work truck and now leased an upgraded Canyon with the intention of buying it when the lease is up. We really like the way the truck drives and it has many amazing features.