2009 Gmc Envoy

Great SUV

by from Lafayette, Indiana on January 17, 2010

Rides and drives very nice, you get a very safe feeling in it. Easy in and easy out. Decent gas mileage for this type of SUV. Great on long trips. HVAC very good. Great radio and speakers.

2002 vs 2009

by from toledo, ohio on December 21, 2011

i had a 2002 envoy that i bought new back in 2001. i liked it so much that i drove it for 10 years and 118,000 miles and then traded to a used 2009 envoy. i had the 6 cylinder in both and think it is sufficiently powered. also had the bose stereo in both. i think the exterior styling is still good and will put it up against anything being made now. i think gmc could be still selling these if they had freshened things up a bit. had very few problems with the first one and hoping that this one is as good. seems strange to me that i had the first year and the last year they were made.

And At Last, My "New" Car

by from Pittsburgh, PA on December 17, 2012

In almost 40 years of driving, I have owned only 5 cars, all of which have been General Motors vehicles, the most recent being a 1999 GMC Jimmy SLT. In fact, I still own a 1976 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. Although the Jimmy has been extremely reliable, I felt it was time to begin looking, just in case! Years ago I began to look at the GMC Envoy as the next logical step up from the Jimmy and was very disappointed to have that model discontinued by GM. When I began my car search in earnest, I looked at the Envoy, in particular the 2006/2007 models. Also during this spell, I decided to branch out and also entertained the idea of purchasing a used Land Rover LR3. After much time looking for either vehicle, I found a beautiful 2009 GMC Envoy SLT which ticked all of the boxes. This car is great and a wonderful upgrade from the Jimmy. It has all the bells and whistles and is both comfortable and a joy to drive. It has 57k miles on it and came GM Certified, a nice bonus. I purchased an additional 3 year warranty to keep it in tip-top shape. It is a perfect choice for me and purchased at a great price from Sweeney Chevrolet in Youngstown, OH. I still drive the Jimmy now and then and my brother is planning on purchasing it from me. I am looking forward to many years with my "new" car.

envoy

by from pa on September 15, 2012

Very happy with envoy, meets all my needs, has lot of power and okay gas mileage. Has bose sound system and is the best sounding car radio/cd player that I ever owned.

GMC: Do something!

by from Westchester, Illinois on November 5, 2008

So I've had this 09 GMC Envoy Denali for a week-long test drive. I haven't beaten on this car by any means, yet I've had to fill it up once already from E. Now the Car is half empty. So gas is terrible! The gas is worse than my Cadillac SRX V8, much worse and that car sucks on gas. Go figure. I like how the inside wraps around you, it is very geared toward the driver. The feel of the V8 is very responsive, great passing power. It's not a huge difference at all from the 4.2, however. This is my biggest problem . . . This car is an 09! It looks identical to the '02 model. This car has been out for 7 years now and still looks the same. Come on GMC! Think we can do something about that?

Cberns17

by from Cornelius, NC on June 24, 2017

Hate to sell but don't need car anymore. It's is one of the most comfortable, easy to drive cars I ever had. Great size, great shape and low miles.