Read or write a review.

4.4
Average based on 7 reviews

GMC Envoy XL - Versatile & Practical

by from Oswego, NY on December 8, 2010

We'd been looking for a used Chevy Trailblazer EXT or GMC Envoy XL for about four months before we found a good one. Even with 82,000 miles on it the body is tight, there is not one squeak or rattle, and no drafts, leaks, or wind noise. If you could only have ONE VEHICLE and it would have to do everything my vote is for the Envoy XL. It's smooth, quiet, and confortable as a car. It has third-row seating, trailer towing package, luggage rack, fold-down second and third-row seats, etc. It also has: four drive modes (AWD, 4WH, 4WL) traction control, and anti-lock brakes, which are more important if you live someplace with bad weather, as we do. Our combined city/hwy. gas mileage is 13.3 MPG with the 6 cylinder. We feel safe and secure driving it.

Great for Camping

by from Bellevue, WA on November 18, 2012

My Land Rover was falling apart after 3 years new and I was afraid of high maintenance. After looking around, I really liked the style of the Envoy, of course, took the sideboards off for additional clearance and went with 16" tires for extra rubber. I can store 2 days of firewood as well as 4 peoples camping gear and my kitchen for a week outing. I like the fit and finish and the ridiculous number of 12V outlets ;-) Wish it had more cup holders. Very happy with this vehicle which now has nearly 170K miles on it and only one tiny rock chip (a miracle).

The best suprise in years.

by from Plano, TX on April 10, 2013

I bought this GMC Envoy XL as a replacement for my S-10 Blazer that was stolen and totaled. What agreat suprise. My wife and I drove it from Plano Texas to Ft. Meyers Florida. It was a great trip. We got 18 mpg and it drove like a dream. If you are thinking of buying one of these, and have a choice, get the V8. It has good power and very responsive. I will gladly recomend this caar to anyone.

Great SUV!!!

by from on August 18, 2009

I had a SUV like this one and LOVED it! One of the best cars that I have owned. Would buy if I need a large SUV.

2nd Envoy, traded for a 3rd Envoy

by from Durango, Co. on November 1, 2012

We really enjoyed the XL version. Fold down 3rd row was very handy. V8 engine was a must, lots of muscle. Great car on long trips. Shift on the fly 4x4 was a life saver. The rear AC/Heat is a nice feature.

Second one just like it I've owned

by from Kennewick, WA on November 1, 2009

I had a 2002 Envoy and liked it so well that I now have the 2004 Envoy. The V-8 is really powerful, the car drives and rides nicely, it comes with all kinds of gadgets that are so nice to have, auto windshield wipers, power everything, memory everything, even an air compressor to air up tires or water toys at the river! It has tons of cargo space. I would recommend this car to anyone that needs a vehicle that is part luxury car, part utility vehicle.

Good Vehicle

by from Detroit, MI on March 24, 2007

Its a good vehicle, just alot of problems, Transmission Noise, parts falling off, and wierd engine noise.

Similar Models