1998 GMC Jimmy Consumer Reviews

3.3
Average based on 3 reviews

Jimmy owner

by from on January 14, 2010

Jimmy owner,goes through the snow with the greatest of ease.Push button 2 wheel to 4 wheel is very simple,lots of power from the v6

"Love my Jimmy!"

by from Downeast Maine on December 2, 2008

This was a used car purchase for us, and we are very pleased so far. We have gone from driving a Ford Contour to this mini utility and it definitely serves its purpose. We live in Downeast Maine and need reliable transportation that is ready when we are very early in the morning, and "Jimmy" (with the exception of replacing the original battery), has started right up every time! When it is cold and snowy we don't ever worry now about whether or not we will make it to work. Even if our driveway hasn't been plowed yet, we just go right over the top! Nothin' to it! I do agree that the hump on the passenger side floor is a pain, but after a couple days we forgot all about it. No big deal. We have the 4-door, and the spare is not external so seeing behind us isn't a problem. This little bugger is awesome. This was purchased as my toy because my husband wanted a "car", but now he has decided to purchase a second Jimmy instead! He loves it too! It runs a tiny bit rougher than the car did, but hello...it is not a car. Love it, love it, love it!

Not if You are Naive to Vehicles

by from on April 25, 2009

cracked windshield. Does not go into 2nd gear for a while. Has check engine light on. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone unless you fix cars and know how to fix them!