1998 Jimmy

$3 - $4,339  MSRP Range

3.8

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 1998 GMC Jimmy?

"Love my Jimmy!"

by Daily commuter from Downeast Maine on Tue Dec 02 2008

This was a used car purchase for us, and we are very pleased so far. We have gone from driving a Ford Contour to this mini utility and it definitely serves its purpose. We live in Downeast Maine and need reliable transportation that is ready when we are very early in the morning, and "Jimmy" (with the exception of replacing the original battery), has started right up every time! When it is cold and snowy we don't ever worry now about whether or not we will make it to work. Even if our driveway hasn't been plowed yet, we just go right over the top! Nothin' to it! I do agree that the hump on the passenger side floor is a pain, but after a couple days we forgot all about it. No big deal. We have the 4-door, and the spare is not external so seeing behind us isn't a problem. This little bugger is awesome. This was purchased as my toy because my husband wanted a "car", but now he has decided to purchase a second Jimmy instead! He loves it too! It runs a tiny bit rougher than the car did, but hello...it is not a car. Love it, love it, love it!

My First Car

by shell from on Mon Apr 17 2017

It has lasted me a while, I am just ready for a new car. I want to have something of my own that I purchased with MY money.

Jimmy owner

by jimmy owner from on Thu Jan 14 2010

Jimmy owner,goes through the snow with the greatest of ease.Push button 2 wheel to 4 wheel is very simple,lots of power from the v6

Not if You are Naive to Vehicles

by someone from on Sat Apr 25 2009

cracked windshield. Does not go into 2nd gear for a while. Has check engine light on. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone unless you fix cars and know how to fix them!

Does not recommend this car!!

Our Take on the 1998 GMC Jimmy

BRANTFORD, Ontario, Canada -- It's the middle of a cold winter's night in the birthplace of hockey's Wayne Gretzky, but I'm not here in search of memorials to the Great One.

I'm looking for doughnuts -- Tim Horton doughnuts -- and a big, strong cup of coffee.

My annual pilgrimage to Detroit for the big auto show in January includes a weekend in another not-so-hot spot -- Buffalo, N.Y. -- where I visit relatives.

This year, going from Detroit to Buffalo, I foolishly took the southern route from Detroit to Buffalo through Toledo and Cleveland in Ohio and Erie in Pennsylvania.

On the way back to Detroit, I took the more familiar, shorter, and more scenic route through the plains... Read More