2000 Jimmy

$816 - $5,360  MSRP Range
2000 GMC Jimmy

3.9

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2000 GMC Jimmy?

Heavy Equipment Gal

by Lenny from Avalon Wisconsin on Fri Aug 15 2014

I worked running trucks & heavy equipment for over 30 years. Second owner on my Jimmy. It not only was the best vehicle I ever had for getting to & from job sites, but driving through them. I spared not a part of her from heavy duty on my property either. A tow chain & my Jimmy pulled off a bad sunroom & hauled it to the fire pit. It has gone cross country runs, short hops to town, & run arounds in the city; with 17' trailer loaded full or without, with tow package a smooth ride every time. The 4x4 in., tow chain, & pulled out a sunken 25' camper up to it's axles. BUT cleaned it up . . . still get compliments on her beauty (Diamond Edition, Black). I taught my Granddaughter to drive in it, & now my Grandson. Few minor fixes over the years. Like a unloaded semi trailer, be aware of high side winds, but worth every dime I paid & then some. 15 years since it was built, & shown no mercy; I would still drive it from coast to coast & know it will bring me home safe.

Fuel prices aren't the real issue

by cranky from on Sat May 23 2009

It's the fuel pump. I replaced it twice and was unable to be covered by warranty cause they said the pump didn't fit right! That was 1200 total plus 80 tow. I pushed it the 2nd time. The back seat is also not meant for 3 children if 2 car seats are needed. The ball joint can be costly too, if you don't do them yourself. Over all I put more money into the car then I paid for it- in 2yrs. I've been stranded many times with my 3 kids

Does not recommend this car!!

Excellent vehicle

by Hot Ride 101 from Erie, PA on Thu Jul 24 2014

This is a excellent vehicle to have!! I would definitely recommend this vehicle to any one.. A must have SUV to do more than just drive. 4wd drive is excellent in the snow, roof rack is excellent for my canoe and it drives just right when I go off roading.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Nice little SUV

by Tom from Iowa on Sat Dec 20 2014

I bought this car early summer of 2014, with 14,000 miles on it. The previous owner had used it to deliver newspapers, so the tranny was a little rough from the stopping and going. After a flush and new filter, it's good as new. The only problem I've had is needing new hub assemblies, but at 150,000 miles, thats to be expected. I like to do a lot of mudding/off roading stuff, and I've found that with a good set of AT tires this SUV will go anywhere. I've taken it through 3 ft of water/mud, 7 ft snow drifts, I just cant get the thing stuck. It'll also pull a trailer rather nicley for such a small vehicle.

awesome reliabe car

by Bruce234 from on Mon Dec 30 2013

I have had this jimmy for a year however my dad ownedthis car for 10 years and has started without fail every day. Weather in winter or extreme heat it has never had a problem.I'm not saying it has not had its fair share of problems it is a car with moving parts. Back to my dad using this a trailer that weighed over 5000 pound on the tounge constantly and rod the axels and rear diff hard. It has had to have the diff replaced and the axels but that is with the trailer every day. It currently has 250,476 miles on it and is still running strong this is the first time the oxygen sensor had to be replaced. Overall an amazing car. Its been backed into by a semi and only left a scuff on the bumper for crying out loud :D! Its still a work truck!

Good use for landlord

by TyeinDC from Washington DC on Sat Jun 03 2017

first thing first I am a tall person 6'3" this vehicle has plenty of leg room. Luv the audio sound system. I like the fact that the spare tire is hidden underneath leaving me more room in the back trunk for hauling materials . Can seat up to 5 people.

Peppy and Easy to Park... BUT:

by Jimmy from Smithfield, RI on Wed Oct 25 2006

--Arm rest way too low for any substantial cruising comfort. --Cruise control has broken twice. --Vehicle is a bit narrow; and, though easy to park, can feel a bit rollover-prone at highway speeds. --Seems essentially well assembled but on a platform

Does not recommend this car!!

She's a dang good runner and has never let me down

by Superjimmy from Zimmerman mn on Sat Mar 10 2018

It's a solid ride with a super loud sound system the CD player works and is loud. She is a little ok little old but she doesnt let me down with all the snow lately have pulled out myself and a few friends like it was nothing with my trustty jimmy

Uses car for Towing

Great SUV COMFORT AND PREFORMANCE

by Fenafair 64 from Saint Albans on Mon May 08 2017

Great vehicle for its age, great safety and power lots of features comforts and security I would defiantly recommend this vehicle to anyone who was looking for duribility and lasting reliability with or without a family

comfortable and durable with a bite

by Dinomal from Charleston, SC on Sun May 21 2017

This vehicle has a very comfortable ride,. paired with a strong 4.3 liter engine. The styling is very classy, enabling this suv tough enough for towing heavy loads, sleek enough to take the family to dinner in style. The jimmy is one of GMC's most accomplished vehicle in the hearts of its owners. They make purchasing a vehicle a pleasure, however when the time comes they are difficult to let go.

1 2