2001 Gmc Jimmy

Capable and dependable

by from Colorado on October 16, 2009

I've owned my Jimmy since 2005 and it's been one of the most dependable and capable vehicles I've ever had. In my opinion its an underrated bargain. The 4.3 V6 engine is virtually bullet proof. One of the best of it's size and type in the market with excellent towing capability. The Jimmy is fun and easy to drive and "just the right size". The only problem I've had in almost 100K miles is a driver's side power window motor that I had to replace under warranty. Mileage could be bit better but it's still pretty much in line with other 4x4 V6 alternatives.

Uses car for Towing

Great Little 4x4

by from Lincoln, NE on February 22, 2011

My sister bought a new Jimmy in 2001. I bought it from her in 2006 with 80,000 miles, it now has 145,000 miles and runs like new. I have replaced the fuel pump, radiator and a window motor but that's it. Amazing in the snow, does better than my Suburban. Engine is very powerful, I love to drive it. My only complaints are the gas mileage, 12 around town, 17 on the highway and the HVAC system, the HVAC system just sucks.

reliable vehicle

by from Houston, Tx on April 14, 2016

my uncle gave me this vehicle before he died, i have had for almost a few months, i like it is a good vehicle, it is 4x4 black exterior, black cloth seats, the driver seat has some tears, but i do not care about the tears just as long has it runs beautifully

Nothing Performs Better in a Blizzard

by from Rochester, NY on February 25, 2015

2001 4-door SLT with Auto 4-Wheel Drive. 245K on the odometer but idles perfectly and has incredible power tnd torque. Three snowy seasons in upstate New York and Massachusetts and have motored through the heart of several blizzards. With good Toyo All-Terrain tires and Auto 4-Wheel Drive, the Jimmy leaves newer SUVs on the side of the road. Amazing and safe. Keep your Jimmy maintained and the VORTEC will last 500K - many delivery vans are running around town with the same engine. Seat warmers compensate for the weak little heater.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2nd one i have bought

by from rome,NY on February 4, 2012

i bought the 2001 jimmy after my daughter totaled my 1998 jimmy. I absolutely love this vehicle. the only complaint is the four wheel drive. factory defect on both years gmc never figured it out. so i had to fix it on my own on both models and havent had any problems since. wish it had better gas milage also but ths is a wonderful vehicle to own.

Great body style and looks like an SUV

by from Sacramento, CA on March 30, 2016

I wish all SUVs looked like this one. Most of them today have been made to look like station wagons. We've enjoyed our "Jimmy" for years and have never had any issues with it.

Most Reliable

by from on March 27, 2009

I love this car! It drives great and is very dependable. I would recommend this vehicle to everyone. It's not to big and not to small, it's JUST RIGHT!

you

by from on January 3, 2009

it is a nice suv but it is alittle over priced. the inter is nice it handles good and looks good low mileage but once a agian it is alittle over priced it should be around 2300 to 2500.

safety features did not do well in crash tests

by from north texas on January 1, 2008

Manual transmission problems/repair/remove/ Intake manifold oil leaks rear differential gmc bulletin about gear lash continous rolling thump thump thump sound while rolling out of gear or in gear. front pinion seal leak rear differential loves gasoline/poor gas mileage plastic exterior parts around privacy glass poorly manufactured. plastic inside cabin parts rattle when cold If a person has the time to spend getting all of the repairs made and does not get tired of going to the dealer for repairs to be done I would recommend this vehicle. loose body parts found especially headlight assemblies and front bumper cover. Spare tire inside mount takes away the inside space that could be available if spare tire was located under vehicle or on back of tailgate.

Similar Models