1993 Gmc Sierra 1500

Solidly Reliable

by from Nova Scotia on October 27, 2010

I bought this truck (2WD, 8FT box, SL) used a few years ago and it was in very rough shape. The body was full of rust and dents, the radio harness was ripped out, and all 4 tires and 2 rims needed replacing. Mechanically, though, this has been the most reliable truck I've ever owned. All that's needed attention in the last 3 years is an alternator and gas tank and straps (used tank was $100, both straps were $30). Routine maintenance is all this truck needs to stay running smoothly and efficiently. I also put middle-grade fuel in and I notice far better performance and fuel efficiency, thus becoming more cost-effective. I did some body work and primed everything I went over as well as rust spots, rewired the dash, and took out the dents. It's still a rough old work truck, but I expect this truck to last another twenty years.

Similar Models