1993 Sierra 1500

1993 GMC Sierra 1500

1993 GMC Sierra 1500

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have you driven the 1993 GMC Sierra 1500?

The best truck I have ever owned

by salty dog from Florida on June 17, 2017

I bought this truck new. 5.7 V8, 8' box. I sold it 12 years later with over 218,000 miles on it. I had to rebuild the transmission at 202,000 miles. All those years I towed a heavy 23', then 25' boat, many times 300 mile round trip plus other heavy trailers (for a 1/2 ton p/u). Replaced 1 power steering pump & 1 alternator. I replaced this truck only because it didn't have air bags & I was starting to make several long road trips a year. It ran perfect from the day I bought it till the day I sold it. I am on my second GMC 1500 & neither of these trucks are close to my '93. I truly loved that truck.

Best truck to buy that's older.

by Truck Lover from Vilas, NC on April 24, 2017

Runs great even after all these years. The interior is great. The body design I love. Everything about it is great. The motor is good after all these years. This truck can take a lot of miles.

Uses car for Off-roading

Solidly Reliable

by Ernie from Nova Scotia on October 27, 2010

I bought this truck (2WD, 8FT box, SL) used a few years ago and it was in very rough shape. The body was full of rust and dents, the radio harness was ripped out, and all 4 tires and 2 rims needed replacing. Mechanically, though, this has been the most reliable truck I've ever owned. All that's needed attention in the last 3 years is an alternator and gas tank and straps (used tank was $100, both straps were $30). Routine maintenance is all this truck needs to stay running smoothly and efficiently. I also put middle-grade fuel in and I notice far better performance and fuel efficiency, thus becoming more cost-effective. I did some body work and primed everything I went over as well as rust spots, rewired the dash, and took out the dents. It's still a rough old work truck, but I expect this truck to last another twenty years.