1993 GMC Sierra 1500 consumer reviews

$11,607 starting MSRP
side view of 1993 Sierra 1500 GMC
Explore the 1993 GMC Sierra 1500
4.0

Good truck no problems it always starts right up.

Runs great it is a good truck i haven't really had any problems with it it always starts right up. It's a solid vehicle and gets from point a to point b without question.

The best truck I have ever owned

I bought this truck new. 5.7 V8, 8' box. I sold it 12 years later with over 218,000 miles on it. I had to rebuild the transmission at 202,000 miles. All those years I towed a heavy 23', then 25' boat, many times 300 mile round trip plus other heavy trailers (for a 1/2 ton p/u). Replaced 1 power steering pump & 1 alternator. I replaced this truck only because it didn't have air bags & I was starting to make several long road trips a year. It ran perfect from the day I bought it till the day I sold it. I am on my second GMC 1500 & neither of these trucks are close to my '93. I truly loved that truck.

Best truck to buy that's older.

Runs great even after all these years. The interior is great. The body design I love. Everything about it is great. The motor is good after all these years. This truck can take a lot of miles.

3.7

Solidly Reliable

I bought this truck (2WD, 8FT box, SL) used a few years ago and it was in very rough shape. The body was full of rust and dents, the radio harness was ripped out, and all 4 tires and 2 rims needed replacing. Mechanically, though, this has been the most reliable truck I've ever owned. All that's needed attention in the last 3 years is an alternator and gas tank and straps (used tank was $100, both straps were $30). Routine maintenance is all this truck needs to stay running smoothly and efficiently. I also put middle-grade fuel in and I notice far better performance and fuel efficiency, thus becoming more cost-effective. I did some body work and primed everything I went over as well as rust spots, rewired the dash, and took out the dents. It's still a rough old work truck, but I expect this truck to last another twenty years.