Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1994 Sierra 1500

1994 GMC Sierra 1500

1994 GMC Sierra 1500

5 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 1994 GMC Sierra 1500?

Excellent Truck

by Chevy lover from on Mon Nov 10 2014

Great vehicle for new drivers. I bought this truck for my son 4 years ago when he got his license, he's had it ever since and loves it. Very reliable, no major repairs or breakdowns, just typical maintenance. I've replaced a few things you can expect to go bad after 20 years but nothing major. Overall great truck and very reliable for school/work.

Good through the long haul

by DrDave from Walnut Creek CA on Thu Feb 05 2015

I got the truck in 1994 and it is now 2015. The truck has been in Montana and now in California. NO major problems with the truck. The only thing that went wrong was it needed a new starter in 2014 and an inginition module in 2013. The truck as not seen a lot of miles as it is 21 years old and has 67000 origninal miles on the odomter. I plan on keeping it through my upcoming retirment and take it back to Montana to run free. California Highways are not a place for any truck to roam. The truck is very dependable and very comfortable to ride in. I pull on occasion a Coleman Niagara Trailer and with the 305 engine and auto trans it pulls it about anywhere I want to go . There is no rust on any part of the truck , so GMC did good on rustproffing. Hopefully it will be around a lot longer, as my sons or daughters or grandkids can use it.

1994 Gmc Sierra GT 4X4 Short Box

by Rosco from Kila, Mt on Fri Apr 17 2015

Bought new in 1994. Loved the look of a all black short box, GT sport model with the 5.7 engine, window sticker says 300 Hp. I am the original owner, the truck has 80000 miles on it and I am getting ready to redo it back to the original condition. ( New Paint, Replace worn parts) GMC called me 4 years ago and offered me the GT Emblems and stickers for free so I have them. One of the best trucks GMC ever made. I also own a 2008 Silverado crew cab LTZ 4X4 I would rather drive my 94. The 94 has a basic dash and I can see the engine, But the 2008 I''am still trying to figure out all this new tech and can't see the engine.

Faithful, hard working truck for 20 years !

by Michaelthe4thstooge from RutVegas, VT on Fri Jul 20 2018

I've owned this truck for 20 years and it has served me so well. I did diligently maintain it and replace parts when they broke and wore out which is probably a good part of it. It still looks good after 24 years because I kept it garaged and regularly waxed the exterior and repaired any rust when it appeared. It has been extremely reliable and had always started even after having been in storage for months at a time. It is rugged and have used it to haul everything from firewood, leaves, mulch, trash, barrels of oil, etc., etc., I would definitely buy it again but the new ones are 50 grand plus so that's out of the question. I've owned other GMCs and have found them just a good if you take care of them.