1998 GMC Sierra 1500 consumer reviews

Explore the 1998 Sierra 1500 GMC
Shop the 1998 Sierra 1500 GMC
4.0

The most durable truck.

I did everything with this vehicle using it for an hvac business and personal use as well. The frame is full sturdy and I overloaded it alot removing old mechanical systems. Filled it with old commercial radiators which fit in well as high as the cab drove it back at 80 mph not one problem the way I like it. The Suspension still was not bottomed out and was robust. This truck came from ohio i got it at 95K

3.9

best truck I ever owned

great gas mileage. I was the third owner of it. My father was the second owner. It had 236,000 when I sd it to my cousin up in Washington

Best Truck ever.

I purchased my 1998 Sierra new. It has a 5 speed standard transmission and a manual transfer case and locking hubs. The original 305 had some top end issues. At 267,000 miles, she mushroomed a valve. I decided to drop a 350CID motor in her and it did a world of good. She has 280,000 now. The interior and exterior are high quality and are an 8 and9. To me she's priceless.

4.3

Most reliable

Best one so far i have owned could not ask for a better truck it gets be from point a to point be no problem

Men Drive Chevys

This truck is FUN, LOUD both inside and out, and STRONG!! I have taken it back and forth to Florida from Colorado is extremely dependable. I have had regular services on it, There are a few Minor cosmetics but the truck is Solid!!

4.4

beautiful, strong older truck.

this is a sweet looking truck, i have the ext cab and it helps fit family as well as belongings. the bed is big enough for my tool box, kayak, furniture. very useful truck.dependable and strong engine

3.6

One of the best

Being the last of the best modern body styles. This truck has tons of opions. For a V8 it gets good gas to the miles. Great work truck and an all-around town driver. Maintenance is simple, but if neglected. You will pay! So change the oil and have the transmission serviced on time.

280,000miles

280,000 miles. hallen,mudden, evetything good. seats and floormats durty from mud and beer stains. moble 1 synthetic 100%

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

Well over 200K miles now and still going. Other than the fuel pump (replaced twice) minimal repair work. With regular oil changes, scheduled maintenance, reliability and longevity have been far above expectations. May keep it forever. Very solid vehicle, and feel safe in traffic with the extra metal around me.