1999 Gmc Sierra 1500

Have owned for 17 years

by from on February 28, 2017

Runs well at 248,000 miles. Few problems over its lifetime. Will likely buy another Sierra in the future.

Owned This Truck for 17 Years No Complaints

by from Los Angeles, CA on July 29, 2016

Got this truck new in June of 1999. It's been my daily driver ever since. Haven't put a ton of miles on it as I don't commute too far for work (155,000). Very rarely do I have to do any major repairs other than basic maintenance. Truck's been rock solid for 17 years.

99 sierra sl stepside v6

by from East Texas, Tx on March 23, 2013

Just purchased a used sierra v6 with 94k on the clock. The truck is beautiful with the stepside bed, v6 engine, chrome factory wheels. Interior in great shape. Drives and handles well, since purchase had to clean maf sensor due to sometime hesitation at takeoff. Seems to have taken care of problem. Overall very impressed with truck, first gmc product purchased.

Wonderful truck

by from Arkansas on August 12, 2012

SLE bought used in 2008 with 40K, two-tone silver paint with pinstriping. Most luxurious pickup I've owned. Gas mileage about 18 overall. Power seats very comfortable. Ride quiet and good for long distances. Extended cab plenty of room for three people or folds up for lots of storage. Drove four years with regular maintenance and new tires. Only complaints, lack of fourth door on driver's side and squeaky noises in dash.

1999 GMC

by from Michigan on January 16, 2012

Just bought a 1999 GMC Sierra Ext cab for third vehicle to tow some things and have for son to drive to school. Surprised how nice this truck still is. Very comfortable SLE and all the toys still work fine. Heated seats, power everything and the 4WD all in great shape. Had 132K on it and I am sure I can get many more out of it. Great acceleration and doesn't drink the gas I thought it would on the HWY. Dash doesn't have the refinements that today's trucks do, but fine for what we are using it for. Happy with my purchase.

Nice Truck

by from Pa. on December 28, 2011

I have looked for a long time and this is a really nice truck for the money. It has all the goodies and I think it is in like new shape.

this truck rocks my socks

by from louisiana on July 7, 2010

i love it. exterior is beautiful. even though the tailgate fell off 3 days after i bought it. love it

one tuff truck

by from Ohio on September 21, 2009

I drove mine for 10 years 150,000 miles with very few problems. it was built well and drove like a dream. The brakes lasted 100,000 miles!!! It went all over the country with me as I worked construction. And it was stolen once also.

best truck i have ever owned

by from mississippi on February 21, 2008

i bought my truck 6 months ago it has almost 200000 miles on it and it is still running great. I have had no problems out of it. The towing is like nothing i have seen, i have carried several thousand pounds, and it didnt feel like there was anything even being pulled behind me. Even going up hill is easy towing with this truck. It is great

best truck

by from sault ste marie, mi on September 20, 2007

great vehicle, rides is very comfortable, for a truck. great power range, towing is great for all smaller fifth wheels, and trailers.

Our Expert Review: 1999 Gmc Sierra 1500