2001 Gmc Sierra 1500

no problems ever 90k and still strong

by from orlando, Fl on May 5, 2010

I have towed a 22 foot bass boat and a 7000 pound cleaning rig with this truck for 75,000 plus miles and I do not service like I should, but she still runs sweet and I will drive it til it dies. Which may mean I am stuck with her for the next 60 years! 2002 GMC Sierra 5.3 V8 2WD 90k miles ad still strong.

Uses car for Towing

gmc

by from dothan al on February 13, 2012

great truck, z71 4x4, handles and drives great, fuel economy is good considering 5.3 liter. ride is excellent 4x4 shifting is smooth

Uses car for Off-roading

I've got a 1951 and a 2001 GM Pickup.

by from Grand Junction Colorado on August 19, 2009

My 1951 and my 2001 GM pickups are both stepsides. The 2001 is the best Vehicle I have ever owned. It has never broken down, (I can't say that about my '51) is fun to drive I can say that about my '51 and very comfortable, My 51...NOT!. I bought the 2001 used about five years ago when it had twenty five thousand miles on it. It now has seventy two thousand. I have changed the oil myself (Very easy to do) and had it serviced by the dealer at 60 thousand, a new set of tires at 70 thousand,I also changed the battery about two years ago and that's all. Everything works and works well. I have driven it in all kinds of weather it does very well in snow. I plan on keeping this truck along with my 1951 forever.

great truck

by from Anderson, SC on October 7, 2006

excellent truck..never had a single problem with it mechanically....good balance between comfort and work ability..

Great truck

by from Texan living in California on May 28, 2006

I love my truck. I have driven it 120,000 miles. To list the problems I have had,1st at 30,000 miles I had an electrical problem with the ignition.The 2nd problem was the parking brake.The parking brake was a constant problem.It wouldn't hold my truck in place on a boat ramp.I took it in and the dearlership replaced the brake free of charge even though it was over its warrenty and I had purchased the vehicle at another location.The brake eventually went bad again and then the parking brake release cable broke.The 3rd problem was the tail gate cables. They both eventually broke in 2004, about the same time as the recall came out.This truck has been a great investment. As for the durability, I have driven my truck from one coast to other.I have driven in rain, snow, ice, desert, mountains, and rush hour traffic. I have always had plenty of power for the demands of the road. I have pulled trailers and boats. I have had my Harley in the back of my truck, the cab loaded with stuff, and pulled my waverunner all at the same time and drove from Florida to Texas with no problems. I have also driven from Texas to California with my Harley in the back of my truck on I-10/I-8 with no problems. Furthermore, I have been impressed with the way it handles in snow and in particular on ice. My dad swears by a 4X4 in these elements because of the traction it provides. However, I was very impressed with my ability to drive in this weather. As, for the comfort of the truck, the front seat is great, however, the back seat is not so great. The back seat attempts to be comfortable with a slight angle back, but it is not enough for long periods. It is perfect though for sleeping. As for handling, It handles good at all speeds. I find myself at 90-95mph sometimes and I feel very comfortable at those speeds. Although, at around 97 mph the governor kicks in and it the truck slows down. It is one feature I hate. The other not so glamorious trate is its turning radius. To do U-turns at intersections, you will need to drive into the intersection before beginning your turn, otherwise you may end up on the curb. As for the features, I gave it 5 stars because of what GMC offers in particular, On Star. However, with my truck, I opted for no thrills but the radio.

very reliable truck

by from toledo ohio on April 14, 2012

someone should look at this # 1 truck not many of these around these days tha is a good one for someone that like nice truck

2001 gmc seirra tbe best.

by from weeki wachee florida on September 20, 2017

I have had it for 17 years,i have never had a problem with it,never any repairs what so ever,it has 82000 miles and still going strong,the best vehicle I ever oened,and I am 67.its truly a great truck for sure.russ boyd.

Hard to let this one go.

by on November 8, 2017

This truck has gotten me places I wanted to go and got me out of places I wanted to leave with comfort, reliability, safety, and in a quickness in some cases. I love the truck, and the condition used doesn't get any better than this one.

Too soon to tell.

by from Raytown, Mo on November 26, 2017

I drove it 190 miles back from the dealership to my house. It drove beautifully and everything works. Plenty of power and a very smooth ride for a truck.

Great truck.

by from Panama City Beach on October 21, 2017

Excellent get up and go....real nice truck...never had no engine or tranny issues....way to go GM.A real work and play truck.pulled my 30 ft camper easily.

Our Expert Review: 2001 Gmc Sierra 1500