Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2001 Sierra 1500

2001 GMC Sierra 1500

2001 GMC Sierra 1500

Have You Driven the 2001 GMC Sierra 1500?

great truck

by truk from Anderson, SC on Sat Oct 07 2006

excellent truck..never had a single problem with it mechanically....good balance between comfort and work ability..

231k miles and still going.

by WTB from Fort Lauderdale, FL on Wed Apr 04 2018

Who buys a truck with 231k miles? Me! I found this used 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 online priced at $3,200. I ended up making a deal and got it for $2,900. When I test drove the truck, it was everything I wanted in a truck. The miles did not scare me because it ran perfect and the engine was solid. I just recently changed out the oil and put Mobil 1 full synthetic and a quart of Lucus oil stabilizer to extend the engine life. This truck is comfortable and has the rear extended doors that also open. It’s pretty good on gas too being a full size pickup truck with the 5.3 v8 engine. I’m in love with my truck and hope that I can put another 100k miles on it.

no problems ever 90k and still strong

by j5jeffw from orlando, Fl on Wed May 05 2010

I have towed a 22 foot bass boat and a 7000 pound cleaning rig with this truck for 75,000 plus miles and I do not service like I should, but she still runs sweet and I will drive it til it dies. Which may mean I am stuck with her for the next 60 years! 2002 GMC Sierra 5.3 V8 2WD 90k miles ad still strong.

Uses car for Towing

I've got a 1951 and a 2001 GM Pickup.

by I buy a GM truck every 50 years. from Grand Junction Colorado on Wed Aug 19 2009

My 1951 and my 2001 GM pickups are both stepsides. The 2001 is the best Vehicle I have ever owned. It has never broken down, (I can't say that about my '51) is fun to drive I can say that about my '51 and very comfortable, My 51...NOT!. I bought the 2001 used about five years ago when it had twenty five thousand miles on it. It now has seventy two thousand. I have changed the oil myself (Very easy to do) and had it serviced by the dealer at 60 thousand, a new set of tires at 70 thousand,I also changed the battery about two years ago and that's all. Everything works and works well. I have driven it in all kinds of weather it does very well in snow. I plan on keeping this truck along with my 1951 forever.

Great truck

by John from Texan living in California on Sun May 28 2006

I love my truck. I have driven it 120,000 miles. To list the problems I have had,1st at 30,000 miles I had an electrical problem with the ignition.The 2nd problem was the parking brake.The parking brake was a constant problem.It wouldn't hold my truck in place on a boat ramp.I took it in and the dearlership replaced the brake free of charge even though it was over its warrenty and I had purchased the vehicle at another location.The brake eventually went bad again and then the parking brake release cable broke.The 3rd problem was the tail gate cables. They both eventually broke in 2004, about the same time as the recall came out.This truck has been a great investment. As for the durability, I have driven my truck from one coast to other.I have driven in rain, snow, ice, desert, mountains, and rush hour traffic. I have always had plenty of power for the demands of the road. I have pulled trailers and boats. I have had my Harley in the back of my truck, the cab loaded with stuff, and pulled my waverunner all at the same time and drove from Florida to Texas with no problems. I have also driven from Texas to California with my Harley in the back of my truck on I-10/I-8 with no problems. Furthermore, I have been impressed with the way it handles in snow and in particular on ice. My dad swears by a 4X4 in these elements because of the traction it provides. However, I was very impressed with my ability to drive in this weather. As, for the comfort of the truck, the front seat is great, however, the back seat is not so great. The back seat attempts to be comfortable with a slight angle back, but it is not enough for long periods. It is perfect though for sleeping. As for handling, It handles good at all speeds. I find myself at 90-95mph sometimes and I feel very comfortable at those speeds. Although, at around 97 mph the governor kicks in and it the truck slows down. It is one feature I hate. The other not so glamorious trate is its turning radius. To do U-turns at intersections, you will need to drive into the intersection before beginning your turn, otherwise you may end up on the curb. As for the features, I gave it 5 stars because of what GMC offers in particular, On Star. However, with my truck, I opted for no thrills but the radio.

gmc

by gmc man from dothan al on Mon Feb 13 2012

great truck, z71 4x4, handles and drives great, fuel economy is good considering 5.3 liter. ride is excellent 4x4 shifting is smooth

Uses car for Off-roading

very reliable truck

by gmc driver from toledo ohio on Sat Apr 14 2012

someone should look at this # 1 truck not many of these around these days tha is a good one for someone that like nice truck

Too soon to tell.

by Busman 1 from Raytown, Mo on Sun Nov 26 2017

I drove it 190 miles back from the dealership to my house. It drove beautifully and everything works. Plenty of power and a very smooth ride for a truck.

2001 gmc seirra tbe best.

by rusty wayne from weeki wachee florida on Wed Sep 20 2017

I have had it for 17 years,i have never had a problem with it,never any repairs what so ever,it has 82000 miles and still going strong,the best vehicle I ever oened,and I am 67.its truly a great truck for sure.russ boyd.

Most Rekiable Car I've Owned

by NewYork23 from Rochester, NY on Wed Jul 18 2018

This car met all of my needs. It has plenty of legroom in the front and back, the ride is great compared to other cars I tested. It has 3 USB ports ...

1 2

Our Take on the 2001 GMC Sierra 1500

A sport/luxury pickup truck may sound like an oxymoron, but since pickups are rapidly become more like cars with beds instead of work vehicles, and since automakers are intent on building something to fit every conceivable market segment, it seems less perplexing.

Take GMC's Sierra C3, for example. It is loaded with enough luxury goodies to humble your basic sedan, yet performance has not been ignored either. It hits 60 mph in 8 seconds and has leather seats that are as sumptuous as the GMC Denali or Cadillac Escalade. In fact, the Sierra C3 and Denali are twins separated only by a 6.5-foot pickup bed. The fact that the bed is covered with a soft tonneau cover gives a good indication of how... Read More