2006 Sierra 1500

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great truck!

by Mike from Wayne County, NY on February 1, 2012

I bought a 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLE, Z71 Off-Road with approximately 73,000 miles on it. It was between that truck and a Nissan Frontier (was considering a mid-size after 10 years of driving an S-10). Thankfully I chose full-size. This truck rides nice, accelerates great, gets decent fuel economy, and my favorite - has room for enything or anyone I want to put in it. One day it has all my hunting buddies, the next it has the family. It suits both perfectly. The drivetrain on these American Trucks are bulletproof if you take care of them. Buy one of these trucks, dump the conventional oil out of them, add full synthetic, change it every 3,000-4,000 miles, and get the transmission flushed every 30,000 miles and there's no reason why they won't last you until 250,000 miles or more. When they say professional grade they mean it.

Definitely Going to last 250,000 Miles

by GMC TRUCK Enthusiast from Valparaiso, IN on July 13, 2012

I bought this truck in August of 2006, brand new. It's a crew cab, short box, 2WD with SLE-2 trim level. The truck is pure POWER! The 5.3L V8 can pull anything you throw at it, and the fact that it can run on E85 is reassuring when gas goes up to $4 a gallon and I need to save money, while also putting less pollutants in the environment. I primarily use this truck to pull around my kids and carry cargo in the bed (wood in the winter months). It's a great family hauler and with an average 18.4 mpg, I couldn't wish for a better truck! I love the driver information center on it, giving me full information on how the truck is doing (ex. engine hours, fuel economy, when to change the oil, etc...) Right now the truck is at 110,000 strong, and I'm sure that i will at LEAST get another 110,000 out of it! GMC is Professional Grade!

1500 HD

by tpifher from Davison, MI on April 8, 2009

A workhorse, this 1500 has guts and doesn't quit til the job is done. I've gone cross country with out a problem. I tow a travel trailer without any issues. The OnStar gives me a new level of comfort. While leaving ND into MT they found a motel for my dog & I. They also gave me some directions finding a small town in the middle of MT.

Uses car for Towing

ok

by punk900 from Arkansas on July 23, 2012

Bought directly as a trade-in directly from dealership at a dealer-only auction, as at the time I was a licensed used car dealer. At the time, it was purchased at a deep discount compared to retail so I cannot complain. On to the truck. If I would have paid retail, I would be greatly disappointed as it has more rattles ,and small irritating problems than my 98 did with twice the mileage and use and abuse from me and the previous owner. That being said, it has not left me stranded yet, more than I can say for other vehicles that I have owned,bought,trade, and worked on !

GMC's Great

by Adam from Cocoa, FL on October 10, 2006

Best truck I ever owned. This is my third and will have over 200K miles just like the first two. GMC and Chevrolet are almost identical but the GMC front is more attractive in my opinion.

Best Truck Going

by Converted GM Owner For Life from New England on December 1, 2006

Over the years I have driven many pickups ( Dodge, Ford and Chevy) for work and play and this truck is the best of them all. Luxurious but very practical. Interior comfort exceeds all other pickup trucks. True workhorse. Not afraid to push the vehicle to its ' max. I just wish I had this vehicle sooner instead of my last piece of junk Ford F150

Great buy for the money

by Otis from Waterford WI on January 16, 2007

I have the 2006 sierra denali, and I love it. It pulls my boat like a dream (19' searay) and is very comfortible on long rides.The AWD feature is better in snow than I antisipated, and has more power than I need.I have driven pickup trucks for 20+ years and this is my favorite to date.

I thought the new f150 was good.

by Chris B mn from Monticello Minnesota on October 11, 2006

I had a 2004 f150 and i loved the truck. But i have to say that GMC sierra has just that bit more. I love all the options and the ride is great, so quiet and smooth. This truck stands out from the rest. I am so happy i dident go to the over priced fj toyota.

2006 Gmc sierra-overall great truck

by Pick up truck man from Farmington,MN on June 24, 2013

Nothing beats a gm product. I now have 110,000 miles on my pick up and there has been absolutely nothing wrong with it. It pulls like a champ and is a great daily driver. I cant wait to buy a 2014 Silverado. Chevy guy for life!

Uses car for Off-roading

My Denali

by Bubba from Jonesboro, Georgia on May 30, 2014

I test drove the truck and immediately knew it was mine if the price was right. The truck has exceeded my expectations from the engine to the spacious interior. The gauges and driver controls are easy to read and to reach. The interior is spacious and very comfortable. The engine is the Vortex Max, when I need a fast response the power from the 6.0 Liter is spot on. I plan on getting another GMC Denali when this one gives out.

1 2 3