2002 GMC Sierra 2500 Consumer Reviews

2002 Gmc Sierra 2500
Average based on 5 reviews

Outstanding Truck

by from Kennewick, WA on April 9, 2012

Great Truck. I tow with this truck a lot and it has amazed me. I have the 6.0 300 hp, 4:10 rearend, long box extended cab. The only things that I have done to it in 10 years is a EGR valve and replaed the two front speakers. Love this truck.

Uses car for Towing

2002 GMC Sierra K2500HD SLT

by from 44691 on December 12, 2011

Great truck, workhorse, tons of power and torque, can pull anything, very comfortable feel and ride, poor fuel mileage though

Uses car for Towing

First GM Truck but love it so far

by from N.W. Missouri on September 14, 2011

Great truck! Only con is MPG but with aftermarket intake and dual exhaust best MPG was 15.7 on highway. Great in snow even in 2WD but will spin tires easily. Will pull anything you put behind it. Tricked out with lots of crome and matching topper, gets lots of comments.

Toughest Truck I've ever had

by from Bangor, Maine on November 13, 2008

Only downside to this truck is the gas mileage... low teens. But it'll pull a small mountain if asked. Unbelieveable amount of power!

GMC 2500 8.1 Liter

by from Warrensburg, MO on October 3, 2012

This truck gets the same gas mileage as my old 6.0 liter GMC 2500, but it's much smoother to drive. Both vehicles had the 4.1 rear axle, which I recommend for anyone pulling 7500 pounds or more on a regular basis with a gas motor. The Allison transmission on the 8.1 Liter is silky clean and it matches up so well with all that horse power. Our 6.0 was always a little underpowered when we pulled our living quarters horse trailer, this 8.1 really is much stronger. The result? Easy uphills, less wear, better gas mileage when towing. I loved the 6.0 for it's durability, the 8.1 is the same. This truck is GMC Trucks at its best, in my opinion.