2006 Gmc Sierra 2500

strongest sturdiest truck i've ever owned

by from hills of WV on January 20, 2011

cant be beat for the money in all areas of workability and power.strong puller with good mileage and dependability in all weatther conditions.

truck

by from Atlanta on December 12, 2009

use it everyday to pull enclosed trailer, bobcat trailer, and any other kind of trailer. 25MPG@55MPH

Sierra SLE

by from Fallon NV on July 21, 2011

Decent truck I use for my business and going up in the mountains to my mining sites. The only beef is mileage sucks I have seen 16mpg thats it. I tried to use a diablo on the computer but seems to not really do much except when towing it got 10mpg! Without the tune 12mpg. Other than that super comfortable and great on and off road manners.

expensive maintenance

by from Maryland on January 18, 2012

2500HD diesel work truck bought new, now with 60k miles. Garaged, rarely started without going 100miles, mostly interstate, but has a lot of rust on the frame. Lightweight slide-in camper on it most of the time. But already all 4 calipers replaced, and fluid lines on transmission leaking and had to be replaced! The mechanic said "They all do it". GMC has been building trucks for 100 years and they still don't know how to build these? The truck has done what I bought it to do, but beware that to keep it going requires expensive maintenance.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best truck!

by from Enfield, ct on July 31, 2017

I loved my Sierra.. I smiled every time I got in :) I loved everything about it. From the leather heated seats, the height, the reliability and durability. How it had memory seat positions. This truck was badass. Many compliments. The gas was a bit pricey, but to be expected. The handling was great. Overall extremely happy with this vehicle.

2006 GMC 2500HD

by from Indianapolis on August 7, 2017

Took 2 road trips with this truck already. One was pulling a 7500 LB travel trailer 2800 miles, interior comfort was nice and the ride was smooth. Love the truck. The 8.1 Vortec and Allison 6 speed auto made for decent acceleration but fuel economy was pretty rough. Still the best towing truck I have had.