Model Details

4.1
Average based on 7 reviews

one of the best

by from San Antonio Texas on July 17, 2010

I had been lookimg for a heavy pickup but never thought i'd gp for a diesel but here i am and i love it.Good response from the line and plenty of power.You have to drive one to know.

Great Towing Truck

by from Morgan Hill California on October 5, 2012

I purchased a used 2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD - SLE specifically for towing a heavy (!5,000 lb) 36 ft fifth-wheel trailer. I could not be more pleased with this vehicle! The 6.6 L Duramax diesel/ Allison transmission combination is awsome, providing excellent towing characteristics on even 10 + percent mountain grades. The special towing setting with transmission-braking system is excellent, providing great down-hill speed control without the need to ride the brakes. Driving comfort is excellent & fuel consumption when towing is acceptable at 12.7 mpg,considering a TGVW of 25,000 lb. Outstanding American product! GMC can take pride in this extremely well engineered, well built machine. It definitely out-performs so-called competing products from Ford & Dodge. I pass them regularly, as they grind up mountain grades hauling much smaller trailers than mine.

Best Buy

by from Western, PA on February 13, 2012

Real simple, best truck I ever owned. Almost 90000 miles in 4.5 years, and only had to replace plug wires. Normal wear and tear; 2 sets of brakes and tires, oil changes, wipers and a battery. Pulled 6500lb. trailer daily, never failed, got 9mpg city and 15 hwy w/trailer. Averaged 20mpg @ 72mph hwy w/o towing. Replaced with newer same style GMC 2500HD.

Best Truck on the Market

by from La Quinta, CA on May 8, 2014

I've owned two 2500 series trucks with the Duramax/Allison combo and I have never had 1 issue with either. I traded the first truck in with 70K miles and the trade-in price was incredible. These diesels hold their value, and I've heard nothing but positive experiences from friends who own similar rides. Can't say enough good things about this truck. GM hit this one out of the park.

2007 GMC Sierra

by from league city TX on April 16, 2012

Bought this used to pull a new T/T I bought. Noticed when I test drove it that the shifts were not very smooth, but disrtegarded it for some reason. So long story short after a couple tows I realized something was not right and 2700 bucks later had a rebuilt transmission due to torque converter failure. Other than that it does everything I need it to do. Average mileage is 15 mpg. Pulls a 6500 lb. trailer very easily. Very comfortable for a 3/4 ton 4x4.

Uses car for Towing

had better and seen better bought because of price

by from New London, Wisconsin on August 18, 2012

VECHIEL IS GOOD BUT THE DEALER WAS NOT THE BEST AND THE SERVICES WAS TERRIBLE. NEVER BUY FROM THAT DEALER AGAIN

Never Again

by from on September 8, 2011

I bought this truck with 80,000 miles on it and it gave me nothing but troubles i got 9 miles to the gallon by the way for a newer truck i was extreamly suprised