2008 Gmc Sierra 2500

Rugged Piece of Metal (6.0 Gas Vortec)

by from Texas/Louisiana on February 8, 2015

This truly feels and behaves like a work truck. It's rugged, tough looking, bounces and creeks, has an awful ride quality and is loud. I loved it, however the transmission gave me problems. Found out lots of mid 2000s gm 6 speed automatics need lots of repairs. Was sad to get rid of it. Definitely recommend the diesel version. If you're going to invest in the gas vortec engine, compare with competitors first, just in case. There's fierce competition out there. My engine, interior, capability, and truck body was great. Definitely disappointed about the transmission. Would I recommend the gas version? No Diesel version? Yes

Best Truck I've Owned

by from Schwenksville Pa. on June 22, 2013

A 2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500 HD 4WD fully loaded in great shape. I have people telling me they thought it was new. Runs great!!!!

Great One Owner Truck

by from Jackson, MS on March 28, 2012

Please note that this is a one owner truck. I refianced in 2010 with my credit union after paying off the loan previously. This makes it look as if I sold the truck, which is not the case. The truck is listed as commercial because my rental property business payed the note on the truck. I am the owner & driver of the truck since its original purchase. I can show proof of this if needed. Thanks, David

Gas mpg is awful!!!!

by from Prichard WV on September 10, 2017

It's absolutely ridiculous that in 1985 with a carbureted 3/4 ton truck, I got better fuel mileage than the last two trucks with a 6.0 engine I've owned. they're super reliable, drives awesome, hauls well but, 9 - 12 miles per gallon is ridiculous with the extra technology that they are putting in the vehicles today. Why are we spending so much money for trucks and not getting any more value then we did 30 years ago

260k miles and counting

by from McKinney, TX on August 9, 2017

This truck has been great. It is the 6.0 gas model with 260k miles. Still runs fantastic and pulls great. It does ride like a 2500 where it's a bit bumpy when there is no weight in the bed but when there is a load it rides like a caddy!

Uses car for Towing