1991 Gmc Sonoma

Defective Factory Paint job 1991 Sonoma pickup

by from Biloxi, MS on May 31, 2011

Bought 1991 1/2 ton Sonoma pickup truck in Aug 1990. A few years later, paint started peeling and blowing off vehicle. One time I had to turn wipers on to clear window of paint debris. I have been told that there was a recall on that vehicle's paint job, and though we were totally under the dealer's maintenance from time of purchase until about 2006, DURING WHICH TIME THE PAINT RECALL WAS APPARENTLY IN EFFECT, they made NO mention of it. Though 21 years have passed since date of purchase, we feel the company or dealer should honor the defective factory paint job, and repaint our vehicle. In the present exterior condition, it is an embarrassment to GMC, but with - what we feel is due us - a new paint job would speak well of the endurance of this GMC product. One GMC could be proud for the public to see on the road! We are still driving this vehicle. It ha required a minimum of repair/normal maintenance, it is almost rusted out on the hood and qround the windshield.

Our Expert Review: 1991 Gmc Sonoma