NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2010 Terrain

2010 GMC Terrain

2010 GMC Terrain

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2010 GMC Terrain?

The Coolest and most reliable car ive purchased

by Beloit Basher from South Beloit, IL on Tue Nov 30 2010

The car has been fantastic. It gets good gas mileage. The inside and upgrades that come standard are unbelievable. This car will not disappoint.

GREAT VEHICLE

by RLH IN VA from Churchville, Virginia on Sun Dec 05 2010

Excellent vehicle! GMC has created a winner! Our gas mileage has been quite good - we have not taken it on a trip but consistantly get 22 to 23 MPG around the local area with the V6 engine. The interior is well appointed, seats are quite comfortable and we have not found a single thing in or on the car that has caused a problem. We currently have almost 5000 miles on our Terrain and simply love everthing about the vehicle. All of the safety features combined with On Star gives us a great deal of comfort while driving our Terrain. The quality of the workmanship is excellent - great suv, reasonably priced for all of the features that are standard - a great value and fun to drive!

Recent purchase

by Crime dog from Sumter, South Carolina on Sun Jan 13 2013

In December, I started looking for a reliable used GMC terrain. This was the first time using Cars.com. I could not be happier with my decision. The choices presented to me were within the criteria I requested. The choices were well detailed. Through cars.com, I am now the proud owner of a 2010 GMC Terrain.

Great vehicle for what it is!

by WI-Terrain from Southeastern Wisconsin on Tue Aug 03 2010

I'm a tough critic and have been very please with this CUV (car, truck, SUV, crossover?). Excellent styling inside and out, fantastic handling, great mpg for its size/weight, and a good value for the money. I am averaging about 24 MPG overall so far at 3k miles with the I4 AWD and that is probably 70% interstate coomuting and 30% mixed city/suburban driving. My other vehicle is a Tahoe and the Terrain is very different from the standpoint of how it uses its HP based on the fuel saving 6 speed transmission, but that is to be expected. The Terrain hesitates more when you punch the gas. I appreciate the change from about 15.5 avg MPG commuting in the Tahoe vs. the 24 MPG avg I am getting now and I understand that my MPG should improve a bit as the new engine gets broken in. I test drove a couple Ford Escapes and the Terrain is definitely superior, even for the extra cost. I have had no problems with it yet, but my fingers are crossed of course since it is the first model year for this new vehicle.

Don't ever buy the first model year

by skfc from Greenville SC on Thu Oct 11 2018

I really loved the look of the Terrain when it was first introduced, and I made up my mind to get one. Big mistake, to buy the first model year, and one I will not make again. Although the vehicle was fairly comfortable - especially as a brand new car - and had some nice features, one mistake I made was to allow the dealer to convince me to get the 4-cylinder engine, because he said I'd get the best gas mileage with it. I haven't gotten nearly the gas mileage I was told I would. I suspect that is because the 4-cylinder engine is not strong enough to move the vehicle easily, so it puts a strain on the engine and eats up the mileage. I lost count of all the letters I got from GMC, informing me that there had been a problem and they were issuing a recall - but "don't bring your car in unless you have a reason to believe that it has this problem" which was great. Except they never would give any indicators to help you decide if you were having a problem or not. I guess if your steering wheel breaks off in your hands you have a problem, but unless you have a reason to believe it might happen and you bring your car in, they would charge you just to look at it and tell you that yours wasn't recalled? My car was constantly making a funny noise, which a guy at one of the oil change places asked me about, because he knew that the Terrains were famous for it, and even HE told me that GMC had NO CLUE what causes it and can't fix it. The radio screen has some sort of a problem - you want to know how I know? Because for no apparent reason, it will suddenly turn completely RED, so that you can't read anything on it. Don't worry, it fades back eventually. Service guys told me they had never seen anything like that and didn't have a clue what might be causing it. And obviously didn't care to try to find out and fix it, because they never even looked at it. It still happens. I don't know if they have resolved any of the many issues that occurred with this model, but I don't intend to find out. I'm switching to a totally different brand and will never buy another GMC.

Does not recommend this car!!

Gave it too many chances

by Momela from Great Falls, MT on Mon Jan 09 2017

It was used but I loved the look. Was looking for better gas mileage than my 6 cylinder but was not any better. A Christmas visit turned in to needing a new transfer case with 74000 miles. A few thousand miles later needed a new timing chain. There was a factory letter concerned with oil consumption, I now have a rebuilt engine with 77000 miles. The seatbelt indicator quit working, $250 to fix it. Never ending. Car scares me.

Does not recommend this car!!

Well Balanced

by Truck Driver from NJ on Sat Feb 16 2013

This vehicle has everything that my wife liked. It is a good all around vehicle. You can't beat the V6 and the All wheel drive!

Love the Terrain

by Pgill from Fremont, Ohio on Sun Feb 24 2013

The Terrain is comfortable, stylish and well-equipped! I did have to have a High Pressure Fuel Pump replaced on it after 39000 miles but it was covered under warranty and have had no problems since. I drive the 4 cyl. and in my opinion it does a nice job. Customer Service can't be beat. I would buy another!

Terrain

by Dale from Westland, MI on Mon Jun 24 2013

The Terrain SLT AWD is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. It performs flawlessly, with plenty of power from the 3.0 V6. Overall, I am very satisfies with my purchase of the 2010 Terrain.

Best Crossover to date

by reado from IL on Fri Nov 05 2010

I love this vehicle, everything about it except I'm not a GREAT fan of the 4 cylinder, only because I was so used to a 6 cylinder prior, and the shifting just isn't as smooth. Pricing is great, even the lowest package has alot of options.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2010 GMC Terrain

It should come as little surprise that the new GMC Terrain, a corporate twin to the redesigned Chevrolet Equinox, retains most of its sibling's strengths and weaknesses. The wild card — or, more appropriately, the elephant in the design studio — is the Terrain's styling. If it works for you, the Terrain is every bit as competitive as the Equinox. One caveat, however: Unless you need the towing capacity, avoid the V-6. The Terrain shows its best colors in four-cylinder form.

In ascending order, trim levels include the SLE1, SLE2, SLT1 and SLT2. All four come standard with the four-cylinder engine and front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is optional on any trim, and the V-6... Read More