2010 Terrain

2010 GMC Terrain

2010 GMC Terrain

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2010 GMC Terrain?

Recent purchase

by Crime dog from Sumter, South Carolina on Sun Jan 13 2013

In December, I started looking for a reliable used GMC terrain. This was the first time using Cars.com. I could not be happier with my decision. The choices presented to me were within the criteria I requested. The choices were well detailed. Through cars.com, I am now the proud owner of a 2010 GMC Terrain.

GREAT VEHICLE

by RLH IN VA from Churchville, Virginia on Sun Dec 05 2010

Excellent vehicle! GMC has created a winner! Our gas mileage has been quite good - we have not taken it on a trip but consistantly get 22 to 23 MPG around the local area with the V6 engine. The interior is well appointed, seats are quite comfortable and we have not found a single thing in or on the car that has caused a problem. We currently have almost 5000 miles on our Terrain and simply love everthing about the vehicle. All of the safety features combined with On Star gives us a great deal of comfort while driving our Terrain. The quality of the workmanship is excellent - great suv, reasonably priced for all of the features that are standard - a great value and fun to drive!

The Coolest and most reliable car ive purchased

by Beloit Basher from South Beloit, IL on Tue Nov 30 2010

The car has been fantastic. It gets good gas mileage. The inside and upgrades that come standard are unbelievable. This car will not disappoint.

Great vehicle for what it is!

by WI-Terrain from Southeastern Wisconsin on Tue Aug 03 2010

I'm a tough critic and have been very please with this CUV (car, truck, SUV, crossover?). Excellent styling inside and out, fantastic handling, great mpg for its size/weight, and a good value for the money. I am averaging about 24 MPG overall so far at 3k miles with the I4 AWD and that is probably 70% interstate coomuting and 30% mixed city/suburban driving. My other vehicle is a Tahoe and the Terrain is very different from the standpoint of how it uses its HP based on the fuel saving 6 speed transmission, but that is to be expected. The Terrain hesitates more when you punch the gas. I appreciate the change from about 15.5 avg MPG commuting in the Tahoe vs. the 24 MPG avg I am getting now and I understand that my MPG should improve a bit as the new engine gets broken in. I test drove a couple Ford Escapes and the Terrain is definitely superior, even for the extra cost. I have had no problems with it yet, but my fingers are crossed of course since it is the first model year for this new vehicle.

Best Crossover to date

by reado from IL on Fri Nov 05 2010

I love this vehicle, everything about it except I'm not a GREAT fan of the 4 cylinder, only because I was so used to a 6 cylinder prior, and the shifting just isn't as smooth. Pricing is great, even the lowest package has alot of options.

Well Balanced

by Truck Driver from NJ on Sat Feb 16 2013

This vehicle has everything that my wife liked. It is a good all around vehicle. You can't beat the V6 and the All wheel drive!

Gave it too many chances

by Momela from Great Falls, MT on Mon Jan 09 2017

It was used but I loved the look. Was looking for better gas mileage than my 6 cylinder but was not any better. A Christmas visit turned in to needing a new transfer case with 74000 miles. A few thousand miles later needed a new timing chain. There was a factory letter concerned with oil consumption, I now have a rebuilt engine with 77000 miles. The seatbelt indicator quit working, $250 to fix it. Never ending. Car scares me.

Does not recommend this car!!

Terrain

by Dale from Westland, MI on Mon Jun 24 2013

The Terrain SLT AWD is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. It performs flawlessly, with plenty of power from the 3.0 V6. Overall, I am very satisfies with my purchase of the 2010 Terrain.

Love the Terrain

by Pgill from Fremont, Ohio on Sun Feb 24 2013

The Terrain is comfortable, stylish and well-equipped! I did have to have a High Pressure Fuel Pump replaced on it after 39000 miles but it was covered under warranty and have had no problems since. I drive the 4 cyl. and in my opinion it does a nice job. Customer Service can't be beat. I would buy another!

First GMC product that ever owned

by JP from League City, Texas on Wed Nov 04 2009

I have had the Terrain about Three weeks and love the car. The exterior styling is great and the interior about the same although I had trouble tryint to figure out on how to work all the instruments. Gas milage seems good but Three weeks is not enough time to evaluate this area. I have had one minor problem with humming noise or a vibration noise. Some far GM has not resolved the problem but the dealer is going to try some exaust adjustments to see if the problem. Price for this type car is around average on what I was shopping for.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2010 GMC Terrain

It should come as little surprise that the new GMC Terrain, a corporate twin to the redesigned Chevrolet Equinox, retains most of its sibling's strengths and weaknesses. The wild card — or, more appropriately, the elephant in the design studio — is the Terrain's styling. If it works for you, the Terrain is every bit as competitive as the Equinox. One caveat, however: Unless you need the towing capacity, avoid the V-6. The Terrain shows its best colors in four-cylinder form.

In ascending order, trim levels include the SLE1, SLE2, SLT1 and SLT2. All four come standard with the four-cylinder engine and front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is optional on any trim, and the V-6 is optional on... Read More