2000 Yukon XL

2000 GMC Yukon XL

$411 - $7,415  MSRP Range
2000 GMC Yukon XL

4.5

Have You Driven the 2000 GMC Yukon XL?

K2500 Owned for Fifteen Years Excellent Vehicle

by Steve from Wichita, KS on Fri Apr 17 2015

We ordered this Yukon XL new in early 2000 and have continued to own it for fifteen years now. It does a great job towing our 34' Airstream Travel Trailer. It is a very comfortable vehicle for up to eight adults. You can easily haul 4X8 sheet goods or most anything else with the rear seat removed and the center seat folded flat. We've had very little trouble with it. The transmission was rebuilt in 2013. The A/C compressor was replaced in 2010. Somewhat underpowered in stock form. I've added some performance improving equipment and that's much better. Ride is not as compliant as a 1500 model as it has leaf springs in the rear and is fairly stiffly sprung in general as it is a 3/4 ton model. Overall a great vehicle!

2000 Yukon XL + Me= Smiley face

by GMC Lover from wisconsin on Mon Dec 05 2011

I love this car. We bought a new 2000 Yukon XL, back in 2000(Obviously). We have loved this car. we still have it with over 200,000 on it. It has a great ride and it is very comfortable. I would recommend this car to anyone. We have had few problems in 11 years and when we do they are always inexpensive. This car does great in collisions (Rear-ended and hit a deer)This is a great car!

best suv ever

by car junkie from Phoenix Az on Mon Sep 05 2011

i drove our yukon lx off the lot in 2000 and haven't looked back. I just turned over 218,000 mile with out a problem. This suv has been a real blessing to our family. my wife was religious about changing the oil. the lx is loaded with 4x4 and other up grades. my plans are to purchase another 2000 lx for parts and replace as necessary. If i could go back in time and buy two more i would

Great Large Vehicle

by Phil from Detroit, MI on Sun Jun 22 2008

This is the perfect vehicle for me and my large family - six children, one of which has special needs. It's comfortable and well-appointed, rides and handles well, and has ample room and storage. It tows great, too. My only complaint was that it was a little underpowered and the gas mileage was poor (13 mpg), but a $30 power chip improved both of those concerns (300+ hp, 18 mpg). I'm a big man - 6' 2", 210# - and this vehicle fits me great. I highly recommend it.

The WORST suv I've owned

by construction forman from scranton, PA on Thu Dec 06 2007

Well for starters. If you want the best advise for is GMC. Don't buy one stay far away from a 2000 yukon. They are the true meaning of a lemon. Electronical system is terrible, motor and drivetrain is very poor and unreliable. But it is a very comfortable interior to wait for tow truck in. And it has very nice nice looking exterior styling. So if you plan on never driving this vehicle any were it's perfict for you. that about all I can say about this.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great vehicle, always reliable and great for towin

by Snowmobiling Eagles Fan from Penns Grove, N.J. on Sun Sep 30 2018

Great all around vehicle for family transport, vacations, and towing boats and snowmobile trailers. Plenty of room and great under tow or not. Would buy again or a newer one

Uses car for Towing

Our Take on the 2000 GMC Yukon XL

GMC has been making earnest noises about differentiating the Yukon and Yukon XL from their Chevy roommates, the Tahoe and Suburban. But so far, that effort has amounted to slight cosmetic differences. What we're left with, finally, is two General Motors Corp. divisions selling the same lucrative and excellent vehicle.

My previous weeklong testing of the recently redesigned Suburban/Yukon XL ute had been limited to the 1500 series. The 1500, or half-ton, model is the one most people buy. It rides well and delivers a generous amount of power, payload and towing ability.

But this time, I tested the beastie boy: the Yukon XL 2500, or three-quarter-ton model.

The 2500 is for people with serious hauling... Read More