2003 Yukon XL

2003 GMC Yukon XL

$541 - $12,157  MSRP Range
2003 GMC Yukon XL

4.5

Have You Driven the 2003 GMC Yukon XL?

2003 Yukon XL SLT Plus

by Family man and boat owner from Dallas, TX on Fri Feb 13 2009

Basically, I needed a vehicle that could do it all... tow, seat 6-7 people comfortably and still have enough space for their luggage. The 2003 Yukon XL is comfortable and easy to drive. I even found turning and parking to be easier than previous GMC vehicles I have owned. Fuel economy is very good good considering the size/weight of the vehicle. Case in point, my wife's Ford Escape 3.0 v6 4x4 averages 18.5 and our Yukon XL 5.3 v8 4x4 gets around 17!

Lola is a dream come true

by No mini-vans allowed.... from Londonderry, NH on Sun Sep 16 2012

My fiance and I had been looking for a large SUV for quite some time. We had it narrowed down to either a Chevy Suburban or GMC Yukon XL. Both are made by the same people with few noticeable differences. We were extremely fortunate to be the first to find the Yukon XL Denali we found. It is a 2003 and it had just under 65,000 miles on it with an extraordinary CarFax report. We got a good number for it and bought it. She has been a dream come true. I only say a 4 out of 5 for value for the money because the gas is brutal but that should be expected. It costs me $120-$130 to fill and I do that every 10-14 days because this is just for whoever has our 2 little kids. This vehicle is perfect for people with growing families and I truly don't know how you can fit everything in a normal size SUV. Go big or go home. The Denali is gorgeous and everything we need it to be! Would make the same deal a 100 times over.

2003 GMC Yukon XL 4 towing and going

by tmaxdrive from W.PA on Mon Dec 29 2014

I found the old school bench seat I was looking for and a tow package with electric brakes. The truck does everything I need it to do and it does it well. MPG a little rough (14 in winter) but you get alot of pulling power for the MPG

Uses car for Towing

very reliabel

by Becki and Dan from Fort Wayne on Mon May 29 2017

This is the 2nd yukon we have owned. we love this truck. great for rad trips with the family. Makes vacation easier.

Love this SUV

by Yukonfan from Park Ridge, IL on Fri May 19 2017

Great design, hauls and fits everything: people, luggage, shopping, etc... 4WD through bad weather, take everyone on vacation, looks good too!

Excellent Vehicle - Recommend Highly

by Sand Wedge from New Jersey on Tue Mar 01 2011

This vehicle has been in service since Dec 2008 and currently has 296,000 Miles. Truck has been the epitome of Dependability. Outside of Routine Maintenance - Oil Changes every 3,000 miles - Truck has been Trouble Free. A true joy to own and drive. Goes in any kind of weather. GREAT RIDE, Super Comfortable, The most dependable vehicle that I have ever owned.

A MUST HAVE

by SOULJAH from DETROIT on Wed Sep 08 2010

What MORE could a REAL MAN want in aTRUCK? Can You DIG IT! It is soooooooo spacious that I find myself not feelin so bad when I and my signifigant other have a difference of opinion, I just go hop in my TRUCK and I am OUT! YA DIG?

Love my Yukon

by WAITED SO LONG from DALLAS,TX on Sun Aug 27 2006

The 2003 Yukon is a great suv for style and comfort. However, it is not a family car. There is no storage space in this suv and the fold up rear seat is so heavy you have to be a weight lifter to move it. If you want flat floor space , there is none. The bucket seats do not move backk and forth and do not recline well. The milage is really bad in this day of upped gas prices. The interior is done very well but does not keep out the road noise ( it is very loud ). So I guess all I can say is if you are a childless couple and you like style then this is the suv for you.

This is a All Wheel Drive powerhouse fun to Drive

by etk from radcliffe, IA on Mon Sep 18 2017

The Yukon XL is incredibly spacious- especially for passengers in the back rows. I have driven on plenty of icy roads and this vehicle has never disappointed me in handling and plowing through snow. Features are the latest that was available in 2003.

No Problems

by Christian from California on Sun Aug 20 2017

We have owned this car since 2003, bought it new, take care of it and it will take care of you. We had the same brake pads for 12 years, still went strong. Never broke down, extreme comfort, lots of room, drive it for an annual 1,000 mile trip twice a year, no problems. This thing can tow no problem, had a 30 foot trailer behind it for 4 years. Extremely reliable, lots of power, if you own it, you know, the moment you get it you will never get rid of it, it's a workhorse with over 200,000 miles. Bought it in 2003, purchased for 40,000 base model, and it was worth every penny, haven't bought a new car since, now a days for 10,000, it;s too good of a deal for anyone to pass up, the good old GMC.

1 2

Our Take on the 2003 GMC Yukon XL

You've heard the phrase, "Time is money." Well, it truly is cold cash and lots of time when you stand outside on a bitter New Hampshire morning pumping gasoline into the near-empty, 36.9-gallon tank of a 2003 GMC Yukon XL. That's many minutes of time and more than $50 -- and we're not even talking premium gasoline.

I know I have some readers confused about where I stand on big SUVs. He hates 'em. No, he loves 'em. In fact, I think they have their place when used properly. I think they are wasteful beasts when used as single and even two-person commuter cars. But after several days in the new Yukon -- a fine, luxurious version of massive SUV -- it dawned on me that maybe it is time for builders... Read More