2007 Yukon XL

2007 GMC Yukon XL

2007 GMC Yukon XL

Have you driven the 2007 GMC Yukon XL?

Best tow SUV available

by Trailer tower from NC on Mon Nov 14 2011

I bought this Yukon XL Denali for towing And long family trips. The comfort and ride are unsurpassed And the power for towing is awesome. I replaced a Suburban which had served me well, but was not up to the demands of a larger horse trailer being towed in the mountains of NC. Not only is the power their when needed but the transmission in "tow haul" mode makes downhill descents a non-issue.

Uses car for Towing

New Yukon XL Denali Owner

by Former Expedition Owner from Charlotte NC on Mon Apr 08 2013

Finally traded my 99 Expedition with 281K miles (engine #2) for a 2007 Yukon XL Denali. Wow! What a difference! The Denali is simply a dream. Leather. Power everything and actual POWER to spare. Kids love DVD player. Wife and I love the comfort overall and the split temperature controls. Mileage is running between 15.5 and 16/ gallon and that's in stop and go traffic. Haven't given it an interstate run yet. This is at least what I was getting in the Expedition so it's no big surprise. Had an Explorer for 5 years and an Expedition for 13 years and they were okay but this Yukon is simply head and shoulders above them. If you are considering a really fine SUV you can't go wrong with the Denali 1500 XL.

Great vehicle for large family

by Jayhawk Fan from Overland Park, KS on Thu Oct 18 2007

We have four small children and needed room behind the third row for a stroller. That was the problem with a lot of other SUV's with a third row was they had no space behind them. We have been extremely happy with our decision after weeks of comparison shopping. The only thing I would change would be for the second row captain chairs to slide front and back and also be completely removed if needed.

Great Vehicle for the Family

by mossmissle from Cincinnati, OH on Fri Jun 11 2010

We recently got rid of the denali because our lease had expired but this was a great truck. Tons of power, lots of room, great all the way around. We now have an Escalade which is basically the same truck minus a few bells and whistles. Not sure the cadillac is worth the 13K+ more that the Yukon. I would save your money and go for the Denali...you wont be disapointed.

Former Toyota Owner

by Dave from Muncie, IN on Thu Mar 28 2013

I was looking for an SUV with 3rd row, but at the same time I wanted an SUV that was a truck. So, I passed on the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander. I also wanted something big with space behind the 3rd row (that's more than 10 inches). I don't have a long commute, so not really worried about mpg. I was looking at the Toyota Sequoia (which I owned at one time) or something else. I'm not a GM fan, however, I left my options open. So, I checked out the '07 Yukon XL. It took me 2 minutes on the test drive to decide to buy it. It's awesome. Plenty of room in the back, great interior, comfortable seats, and all the options that I need. It's a little slow on the takeoff, but cruises very nice on the interstate. I'm surprised that I didn't buy a Toyota, but I saved about $10K compared to a used '08 Sequioa. I just love this truck. If you are thinking about a Denali....you might be wasting your money. I test drove 1 for a couple of days. I don't think it's worth the extra money and I didn't like the issues they have been having with the suspension. Hope this helps you decide on your next vehicle.

Good truck

by nascar 1 from Long island ny on Tue Dec 23 2008

We bought our 07 yukon xl sle in august of 06.our firs 20 thousand miles with our new truck went by without any problems.at 23000 the transmission went out on the truck . The dealer sent a tow truck and they fixed it free of charge.the truck now has 45000 miles on it and is running fine . we tow with it some times and it handels the load with no problems.

Great So Far

by Guru from Brainerd, MN on Mon Dec 05 2011

I bought this 2007 Yukon XL 2 months ago and am very happy with the purchase. It rides like a dream and is very quiet. It's easily the best vehicle I've ever driven in snow and has some serious power when you need it. I had read some reports of these vehicles being oil guzzlers or having cheap interior but I've not had a problem. The only issues I have are with the gas mileage- I knew what I was getting into but it's still a hard pill to swallow. And the black cloth interior is hard to keep clean.

My 2nd GMC Yukon XL owned (+ 2 Suburbans)

by Repeat buyer from Sierra Madre, CA on Mon Apr 30 2012

Fantastic value for the money on the used market! Great styling and interior comfort and ergonomics, and reliability experience has been positive (I have also owned '05 GMC Yukon XL Denali and a couple of Chev Suburbans).

great ride

by eliz114 from CANFIELD OHIO on Tue Mar 22 2011

I LOVE ALL THE FEATURES IT IS A TOP OF THE LINE CAR IT RIDES GREAT EVEN WITH ALL THE WINTER POTHOLES ON THE ROADS AND MY KIDS LOVE IT TOO WITH ALL THE ROOM.

Most powerfu vehicle I have ever owned

by Zo, the mad car hunter.... from Pittsburgh pa. on Tue Jan 02 2007

The Yukon Denali is an awesome vehicle with one minor hiccup. The transmission is not as smooth as it is being sold to be. There are many tranny clunks when going downhill and also accelerating at slow speeds. Overall, the vehicle is a winner though.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2007 GMC Yukon XL

Usually I have to restrain myself when packing the car to go on vacation, especially since I seem to be allotted less and less space with each additional child. (I make it sound like I've got a whole clan; actually I only have two). Between the pack-n-play, the stroller, the kiddie backpack and all the other rubbish, there's usually very little space left for me. But not so this weekend; as I pack for a ladies-only holiday sans kidlets, the Yukon XL allows me to indulge in a former bad habit: overpacking. Why only bring two pair of shoes when I can easily get away with four? I couldn't possibly deprive myself of the sassy girly shoes, the comfy driving slip-ons, the sneakers ... oh, and, of course, my... Read More