2016 GMC Yukon XL consumer reviews

side view of 2016 Yukon XL GMC
Explore the 2016 Yukon XL GMC
Shop the 2016 Yukon XL GMC

Great SUV

I love the Yukon. It needs a few censors changed out but it drives so smooth. Very glad we made the choice to purchase it

2.9

Not worth the price you pay

If it weren’t for the size of the car meeting the needs of our family size, I would not own this Yukon. I would have kept my previous Toyota SUV.

Seriously, What's not to LOVE!

I perviously owned a 2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali. I put 320,000+ miles on it and it still runs fine. Therefore it was not much of a decision on what I was going to buy next. BUT this 2016 Denali exceeded all my expectations. I am amazed at all the features every time I drive it. Yes it is a BIG SUV and if you want or need one this one is more than a pleasure it is a joy to drive and also to ride in. I constantly get compliments on the ride, comfort and features.

3.6

Known Transmission Problem

Transmission has known issue, GM won't fix. Transmission bucks between 2nd and 3rd gears, dealer says GM reports this as normal and within specs. Fells as if someone bumped the car from behind and jolts the car forward, this is not normal. Roof leaks at shark fin antennae. Brake lights stop working, $700 replacement cost.

Most comfortable car I’ve owned

It has 5 USB ports. It has 3rd row seats so it will be very ideal for a family with kids. It has so much leg room. Runs like a new car.

True Luxury

Extremely comfortable for the entire family. Very quiet for an SUV. Black exterior and charcoal interior, very classy and roomy. Superior quality all around. Fantastic performance, great towing capability.

Safest and most comfortable car ever!

Got in a horrible wreck in my last Yukon XL and hope I don’t ever have to drive anything else! Everything worked like it should and we miraculously all lived with no major injuries when the extent of the wreck was very extreme.

Best car I’ve ever owned

This car has everything I could need. Very comfortable inside with tons of room for car seats and dogs while still having plenty of storage. Drives like a dream and has all of the extra safety features!

Reliable

Perfect fit for when I have 6 of my grandchildren with me and storage is great having to transport a baby stroller and my husband Walker and have groceries. The only problem is we sometimes smell strong odor of gas. But there isn't a recall for it. We taking it in just as soon as we can get my second car running .

Best family SUV

SUV is luxury and great for families. Great in bad weather, lots of cargo space in back, very smooth to drive! I have owned 3 of these!