2004 Accord

2004 Honda Accord

2004 Honda Accord

Have you driven the 2004 Honda Accord?

Great Car from every aspect.

by Gavin from Cincinnati, OH on Tue Feb 15 2011

I bought a 2004 Honda Accord EX V6 with Leather Interior. I must say I am pretty blown away by Honda's reliability and craftsmanship that they put in their vehicles. The car had around 58,000 miles off the lot and felt like a brand new car. The 240 HP V6 offers great mid range acceleration when you need it best on the highway. The leather seems to have held up at the same rate as an Acura over the years. Since buying the car I've only needed to replace a pully that was squeeling and gotten an oil change. The car is currently at 61,000 miles and I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off which could very well be 40 years from now. In short, buy an accord, it's THE most reliable car on the road, simply put.

Honda Accord EX V6

by old fuddy buddy from Boca RAton, Fla on Sat Jan 30 2010

All I do is keep it serviced according to the book and put gas in it. It is the most reliable car I have ever owned in some 54 years.

Great car in so many ways, let's down in a few.

by Kartboarder22 from Otsego, MN on Mon Jan 09 2012

Pros. - 6 speed manual - good gas mileage with a V6 and manual - Awesome looking interior with black leather, and carbon fiber in the doors and other areas of the interior. - 0-60 of the V6, 6speed manual is rated around 6 sec. Impressive for a 3.0 litre V6. - After 3500 miles and basic oil, oil is tainted brown just a little and oil reads to the level it was filled at full, I have 106,000 miles on the car! - When you are easy on the car you feel like you are getting good gas mileage, when you stomp on it it growls and pulls! - Climate control is excellent on this car! - Sound is excellent on this car! - Seats are very comfortable! - Many more awesome things about this car to list. Some Cons: - FWD, sure great in the winter, but why doesn't Honda bring out an AWD version, that's my biggest question. - Exhaust, silenced, I think with a car where you have a V6 and a 6 speed manual, why can't I hear the exhaust some? Like an infinite? I seriously can only hear the exhaust when I go over 4k RPM and I think what I'm really hearing is the thing gulping for air at that point. - Also road noise is bad, I've been in many cars where the road noise doesn't come into the cabin as bad as this car. Further makes me know that the exhaust is really silent. - Lots of creaks of plastic materials rubbing and vibrating in the interior, took me years to get used to this. - Exterior is plain so it's not ugly but not outstanding either. Very simple look. - When it is is hot like 77F or higher the clutch has a weird feel, this feel doesn't effect performance at all though. Some people beleive this is the master cylinder, another thing I have just gotten used to. That's about it though, really outstanding car!

I Love It

by Mr Kush from Mira Loma CA. on Sun Apr 11 2010

Though I only have had car for about a month I totally love it. I got V6 and its very powerful and the response is great. It has 46,000 miles on it and still feels brand new. I get all over about 23 miles per gallon. Sound could be better but I listen to sports talk so no big deal to me. You will not regret buying a 2004 V6

Very Reliable Car

by Honda Lover from Nebraska on Fri Sep 17 2010

I love my Accord! It's the first car I've ever purchased on my own and do not regret it. When I get in my car everyday - I never worry about it breaking down. I do a lot of highway driving and it's comfortable and smooth on the road. Honda will be the only brand I ever own!

good car

by dadandthekids from Toronto Canada on Mon Jan 28 2013

iThe accord is a good car but the colour is off ,I have noticed that the hood the roof and the trunk lid are slightly different in coulor. This is noticable on all silver and light coloured accords. The engine developed a slight shutter and is only noticable with the brake applied and in drive. Otherwise it is a good car.

Best first car ever

by Honda lover from Rochester, NY on Mon Apr 20 2009

My parents bought a loaded Ex-V6 model in 04 and i complained because it was a boring choice, you see these cars everywhere. Well after 5 years, ive realized why the accord is selling like hotcakes! it is the best all around car- the v6 is powerful- u gotta learn to touch the gas lightly cuz when you hit it, it goes! its comfy for 5 , the leather is really luxurious and after 75000 miles it still drives and looks and feels like its brand new! the handling is great, but make sure your tires are all inflated correctly,i just checked and filled mine and the car is running unbelievably smooth now , what a difference! We keep it reg. maintained and it has had no major problems. Gas cap lock broke but thats no biggie. The seats are great looking and super comfortable on long trips and the seating position is excellent! the handling is perfect- comfy yet sporty! and love the road feel and steering wheel. easy to drive, controls are all great! I barely avoided a bad crash recently, but after doing some research i feel so confidant that my accord would keep me safe as it has top safety ratings, crumple zones, and front, side, and curtain airbags, not to mention nimble handling and decent brakes. The styling is conservative but i like it- its a classy car and i have a spoiler so i think it looks very sporty! Complaints are few- the stereo is weak- but sounds great for a basic unit! and i love the steering wheel controls and 6 disc changer, i just wish it had an aux jack. Mileage is so- so. I have a lead foot and i keep track of the mileage- in the winter i get around 18-20 around town and in the summer its more like 21-23. on the highway tho it easily gets 26 with my lead foot! im gonna see if it improves with properly inflated tires. Also in the winter the traction isnt the best, but itll get you where you need to go- watch the turns! I almost got snow tires but decided it wasnt worth $500. and i only wished i had them a handful of times. get a AAA membership instead. This car has completely spoiled me, its just perfect in everyway for a front drive car. favorite feature- press unlock on the key fob twice then hold it, u can roll down all the windows!! you have to roll them up with the key in the door lock tho. I would be happy to own this car for another 10 or more years- im sure it will hold up great!

Fun, Reliable, Best-Looking Car

by First Time Accord Owner from Seattle, WA on Tue Feb 06 2007

I test-drove '05 Camry and '04 Accord before deciding to go with Accord. At about the same price, Camry was a TCUV. Accord had lower mileage. I picked Accord because of its performance and Honda's reputation for reliability. Camrys might be quieter on the road, as you feel the road more with Accords. I am a first-time owner of Honda, so I wasn't used to the taut ride of Accord, but after a little while I got used to it and actually enjoy the car very much. Either Camry or Accord, however, you can't go wrong; just different cars for different people. Also, the interior is much nicer (even better than the new '07 Camry) and plenty of room in the front and in the back.

The best car I have owned.

by Samantha from Green Bay on Mon Aug 27 2018

This car is peppy, sleek, sexy, with plenty of room inside for myself and passengers, along with getting terrific gas mileage. It is silver, quiet, and runs as if it were brand new and it is 14 years old. This isn't the first Honda Accord my family has owned and it will not be the last!

this is the most reliable car I've ever had

by bigbossmanager from New Castle on Mon May 21 2018

great performance, reliable , very efficient and economic on the highway. This car was made for the long commute distance, maintenance cost is acceptable. New users should always pay attention to engine temperature and check the cooling water regularly, cause in case of overhitting, they may lose their engine completely.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11