2006 Accord

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

I Love The Car!!!!

by Belle from Vallejo, CA on November 28, 2009

Best car I've ever owned!I purchased the car Jan 2007 brand new(last 2006 on lot). I recently got into a car accident 2 days ago and this car saved my life. We hit the center divider at 70 mph after a drunk driver sped into our lane and the side curtain airbags busted open. None of the windows were broken and all of us had no injuries or even scratches! Today,we only have some bruises and some pain from hitting the door panels.My car did not flip over and it kept all of us protected. However, my car was considered totaled because the airbags went off and I am driving a rental car which cannot compare to my 2006 White Honda Accord SE. Prior to the accident, my car has been reliable,attractive, comfortable, smooth, and gas efficient. I travel over 80 miles per day for school and work. During the past 2 years I've owned the car, I only had to maintain the oils, fluid, tires and brakes. When I get my settlement from my insurance, I plan on getting the same exact model except that I want to get an EX-L because I want leather this time. I RECOMMEND THIS CAR TO EVERYONE because not only was it reliable and attractive, but it saved my life and two others.

best in class

by accord from so co on May 26, 2006

we were looking at the altima, camery, and accord. we test drove the the three of them each two times. the altima was a great looking car but its performace was easily the weakest amoung the three. it was close between the camery and accord. we gave the a slight edge to the accord in all the driving catagories but styling wise we were very turned off by the camery. the accord overall just drove better, looked better, and we felt most comfortable with it.

Very dependable and confortable car

by yosuperyo from Los Angeles, CA on February 18, 2010

I bought it used at 26K and since then drove 24K in one year. I have said it's a great commuter car as I drive 100 miles per day and with cruise control set at 68mph, I'm getting 36mpg during winter without AC and 31~32mpg during summer with AC on. It is very quite on freeway and very manuevable in the city. Good performance for a 4 cylinder engine, my friends who sat on the car thought it is a V6 becuase it is so quiet and powerful. With my previous Honda experience, I have no doubt this car will last at least 200K. Excellent bargain, I would not consider Civic anymore for the used price I paid for this Accord mainly due to confort, road noise, and gas mileage. Highly recommended for daily commuters!

Honda strikes again

by RayG from Astoria, NY on January 9, 2007

Purchased a 'new' '06 EX Accord leftover in November. First time we repeated manufacturers. After 5 trouble free years with the '01 CRV, we decided to go more 'adult' after being unimpressed with the new CRV styling. The Accord is a dream to drive with little or no fatigue after lengthy highway sessions- have to force myself to pull into a rest area. Handling is excellent without being too harsh- a plus here in NYC with our various road obstacles. Plenty of ooomph when needed and still exceeds the mileage estimates on the sticker. Interior appointment give a more upscale look and fit and finish are top notch- as usual for Honda. One or two demerits, though. The 'throttle-by-wire' system could have a bit more 'feel' to it. I find myself creeping up over 80mph on the highway without realizing it. Yes, cruise control can fix that, but here in NYC you can't always use that feature in our traffic. A split rear fold down seat would be more practical than the whole width folding seat currently installed. Oh, and what happened to the keyhole for the trunk? This has me going nuts. IF the battery in the fob goes out, you still have to open the door, release the trunk, and then put your stuff in. A bit awkward if your hands are semi-full. Minor stuff, sure, but one of those annoying things car makers do to save what, $2? Overall- I think we made an excellent choice and will probably "Go for 3" the next time around.

I will never own anything other than a Honda again

by Honda4Life from Columbus, Ohio on July 9, 2009

I recently purchased my 2006 Honda Accord SE with 38,000 miles right out of college. I am far from having buyers remorse, I LOVE my car. I drive very conservatively so I get around 34-35 mpg!!! It is a very quiet and smooth ride. Every reason I purchased a Honda is coming to reality... Reliable, good MPG, Sleek and simple yet economical design.

Loving my Honda!

by Anna and Roman's mom from Knoxville on September 13, 2011

Back in April, the transmission went out on my 1999 Toyota Camry. I knew I had to get a new car because the cost to repair was more than my car was valued at. Immediately I started thinking back to the 1994 Honda Accord I used to own and I wanted to go back to Honda. I love the way they handle and the smooth ride. Luckily, the internet sales manager at a local dealership had just traded in his 2006 Honda Accord with only 43,500 miles. I love this car. It has plenty of room for my two kids in the back, yet sporty for a "mom mobile". I would recommend this Year/Make/Model to anyone looking for a reliable car and I guarantee, you will not be disappointed.

Best Car Ever

by White Wilma from Wichita, KS on May 16, 2013

My wife and I have always traded cars off pretty quickly, usually not keeping them for more than two years, if that long. We bought our 2006 Accord SE (White Wilma is her name) new and just haven't been able to part with her. I put about 30,000 miles per year on her for the first six years and in the past year my wife has been putting on 80 to 100 miles per day yet we still don't have any problems with her. We've had five different cars during the same time we've owned Wilma but she always sticks around long after they're gone. 220,000 miles now and all we've had to do is give her regular oil changes, one battery and two sets of tires. That's it, really!! We've finally put her up for sale as we have two other newer vehicles but it won't hurt our feelings if she doesn't sell. She's part of the family and truly is the best car we've ever owned.

Honda Accord V6

by BiswaHonda from Novi, MI on April 7, 2017

Loved this Car! Honda is the best! I am using this car for last 5 years and very satisfied with this car. Never had problem.

Like all Japanese cars, very reliable, well design

by A fair mechanic from Houston, TX on August 6, 2008

Love the car, first Honda ever bought, had toyotas before but like accord better than camry in 2006. Bought new. No problems, systems work like supposed to, still smells like new car 2 years later. 45k miles and still original tires with miles to go. Only change oil when told to. Getting 31 mpg. Buy it.

Most reliable car I?ve owned!!

by Bgarrett88 from Dallas, TX on June 13, 2018

I love this car! It has been so reliable. This was my second Honda and my next car will definitely be another Honda. I couldn?t imagine driving anything else.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11