Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2001 Civic

2001 Honda Civic

$774 - $6,042  MSRP Range
2001 Honda Civic

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2001 Honda Civic?

One of the best!

by Snowboarder777 from Springfield, MO on Mon Jun 18 2012

This standard 4 door is a dream. Start off with 40mpg on the highway, (42.4 if you hypermile), large amount of headroom (I'm over 6'1"), and a huge trunk for "stuff", this car is a dream to own and drive. And you can pick one up on cars.com for less than $5K. No brainer!!!

Amazing Vehicle!!

by First Stick Ever from Mississippi on Sat Jun 11 2011

I have the 2 door manual civic and I absolutely LOVE it!! There's really nothing at all bad to say about this car! It has a surprising amount of roominess and the power combined with amazing gas milage makes this the perfect car for me! I'm 16 and this is my first car, it's also the first stick shift I've ever driven, and I gotta say, VERY good first impression! It's amazingly fun to drive and the savings on gas are just incredible!

1st owner not the last honda

by Inch Worm from Ventura CA on Mon Jul 16 2012

I got his car as my very 1st from my mom. We've had it since day one and it's never had an issue. typical maintenance (timing belt tires etc ) but not necessary for the 1st 10 yrs. It was our family car for vacations and we could make it from home to Vegas (5 hrs) and home to my aunts (8 hrs) on one tank. Perfect teenager car or "soccer mom" car. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

GOOD CAR TO HAVE!

by LUCKY TO BE ALIVE from CHICAGO, IL on Fri Feb 13 2015

I recently survived a head on collision in this car (8-29-14) a 4DR EX. We had bought it in 2001 new. Would have kept it for life but this accident killed it. By the grace of God I lived. The SRS (airbag light) had been on a few years but my mechanic said the bags will still deploy in an accident. They did and while I suffered 11 broken ribs, collar bone, and ankle as well as multiple lacerations (glass breaking), the Civic did it's job a protected me until it's last breath. Got full value on it from my insurance company. The only issue I had was about 3 months before the accident had to put a new transmission in for 3k, but every way the car was perfect! Air, radio, CD all worked up until the accident. Had 135k on it.

Very reliable and can do so much with this car

by mkar90 from Miami, FL on Sun Jun 03 2012

Never had problems with this car. I fill this car $40 a week and that is that I work 35 minutes away from my home. I have had it for a year and was the best choice I have made

A Mixed Bag

by BigFish from Eastern PA on Sun Sep 24 2006

I broke the family mold when I bought the first Honda among 5 Toyotas. In all honesty, the Civic has been a mixed experience. The Good: Lots of features for the money, an excellent sound system, power everything (except for the front seat, grumble). Decent styling for an econobox, generally reliable, but see below ... Power train has a lot of torque yet actually delivers the promised 30-32 mpg while meeting ULEV specs. Roomy back seat and a generous trunk given the car's overall size. The Bad: Drives like a brick, even after replacing the OEM tires (twice!) Stability in wet weather is questionable, a concern I've heard from other Civic owners. I understand Honda revamped the front end for 2002, however. Overall reputation for reliability has been compromised by a failed power-steering unit at 37K miles; dealer insisted that the problem was caused by poorly-maintained local roads despite the fact that I'm a careful driver (granted, roads here are crummy) and that other owners have had similar failures. Would I buy another? My jury is still out.

Nice civic

by Curcer on Mon Apr 30 2018

I really liked the simple design of Civic: basic and met all my needs. I liked and still like Civic’s interior way better than Corolla. It was very fuel efficient except it was a bit squishy.

2001 CIVIC HX

by Dian noer from california on Thu Apr 28 2011

Gas saver, it's run about 32 to 36 MPG. Engine power is good. I bought this for my daughter n my regular commute, because the gas price is so crazy and decided to have small compact car that will save my pocket.

Everything I expected

by Geo from Ontario on Sat Feb 21 2009

I've owned a used 2001 Civic Si for 2 years now and the experience has been amazing. I've owned used american vehicles of the same class in the past and the civic is far superior in terms of reliability and gas mileage. I have had no issues with the car. The car is now at 135,000Km and although I'm looking to change into something newer it's so hard to let go of a car that has been so reliable. That and the fact that I regularly get 13.3 km's per liter (32mpg). Keep in mind, I'm talking about a honda civic here - not a lamborghini. The car is pretty quick in the 5spd but I imagine it lacks a bit of acceleration in the automatic. Also, the vehicle can get a bit uncomfortable for long trips - i.e. 3hrs plus.

good little car

by civil civic from pensacola, fl on Sat Nov 02 2013

I have enjoyed my civic. The only repairs I've had done are new catalytic converter and sensor. It requires little maintenence and is a great car!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2001 Honda Civic

The eco-terrorists have been busy all summer, setting fires to gas-hoggish sport-utility vehicles and sabotaging efforts to clone trees in the Pacific Northwest. We thought of them as we got behind the wheel of the 2001 Honda Civic HX coupe, which has earned a spot on the EPA's Top 10 fuel efficiency list.

The little affordable HX has a base price of $14,810. Our $16,438 test vehicle had a high-tech automatic transmission called a CVT (continuously variable transmission) and air conditioning, but not a lot of other extras. It gets 35 miles per gallon in city driving and up to 40 mpg on the highway,according to the EPA. So will the environmental crowd approve of the Civic HX?

She: I don't have a... Read More