2006 Civic

2006 Honda Civic

2006 Honda Civic

4.3

Have You Driven the 2006 Honda Civic?

Typical Honda- quality, reliability, and fun

by boltuprite from Toronto, Ontario on Wed Sep 20 2006

I traded in a 2000 Intrepid (P.O.S) for an Ex coupe. This is my 4th Honda so I pretty much knew what I was getting, but this car has exceed my expectations in every way. Beautifully styled, (many people ask me what it is and cannot believe it's a Civic!) It's quick, smooth, comfortable, loaded with safety features such as passive headrests and side curtain airbags. Power windows, locks. A/C cruise control, moonroof, 340 Watt MP3/WMA compatible stereo with 7 speakers including a sub woofer with steering whell mounted audio controls. As with most coupes the back seat is a bit hard to get in and out of, but lots of room once your back there. Large trunk for a small car and the fold flat 60/40 seats allow you to carry some large items. Be nice if the seats had a memory so you didn't have to re-set them. Other than that, an exceptional car, great value for the money!

good car bad interior issues

by Honda Driver from Washington DC on Sun Jul 04 2010

i bought this car in 2007 with 28,000 miles. It was great for the first year and then i ran into some issues. The air bag sensors located in the seats of the car are very senstive and quiet easy to break. BEWARE people from pushing on the seats the air bag sensors will break. About two months after buying the car the passenger seat backing feel off. Its not a cheap fix im not the only civic driver to run into this problem, or the window weather striping falling in. Also last week my sun visor fell off... Other then these flaws with the interior its an awesome car. Im pushing 95,000. still running strong!

A great Car

by Jake from wv on Wed Jul 01 2009

I've read some reviews on here and people were complaining about the handling of the car. I don't know if they were used to a Porsche, but as a Honda owner times over I think the handling in the car is excellent. I traded my old Accord in for this little car (230,000 miles logged) and was pleasantly surprised by the Civic. The car had everything one would need and it's all stock. The only thing that's missing is the nav system and heated seats. This can be purchased through a package, but seriously... is that any major complaint? No. Now, the only downside to the car is that it needs a little more power. Gas mileage is great, so there's the trade off. If you want mileage go with the EX, if you want to burn up the road go for the Si. All in all a great car, safety features galore and unlike some other owners on this page- I haven't had one problem with it. Very pleased and if it lasts as long as my Accord SE did... I should be getting a new car in about 10 years.

Best vehicle I've ever owned, hands down.

by Civic from DFW to Seattle from Seattle, WA on Mon Jan 06 2014

I used to flip cars about every 1-3 years, but this all changed when I got the 2006 Civic EX. I bought it new in 2005 and now in 2014 see no reason to ever get rid of the car. 95% of the maintenance done on this car has been routine - only a couple of other rogue issues like the car shuddering some and one speaker going out have caused me to take it into the shop. That's it. It's been absolutely perfect other than those two issues from the day I got it. I seriously have no complaints about this car whatsoever. Additionally, I like to brag that this car often gets about 350-400 miles to the tank if they're all highway miles. I've taken this car from Texas to Seattle and now down the Pacific Coast multiple times - the gas mileage on this thing has made those trips extremely affordable. I previously was a repeat Toyota owner (Celica, Rav4, Scion XA), but made the jump to the Civic and have loved Honda ever since. We are now expecting our first child in a few months and are looking into getting a 2006 Honda Pilot for more room, but will not be getting rid of the Civic - it's just too good of a car. I'd highly recommend to anybody. The Civic is incredibly reliable, fuel efficient and comfortable - not to mention it still looks good and has held up tremendously well some 8.5 years after purchasing it.

Best Car I've Owned

by TheManTheMyth from Dayton, Ohio on Fri Jun 25 2010

This car is awesome. I ended up buying a used (only 26k miles though) Civic Si with the navigation. I bought it because it was just what i was looking for. A sporty car that was very practical and reliable. First of all this car looks great inside and out. I get compliments all the time (silver with tinted windows and black rims) and the interior is pretty nice for the price. The nav system is very functional and looks so snazzy. Not only that but this car can move!! It's no Ferrari but it zips though traffic with ease and has plenty of power when I need it. Best of all it gets great gas mileage (if you cut down on the fun factor a little) and to top it all off I fit in this car which is more than a feat considering I'm 6' 4". I cannot speak for the reliability because I have only had the car for a week or so but it's a Honda. Those things go forever. If you are thinking of getting a Civic, pick up an Si and you will not regret it I promise!!

Minor Issues but overall very satisfied...

by Satisfied Honda Civic Owner from Napa, CA on Wed May 11 2011

I bought my Civic LX Coupe new. What sold me was not only the look of the car but also the great gas mileage. I have averaged every tankful of gas since new and have yet to get under 34 mpg... sometimes 38-39... and once 40. Recently I have passed 50,000 miles ... have yet to do anything besides routine maintenance... better than any car I have ever owned... Their have been minor issues... some of the clips that hold the drivers seat back on have broke so it sticks out a bit. The visor on the drivers side sticks but it stays up and I rarely use it so... not a problem for me. The blind spots are large for a car so small... but I knew this going in... (that is what test drives are for... test drove this one 3 times before purchasing.) The manual shift could be more precise. Finally, the plastics scratch way to easily. Other than that I am totally satisfied and would recommend with confidence.

I love Honda!

by SH from Folsom, CA on Sat Feb 28 2009

I bought this car brand new when i was 18. i did a lot of research since this was my first major independent purchase. i tried volkswagen(expensive lemons), scion(cheap features, very plastic-ey), toyota, and ford. the civic has the most value for its class. it has a peppy 140 hp engine, all power, and a very cute sporty feel to it(i own a red EX coupe). i wouldn't trade it for anything else. i am going to drive this car until it dies because there is nothing else in its class that even comes close. the only problems i have had was that the visor warped in the sun, the a/c condenser had a faulty weld, and when i purchased the car my passenger side window's rubber stuck when trying to roll up/down. Honda replaced these no problem and quickly might i add. oh and having soo many airbags to protect me in case of an accident leaves me with a good feeling. thanks Honda. i will purchase another in the future.

Warranty not worth the paper its printer on

by Practical, green driver from Cleveland Heights, OH on Fri Aug 20 2010

Until recently, I was mostly satisfied with my Honda Civic Hybrid (although the fuel mileage isn't as good as they claimed). The car started rusting slightly three years after I bought it new, despite being kept in a garage every night. (I have owned it about 4.5 years as of now.) Just recently, I brought it into the dealership as both front wheel-wells and the trunk has started to severly rust (looks terrible!) With the 5 year Corrosion Warranty, I didn't expect a problem. However, I was told that a Honda manager would have to ok the fix and would have to bring it back in a week and a half. (Annoying to make a return trip, but not a big deal.) The first customer service guy said this is typical now, since Honda has become more strict and have changed their corrosion policy since I had purchased the vehicle. After a lousy bout of customer service after dropping the car off the second time (after several unreturned calls), I was informed that the "Corrosion Warranty" only covers rust that has completely rusted through, not surface rust. I was told that only the one wheel well would be covered and it would take a week and a half! The service guy said I really needed to have the other well and the trunk replaced, except that that work would not be covered by the warranty and I would be responsible. The only reason Honda would have changed their rust warranty is because they know its a problem. Until they quit being slimy with their warranty, I'd recommend avoiding their cars.

Does not recommend this car!!

I'll never buy a civic again.

by Never buy a civic again from Baton Rouge, LA on Wed Nov 21 2007

I owned this car for a year and a half before trading it in last week. Over that year and half, I had several issues. First, I had to wait over a month for the car to come in because apparently they were in high demand...although after owning it, I can't see why. The first real problem I encountered was the visor on the driver's side. I like to have the visor down when I drive, but I soon discovered I would not be able to do that in this car. After owning it for a month, the sun heated the visor up and the glue holding it together melted. I had to go to the dealership and have them replace the visor. Would be ok, only honda didn't make the new visors any better and I had to replace it again. I eventually decided that I would have to discontinue using the visor if I didn't want to go to the dealership every month. Next problem...If you're short, it's a pain to be able to see your speed. If you own one, you might know what I mean. Next issue...the front windshield is enormous! I had 3 rocks hit it in the short time I owned the car. And after comparing the winshield size to other vehicles, I can see why. The handling wasn't great, and I sometimes felt like I was going to go off the road. The 2 door coupe has NO ROOM for even the driver. I am 5'1" 100lbs and even I felt squished. I'm glad so many people like this car, but I wish I still owned my '99 Civic, because it is far better than the '06 model.

Great MPG...Little else

by Thunderbolt from Pittsburgh PA on Wed Mar 25 2009

Bought my Civic brand new 3 years ago. Great gas mileage, but handles terribly in the snow or rain. Frightening highway driving with car wandering side to side. Early tire wear (cupping). Car will hesitate or not start in cold weather and suspension squeaks and rattles. Interior plastic scratches easily. A bit overpriced, but good if you have a long daily commute and are concerned with gas mileage.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20

Our Take on the 2006 Honda Civic

Completely redesigned for 2006, the Honda Civic is in its eighth generation and its 33rd year. How does a model last this long and become the best-selling small car in the U.S. for the past nine years and the third-best-selling passenger car in 2004? The same thing that’s consistently placed the Civic as a cars.com Overall Best Bet since the distinction began: It does everything well, and some things very well. In the face of growing competition, Honda is rolling out all the Civic variants within the next few months: the coupe and sedan on Sept. 15, the Civic Hybrid on Oct. 5 and the Civic Si on Dec. 1. I drove them all on one very busy day.

The import “tuner” craze in California started... Read More