Model Details

4.3
Average based on 116 reviews

Surprising

by from Austin, TX on September 6, 2010

Imagine owning German cars (VW & MB) for 7 years and dealing with problem after problem. Trip after trip to the dealer/shop. Time after time handing over the card to be swiped. Ignition coils, VRM's, fuel lines, seat motors, window actuators, check engine lights, new noises and the list continues... You get so fed up with spending time at the shop you learn to live with your flashy German car just not functioning at one hundred percent. Enter my '07 Civic EX. I haven't had it for long, but if it's like the Honda's I've owned from the past, I'm ready for worry-free driving for some time. Now, to the details. My EX has nav with a fabric interior. Seats are supportive and comfy and drivers is very adjustable. Back seats are roomy, fold down arm rest is nice, and there's ample knee room for even a tall person. Stereo is great with balanced low and high end. Wish there were more EQ options, but you leave it alone, which is good when you're driving. Speaking of, driving this thing is actually really fun. It's plenty quick for getting around town (I don't have an autobahn anywhere close to me), and it handles really well for it's price class. Cornering is fast and grip is sure. Highway noise is minimal and the speed-sensative stereo turns itself up nicely. Braking is incredibly sensitive and quick with the 4 wheel disk (ventilated front/solid rear). The short wheel base can lend to a little more bumpy ride, but overall it absorbs well. I love the interior layout. Thought I wouldn't, but I do. Especially at night with the nav screen. As the driver you're surrounded by readouts, lights, gauges and graphs and frankly it feels like you're piloting something out of the future. Either that or something that could take flight. The flat raked windshield is like looking out a perfect pane of plate glass. No distortion. The A-pillars are taking some time to get used to. The climate control is easy to operate and the AC is freaggin cold! The power glass sun roof is always nice to have and the power windows move up and down quickly (drivers is auto up/down). The transmission is smooth and selects the perfect gear every time. So to sum up. I love this car. Go test drive one yourself. It's not an Autobahn hot rod, but it won't let you down, it's fun, will haul you, your friends and camping gear

An Impressive Little Car

by from Weatherford, TX on March 29, 2011

I got this car after another driver ran a stop sign and totalled my Mustang. Since I was only getting 25 MPG with my best efforts, I decided I wanted economy and convenience this time around. My little Civic LX (bought used with a little over 43,000 miles) was just what I was looking for. EPA estimates of 30 city, 38 highway sold me almost immediately, and after I test drove it I was sold for sure. A very energetic little car that manages to feel solid despite its small size. As far as fuel economy goes, the lowest I have ever gotten was 28MPG with a lot of idling (and admittedly a bit of crazy driving. I wanted to see what this car could do!) However, I have begun practicing what I call "convenient hypermiling"; that is, I use the techniques, but not in such a way that they inhibit my driving enjoyment. This has given me returns of about 39.5 MPG on the last several fill-ups. Very impressive. Performance really impresses me. Coming from a 3.8 liter V6 to this 1.8 liter I4, the only loss I find is in the torque area. Acceleration is honestly almost as good as the '04 Mustang I had. 0-60 in about 7-8 seconds if you shift gears manually using the gear shift (very fun, by the way). Only complaints are the lack of trunk button on the key fob and a bit of wobble and wind noise around 70 MPH. Other than those trivial little issues, I am in love with this car. Only maintenance issue has been the AC going out right after I bought it, but it was an easy fix covered under warranty and I'm pretty sure it was just a one-off. I've put about 20,000 miles on it (now at 64,000), and I love it! The 2007 Honda Civic Lx is a car I can highly recommend. Great fuel mileage, comfortable for its size, good performance, and low cost of maintenance. Isn't that what everyone wants in a car?

2007 Honda Civic SI Navi 4 door

by from NJ on January 24, 2011

I love my Civic for what it is. Best bang for the buck and a ton of fun to drive. Fast but not fast enough to get you into a lot of trouble. The handling is great right out of the factory but I guess it could be a bit tighter in the rear. The weight is nicely balanced and as long as you know how to drive it you will pull away from most cars in the turns. The interior is outstanding for it's class and if you drop down the rear seats you can fit a 6 foot ladder along with a lot of other stuff. On long drives I find it more comfortable than most cars (when I say long I am referring to a 14 hour trip I once took). Great car!

Great commuter car

by from St. Paul, Minnesota on November 20, 2010

This car exeeded my expectations. I wanted a car that got good gas mileage, but I'm 6'5" tall and I simply don't fit into many of the smaller cars. The Civic seemed to have plenty of driver leg and head room for a smaller car, so I bought it. I was leery of the power a 1.8 liter engine would have, but I needn't have worried. This car is not a race car, but it's not slow, either. It's just perfect for driving around town. The suspension system is great, and the car handles beautifully. I get between 33 and 37 mpg; with mostly city driving. I've owned over 20 cars in my lifetime, and this is one of only two that were actually fun to drive. If you need a car for getting around town, you can't go wrong with this car.

Greatest ever

by from PA on May 2, 2011

This is is personally the best car I have ever owned. With the Si model you get the gas mileage of a civic also wiht the performance. great car

Reliable and fun to drive

by from California on August 15, 2010

This is my third Honda. My previous 1994 Civic was running strong at 259K miles when I sold it, and the lack of big repairs throughout the 13 years I had it made me a Honda fan for life. And everything in it was working great at that point! I never thought Civics were that great looking until the last few years. The 2007 is really quite sporty looking and very sleek and beautiful. I get a lot of comments on it. The interior is design fine and comfortable enough, although admittedly it's not the most luxurious interior around. But even on fairly long driving trips it has been fine and the gas mileage is fantastic. We've measured gas mileage as high as 42 on trips with a lot of highway driving. It is great fun to drive and handles well. In 3 years of ownership nothing has gone wrong, so Honda's famous reliability is still there. This 2007 Civic is bigger than our old 1994 version...I guess the overall size of all Hondas have increased somewhat.

Awesome Ride

by from Tacoma, WA on November 20, 2010

I bought my 07 Si used with 10k miles on it in May 2008. It now has 25k miles on it. No problems. It's a tight car - no rattles or squeaks. This is not a BMW or Infinity - but it's also $25,000 less than those rides. This is a fun, economical car to own and drive. Mileage is more than acceptable - 32 mpg when I drive it like a man my age should drive it; 26 mpg when I drive it the way it was engineered to be driven! :)

Fabulous!

by from Akron,OH on December 22, 2010

Love love love this car! I have the 2-door, 5-speed manual transmission, and couldn't be happier. It's sporty (read, fast!) but it's a Honda, so I know it will last me forever. So, so pleased.

luvit

by from weho on November 22, 2011

Love my Honda. Not so much as a single issue. It doesn't even get dirty. This is my 4th Honda and after my nice volvo got smashed I'm glad to be back in a reliable cost effective car.

Great car with a few minor aggravations

by from Princeton, New Jersey on June 8, 2012

Overall, I've been happy with my 2007 Civic EX sedan, with 5 speed manual transmission. It drives very well, has a relatively peppy engine, gets great gas mileage (more than 30 mpg in normal driving), and has been mechanically very reliable. It has been plenty roomy for my family of four in our day-to-day activities. Some issues have arisen however. The parking brake lever constantly digs into my thigh. The front roof pillars create dangerous blind spots between the front and side windows, especially when driving in town with traffic or pedestrians. The paint around the grill began to flake after a couple of years and had to be repaired (under warranty). One of the sun visors cracked and had to be replaced (also under warranty). My windshield wipers have lately not been functioning properly; they don't turn off correctly (problem still unresolved). I agree with other reviews about excessive road and wind noise as well. My local dealer has been very good about putting things right, however, but this minor faults strike me as things that never should have occurred on such a relatively new vehicle.