2007 Civic

2007 Honda Civic

2007 Honda Civic

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2007 Honda Civic?

Great commuter car

by Average Driver from St. Paul, Minnesota on Sat Nov 20 2010

This car exeeded my expectations. I wanted a car that got good gas mileage, but I'm 6'5" tall and I simply don't fit into many of the smaller cars. The Civic seemed to have plenty of driver leg and head room for a smaller car, so I bought it. I was leery of the power a 1.8 liter engine would have, but I needn't have worried. This car is not a race car, but it's not slow, either. It's just perfect for driving around town. The suspension system is great, and the car handles beautifully. I get between 33 and 37 mpg; with mostly city driving. I've owned over 20 cars in my lifetime, and this is one of only two that were actually fun to drive. If you need a car for getting around town, you can't go wrong with this car.

Reliable and fun to drive

by Honda Fan from California on Sun Aug 15 2010

This is my third Honda. My previous 1994 Civic was running strong at 259K miles when I sold it, and the lack of big repairs throughout the 13 years I had it made me a Honda fan for life. And everything in it was working great at that point! I never thought Civics were that great looking until the last few years. The 2007 is really quite sporty looking and very sleek and beautiful. I get a lot of comments on it. The interior is design fine and comfortable enough, although admittedly it's not the most luxurious interior around. But even on fairly long driving trips it has been fine and the gas mileage is fantastic. We've measured gas mileage as high as 42 on trips with a lot of highway driving. It is great fun to drive and handles well. In 3 years of ownership nothing has gone wrong, so Honda's famous reliability is still there. This 2007 Civic is bigger than our old 1994 version...I guess the overall size of all Hondas have increased somewhat.

Awesome Ride

by AJ from Tacoma, WA on Fri Nov 19 2010

I bought my 07 Si used with 10k miles on it in May 2008. It now has 25k miles on it. No problems. It's a tight car - no rattles or squeaks. This is not a BMW or Infinity - but it's also $25,000 less than those rides. This is a fun, economical car to own and drive. Mileage is more than acceptable - 32 mpg when I drive it like a man my age should drive it; 26 mpg when I drive it the way it was engineered to be driven! :)

Great car with a few minor aggravations

by 4-time Honda owner from Princeton, New Jersey on Fri Jun 08 2012

Overall, I've been happy with my 2007 Civic EX sedan, with 5 speed manual transmission. It drives very well, has a relatively peppy engine, gets great gas mileage (more than 30 mpg in normal driving), and has been mechanically very reliable. It has been plenty roomy for my family of four in our day-to-day activities. Some issues have arisen however. The parking brake lever constantly digs into my thigh. The front roof pillars create dangerous blind spots between the front and side windows, especially when driving in town with traffic or pedestrians. The paint around the grill began to flake after a couple of years and had to be repaired (under warranty). One of the sun visors cracked and had to be replaced (also under warranty). My windshield wipers have lately not been functioning properly; they don't turn off correctly (problem still unresolved). I agree with other reviews about excessive road and wind noise as well. My local dealer has been very good about putting things right, however, but this minor faults strike me as things that never should have occurred on such a relatively new vehicle.

Greatest ever

by k20z3honda from PA on Sun May 01 2011

This is is personally the best car I have ever owned. With the Si model you get the gas mileage of a civic also wiht the performance. great car

Fabulous!

by Only1kCm from Akron,OH on Wed Dec 22 2010

Love love love this car! I have the 2-door, 5-speed manual transmission, and couldn't be happier. It's sporty (read, fast!) but it's a Honda, so I know it will last me forever. So, so pleased.

performance, reliability, fun!

by Civic Si lover from Brevard, FL on Mon Sep 19 2011

I was looked at all the competitors and was about to buy brand new, but couldn't pass up the great deal on this used Si. Great for everyday use, practical, but when you're ready to let loose, this car does not disappoint.

Zippy

by PinotNoir from Sacramento, CA on Sat Oct 22 2011

It's an EX coupe with a 5 speed. Bought the car new, and it's been absolutely trouble free. Regular maintenance, tires, and a new battery is all it's ever needed. A great combination of good pickup off the line, with superior gas mileage. I have never averaged less than 34 mpg on a tank, and often get north of 36 mpg, all on regular gas. I also appreciate the great storage - all kind of little cubbyholes - and the controls on the steering wheel are very handy. It's comfortable and fun to drive. There are a couple of things that take getting used to. One is the digital speedometer, and it's location so far away from the driver. The other is that the hood is very short and sloped so it takes awhile to get used to where the front of the car is. And one weird quirk. The windshield wiper blades can't be changed by mere mortals. It seems that only the dealer can figure it out. They'll do the swap for the price of the new blades, no labor charge, which is nice. It's not a big deal, but just an odd oversight. But really, if that's the worst thing I can say about a car, then it's pretty bullet proof. Oh, and the resale value is excellent too.

Best car I've ever owned.

by Hoosier Civic Fan from Lafayette, IN on Fri Dec 03 2010

Really terrific car. It has driven cross-country twice, great mpg, extremely reliable, no troubles at all!

Life Saver

by vIns from San Antonio on Sun Mar 16 2014

I bought an used 07 - Civic EX coupe in Dec 2011 - This car just needs regular oil change and gas to run. Nothing else. Definitely a trouble free car i have ever owned in my life. Very reliable. Decent pickup for 1.8L engine. Interior looks good as well. I did not like the stock stereo. So i had to install aftermarket stereo system for my taste later! I had my Civic till 03/05/2014 until a stupid lady on the phone driving her car hit me while she was taking a left turn when i had the right of way! all airbags deployed and my car got totaled!! :( ..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21

Our Take on the 2007 Honda Civic

2007 Civic Si Sedan
Building on the successful launch last year of the redesigned Civic sedan, coupe and high-performance Si-trim coupe, Honda is ready to debut the 2007 Si sedan. This is the first time Honda has given a sedan the Si designation, and it's no small feat. The company has created a driving feel in the sedan that's almost parallel to the coupe, thanks in part to the fact that they kept its weight down. Somehow the sedan only weighs 60 pounds more than the coupe, and in performance vehicles, weight is everything.

Drivers will notice two distinct personalities in the Si. Drive it absent-mindedly and it reacts like any compact sedan should — responsive and quiet with... Read More