1997 Honda Cr V

Most reliable thing ever

by from Whitehouse Station on August 12, 2017

Drove the old girl to 330k miles and never had a single issue. She was beat up and pushed to the edge, but with regular maintenance handled it all. Would recommend a new 97 CRV to anyone

1997 Honda CR-V-most reliable car anyone's owned

by from Paducah, ky on April 14, 2017

Twenty years old and we haven't had to do anything to it except a drivers side window motor and an radiator. Easily has another 100,000 miles to go!

Reliability light SUV that is hard to matched

by from GA on January 6, 2015

I have put over 250,000 miles and this SUV is still keeps going. I don't have any single issue with transmission, powertrain and engine at all. I bought it from Apr 2000 at ~36,000 miles used. The payload is pretty good as I have moved around the country a lot and also during my military PCS. This SUV has a good mileage even as current (over 23 mpg). The only issue is this SUV is not built to tow, so I bought a 2014 2500 RAM pick up truck. However, I am still keeping it for a town ride.

1997 Honda CR-V

by from New England Megalopolis. on May 21, 2013

We purchased our 1997 CR-V about a month ago with 118,000 miles on it. We have put 1000 trouble free miles on the car and are quite pleased with it so far. The seats are not the most comfortable for longer trips but they're not intolerable. The car drives and handles nicely and the fuel economy is around 21-24 for combined mileage. The car has a lot of interior room for us and our 3 boys and a bunch of beach or boat stuff.

awesome

by from JACKSON, WI on November 27, 2012

awesome in snow, very reliable.looking for a newer one just because my legs are long and I fit better in the second generation CR-V.

Clifford, the big red CR-V

by from SE OHIO on May 28, 2012

Great car! Loved to run up the hills. Loved playing in the snow, never lost traction. Never left me on a country road, didn't mind the terrain. Really, an outstanding dog of a car.

CRV by CIDPUSA

by from Walnut , CA on December 27, 2011

I have had the car since 1997 bought it new and have driven it several times on 1500 mile trips and with time the car has accumulated 180,000 miles. Other then changing the tires, battery, shocks , distributor cap and sparkplugs everything else is original. You have to change the v-belt every 100,000 miles. The car still runs like it was new. The first generation of the CRV is just bullet-proof thanks to God. The engine is 2 liters and gives fuel mileage from 23- 29 MPG.

Short Time Owner

by from California on April 28, 2011

I have only owned my Honda CRV for a short time and so far I'm lovin' it. It's not too high for little old ladies to climb into and has plenty of leg room. When I fold the seats down I can cart around all kinds of "stuff" like I like to and the gas mileage has been aroung 24 mpg. I bought it from the Ford Dealer in Fairfield and it was one of the most pleasant experiences I have had buying a car. They didn't try to spin me and I really appreciated them.

great reliable roomy awd crv

by from carmel ca. on March 11, 2011

This cute C.R.V. hugs the road and will take you anywhere with no problem. Not luxurious whatsoever, but delivers reliability and value.

Well-built

by from Dublin, Ireland on January 15, 2010

Had just two mechanical faults, admittedly at reasonable mileage (circa 60,000). First was requirement to replace rear bushes on suspension and second was blow-out of top of radiator needing new one. Otherwise, mechanically sound. Driver's seat is uncomfortable on long journeys and road noise is excessive. Very sure-footed in icy conditions though.