2010 Element

2010 Honda Element

2010 Honda Element

Have You Driven the 2010 Honda Element?

Love this vehicle!

by In My Element from Athens, GA on Sat Oct 09 2010

When we had our first child, we wanted a bigger car. I had been driving a Corolla for 10 years. The Element attracted my attention because of its interior convertibility with the rear seats (can turn it into almost a cargo mini-van), the vast amount of leg room in the back seats, the hose-it-out factor, and the stylishness. The car has exceeded my expectations on every level. I have been able to haul just about anything in the Element that I would have needed a truck for otherwise. It's been perfect for family trips and hauling all the gear that goes with a baby. It's a comfortable fit for me (5'9"), and I like the distance from the windshield. Feels very roomy. Highly recommended!

Best value for the money. AWD, practical

by KEKC from Edem Prairie, MN on Sat Jul 24 2010

My wife's car. Bought new for under $2300 (EX 2007 model). Stylish, stands out. VERY practical. Reliable, huge cargo space. Plastic floor. Premium stereo with a subwoofer - YUM! No problems for the first 3 years. Sporty handling, although will not accelerate very fast. You can load a lot into it. VERY satisfied. Will buy another one for myself. CONS: front pillars a little too wide - not a problem, just takes some time to get used to.

My 2nd Element - couldn't drive any other car!

by Kim from Highlands Ranch, CO on Sun May 07 2017

Yes, this car is boxy. And there's no carpet or leather. And no fancy electronics. And it's 7 years old now. Honda never knew how to market this car! They thought it was a surfer boy car. But hey, I'm a middle aged woman. But really - it's a great car. Comfortable, safe, roomy, impervious to muddy boots, messy kids, dog paw prints. Subwoofer for rocking out. On demand all wheel drive. The only thing Honda did wrong here is stop making this excellent, useful, reliable fun vehicle.

I'm in my own Element, for the third time!

by Maddog from East Aurora, NY on Tue Oct 26 2010

Just purchased my 3rd Element! Love this vehicle! I bought a 2003 EX (which I still own after 120K miles), purchased another 2005 (used) at a great price, drove it for 40K miles and TRADED it in on this 2010 EX. It was a deal I couldn't refuse, HIGH trade in value, good deal on the 2010. My 2005 LX (was Honda certified with 76K miles on it) stayed on the dealer lot for about a week befor it joined another happy owner. These vehicles NEVER let me down, typical maintenance efforts provide a reliable, useful (the carrying capacity and adaptability of this truck is great), and FUN vehicle. I hope they continue this line in 2011! Sure would hate to not be able to eventually get Element #4!

love the element

by Glow from Olathe KS on Mon Feb 20 2012

Got the listing from Cars.com. Saw the car that afternoon and purchased it that evening. It was and still is one of the best deals for an Element. Love the car and the bright orange is really now my favorite color. It commands respect (or "oh my god, look at the orange car) from everyone.

A good all around vehicle

by retired coal miner from Salt Lake City, UT on Mon Mar 12 2012

I bought this car after a lot of deliberation and investigation. My only complaint is it is a little short on horsepower. The car has consistently averaged 21 mpg in town and 28-31 mpg at interstate speeds. It is a great vehicle to haul kids to school and animals to the vet. Cleanup is a snap

Toaster heaven

by Sacramennah from Northern California on Thu Aug 07 2014

I was in need of a spacious hauler but not enamored with another cab-over pickup. The Element is just quirky enough and big enough to meet my needs for photography, camping & cycling. Small enough to park, fit in garage and fill with gas - plus Honda dead-on reliability. What's not to like?

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Super Psyched

by JillyJilly from Boulder, CO on Wed Jul 26 2017

Why Honda stopped making this car, I'll never understand! I feel lucky to have found a late model Element with low miles, so I can drive it around town like a normal car, plus turn it into a camping machine and take it to faraway places. This utility, plus AWD and Honda's reliability, make the Element a perfect car for me. It's a substantial vehicle but not huge. Nothing fancy, but clean and nice. The visibility and comfort are exceptional. I'm excited to enjoy this car for a long, long time!

A great car for the pet enthusiast

by Dogs R Us from Winston Salem, NC on Wed Jun 25 2014

I needed a car that my arthritic and aging dogs could get in and out of without being lifted. I also wanted one that wouldn't require me to spend hours cleaning the dog hair out of the carpet and off the seats. This 2010 Honda Element was the perfect choice. Now the dogs can accompany me on errands and the hair brushes right off of everything. It isn't luxurious, but it is very utilitarian. The only negatives I have found are that when the back seats are up,there are big blind spots and the back seat windows hinge out instead of going down. Jim Scott at Honda Cars of Rock Hill was a great salesman to work with.

repeat customer

by walter from lima, ohio on Fri Dec 18 2009

Just traded in my 03 element for a new one. I had zero problems with the old one. Simplicity itself!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2010 Honda Element

Not every car shopper is looking for a built-in dog kennel and other canine-friendly accoutrements in their next compact SUV. But for that small niche of dog owners who are, there's only one real option: Honda's Element with its new Dog Friendly Package.

A simple $995 add-on to the LX and EX (the sportier SC can't be equipped with it) transforms the Element into a dog taxi with no rival.

We last reviewed the Element in 2008, when it received its last significant update. You can read that review, which tackled the SC trim, here, or check out a comparison of the 2010 and 2009 models here.

What Is a Honda Element?