2020 Honda Insight consumer reviews

side view of 2020 Insight Honda
Explore the 2020 Honda Insight
Shop the 2020 Honda Insight

I Love My Insight

I absolutely love my Insight! The mileage is amazing and the styling is impressive. The safety and technology features are really nice and easy to use.

4.3

Wow, the MPG is incredible

The car averages 45-52 mpg. Love it. It is a great commuter car. The drivers seat is ridiculously comfortable. Downside is that the back seat is NOT comfortable and difficult to get in and out.

Wow! Love the car!

Speechless about this car. There’s so many words to describe my Insight! My new baby!!! So much bigger than my 2019 Toyota Yaris. Regret not going to Honda first for a car worth the monthly Payments!

Wonderful car to drive

The Insight is comfortable, feels luxurious, its safe, stylish, and just an overall pleasure to drive. The best part is how efficient it is on gas. I would highly recommend it.

Really good car

The Insight has been a great car for me. My husband has a pickup for his everyday driving but enjoys my car as well. It gets excellent gas mileage 51/52 here in the mts of NC. Very comfortable interior with plenty of legroom. I think it’s a good looking car inside and out. Tried Prius in test drive and didn’t like it nearly as much as Insight.

Best Car Ever.

This car has all I need. Very smooth in the street. Noise free all the time totally the car I want to have after my experience with the old car there is a big difference. Also if you want to save on gas I recommend this car. Best thing ever.

Smart car smartly designed

Premium look inside and out, for a budget price. Love the pep/acceleration; it is surprising for a hybrid. Back support is fine, despite the lack of lumbar support. Gear shift is clever and easy to use, despite the car having no transmission. Car is often very quiet when started (Car relies on battery, only uses gasoline engine when necessary). Lots with which can tinker (e.g., Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, dash gauge, paddle shifters and adaptive cruise control). Better than a Prius in ALL areas except for the engine: it is a tad noisy. If you drive calmly, then the car is rides quietly. If you drive hastily or up hills---especially in power mode, then you'll often hear the engine moan. Not enough to "get to you," but enough that you will know.

Hi class hybrid

The only thing wrong is the 47 mpg. My last car was 60 mpg. However all the extra luxuries more then make up for it.

Most reliable car I have owned

The vehicle rides so smooth. Love the fact that you can't hear it when it's crunk up!! Always heard Honda was a great car now I'm seeing what all the talk is about!!

Most Eco friendly car I have owned.

I wanted a car with a trunk. I was considering a civic sedan or hatchback when Honda launched the Insight. The Insight EX I purchased has all the amenities I wanted and I am still learning how all the accessories work. I am currently driving it in sport mode to see the difference between econ and sport. I prefer the sport. I did not change my driving habits but I find the engine and transmission have a tighter feel and this increase my pleasure in driving the car.