Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1995 Odyssey

1995 Honda Odyssey

$980 - $2,116  MSRP Range
1995 Honda Odyssey

4.5

Have You Driven the 1995 Honda Odyssey?

95-97 Odyssey's Hard to Beat for Durability/Value

by Driven 2 over 200K from Franklin on Thu Dec 31 2009

I am on my 2nd 1995 EX. The first was totaled at 200K by a pizza delivery guy - a bummer given we had just done the timing belt, tuneup, new tires and ready to go for another 50K. Took the insurance money and bought the same vehicle with 80K on it in 2004 (after taking best parts/tires off original) Now has 260K on it. The engine is a tank and will not fail. Drive over 550 highway miles a week and consistently get 24-26 MPG. Very comfortable seating. Take the 2nd row buckets out and the van can haul almost anything. If you can get one gently used with under 130K on it you will still get's lots of miles. Front axels prone to fail, watch the oil seals, low torgue for hills, but those are minor issues!

Best Mini-van ever

by Honda Fan from NC on Thu Aug 22 2013

I now have 220,000mi on my 95 Odyssey. There's nothing wrong with it! Doesn't smoke, or burn oil. Just routine maintenance of wearable parts. I consistently get over 20mpg city and 28hwy, up to 30 if I stay under 70mph. My daughter has same vehicle with 325,000!! and same record. I just replaced the radiator and alternator for her. And no, it doesn't smoke or burn more than a quart every 5000 mi. That's it. No internal work. I'm looking for mine to go another 100,000. I challenge any NEW car dealer to show me a car with this much room that will get this mpg.!! Other than maybe a hybrid.

Very reliable car!!!

by Rapid Roy from Plainfield, Ct on Fri Dec 17 2010

We've owned our 1995 Honda Odyssey Van since it was new, and it's still going strong with 267,000 on the clock. I sent a thank-you letter to Honda at 250,000 because I was pretty happy. I think that they're going to have to pry this van out of my cold, dead hands! It just keeps on running along!

Bulletproof!

by Hondalover from Plano, TX on Sun Mar 25 2007

We've had our Ody as the second owner for almost 6 years and have put over 100k miles on the vehicle. We now have almost 180k on the odometer, and havn't had to do anything major for maintenance, except change the oil. It cruises on long trips easily at 70mph, and just keeps going. An unbelievable piece of engineering.

Incredible mini-van

by Nifty Fifty from sacramento, CA on Thu Jul 16 2009

We bought this car with 92,000 miles and have since put on 130,000 trouble free miles. Still go tent camping regularly utilizing all available cargo space and roof rack. Bucket seats are extremely comfortable. Never owned a Honda before this and am now converted!

Super Families automobile

by Egerize from Kazakhstan, Almaty on Mon Dec 20 2010

This car is reliable, convenient and practical. Value for money - between 5 and 55:)). sorry for the emoticon. Suspension a bit weak. Me and my family are completely satisfied with the car. My car is AWD and has 7 seats, ran a 150 000 km, with the right wheel and I think he'll run another 150 000 km. Thanks to Honda's concern for this beautiful car.

Over 200k miles and still awesome

by Hondy Odyssey Lover from DFW, Texas on Thu Dec 06 2007

I bought this Odyssey from a friend whose family had outgrown it. It had 206k miles on it. We did a little work on the a/c and some tune up kinds of things and love it. It still gets its original gas mileage. We drive it everywhere including a recent trip to Florida. The cruise just died but that's about the biggest problem we've had which I can smile about. We plan to upgrade to a newer van next year but this one is already set to head off to another family because it has a lot of miles left on it. I love it!

Great old Car

by venterce from Madison, CT on Fri Feb 27 2009

We just donated this car in 2007 after 12 good years. We actually replaced it with a 2005 Odyssey. It was very reliable. Also, this car was surprisingly great in bad weather (snow). I would definately recommend it.

Perfect van for the new century

by Odyssey man from Atlanta on Fri May 26 2006

The original Odyssey from Honda is probably the next great design to be brought out by the major manufactureres in the next few years. Mazda, Suzuki, etc. have already updated this formula. The Odyssey from 1995 to 1998 was a perfect sized, great handling vehicle. It consistently gets 23mpg in mixed driving. It is relatively quiet, great riding wagon/van that has proven to be incredibly reliable. I bought my 1996 Odyssey with close to 200k, and it now has close to 220k, with no mechanical issues. If you like Accords, don't look at those new post 1999 Odysseys. They have tansmission problems anyway. Do your wallet a favor and get the first generation Odyssey.

No doubt: Most Reliable Vehicle I've owned.

by KennaSr from Stafford, VA on Sat May 05 2018

We purchased the Odyssey the very first year is was available in 1995. It was a four door wagon style only that year. But again, up until last April, it NEVER left us stranded (1995-2017). It had a plethora of natty maintenance problems after 150,000 miles, but never failed an emissions test. Yes, with four cylinders, it was a gutless wonder ... but it was highly reliable. We donated it because we didn't have a mechanic in our family and it was bleeding out too much for repairs. However, I would not be surprised if it's still on the road somewhere in Northern Virginia.

1 2

Our Take on the 1995 Honda Odyssey

HONDA HAS entered the minivan wars with its Accord-based Odyssey. It's a high-quality piece in terms of fit, finish and appointments. But my hunch is that it'll appeal only to devout Honda buyers. The Odyssey is too small for what most Americans need and want in a minivan -- galumptious space.

Worse, that lack of space comes with lots of price. The Odyssey starts at $22,985!

Is Honda serious? The Odyssey's more spacious competitors have lower base stickers. For example, the Dodge Caravan starts at $16,100; the Chevy Astro, $18,300; Ford Windstar, $19,200; and Chevrolet Lumina Minivan, $17,600. And those models come with six-cylinder engines.

The Odyssey comes with a standard 2.2-liter, sequentially... Read More