2000 Odyssey

$351 - $6,851  MSRP Range
2000 Honda Odyssey

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2000 Honda Odyssey?

GREAT MINI VAN

by HARD NOSED DRIVER from Wisconsin on Mon Jan 24 2011

I bought this van used with 70 K miles on it. Now have well over 100,000 and it is still as wonderful as the day I got it. The fuel mileage is between 21 and 27- depending on where you are driving( city or highway) We have taken several trips and it is the most comfortable vehicle I have owned. I am over 60 and it is extremely easy to enter and exit-more than I can say for regular cars. My friends and I take this on golf outings often. It works perfect for 4 large guys and their clubs and gear. If you can find one-buy it!!!

Engine is great but transmission is worst

by ped from Phila,PA on Mon Mar 05 2012

If you got money to throw out the window then get one. I own a 2000 honda odyssey for about 2 months, beside for a smooth and comfortable ride. the transmission is no good. A used tranny will fail in no time, a rebuilt tranny cost too much and a new tranny is very expensive.

Does not recommend this car!!

One of the most reliable vans I have owned

by Miss Reliability from Nappanee, Indiana on Mon Feb 20 2012

The independent dealer who sold us the car was outstanding & very honest. It has been everything he said it was. We took it on a trip & was amazed it got 31 miles to the gallon

Great Minivan

by Daily Driver from New York, NY on Wed Jun 01 2011

This minivan was my fathers for one year, then I inherited it in 2001 with 12K miles. Ive since put an additional 110K miles almost completely trouble free. Mechanically the car is great, only have done regular maintenance. The sliding doors do stick, and in the first couple of years I broke a few handles trying to get them open. This is the LX, non-power sliding doors. Mileage has been very good. I drove cross country once and on one tank got just over 30 mpg. On the highway I usually get anywhere from 26 to 28 mpg on the highway and 21 to 23 mpg around town which is incredible for a V6 powered minivan. Lots of room inside and handles great with its 4 wheel independent suspension. I had a older style (1989) Mazda MPV with the live rear axle and it would skip over bumps compared to the smooth soaking up of the bumps with the Odyssey. I have read about the troubles with the transmission, but mine has been fine. Overall and excellent value.

Planning to buy another one

by bikracer from Atascadero, CA on Fri Apr 15 2011

My husband and I are cyclists and have a tandem bicycle as well as single bikes. We bought the Odyssey because it was the only van long and tall enough to accommodate our tandem without making any adjustments other than removing the front wheel. We have gotten completely reliable service from it as well as good mileage. Our dealer tried to tell us we needed to replace the transmission (we weren't having problems) so we took it to another mechanic for a second opinion. He told us the transmission was fine. My husband commutes in it and we have taken it on many long road trips with our bikes without a problem. We're planning another long road trip this spring. When we replace this van it will definitely be with another Honda Odyssey!

Good car BAD TRANSMISSION !!

by jimmy from brooklyn ny on Sat Mar 11 2017

I had my car since new 2000 bought it in NOV 1999 I have 166,000 miles everything is good except the Transmission !!! went through 5 transmissions honda took care of the first 3 they lasted about 40 thousand miles at 111,000 my third honda transmission went but honda said Im on my own now !!! even though they never fixed the transmission problem they just gave one bad transmission after another, I had my 4th transmission rebuilt outside and that last about 55,000 miles and now Im having my 5th transmission put in. I love the car I just hate the transmission and honda never owned up to these transmission problems just waited for these cars to die and go away !!!

Does not recommend this car!!

Invincible

by Suzka on Tue Jul 11 2017

My family has had this car for 16 years and it's held up for so long. Of course some things wear down over time but it works well!

Has been a very good vehicle.

by Johnny from St Paul, MN on Sat Nov 23 2013

Bought ours used in 2002 with 93k miles already on it so we got it pretty cheap for only being a couple years old. We have only had minor issues and it now has 224k on it, so 11 years and 130,000 miles of use for us. Still runs great though doesn't ride too great any more. Would still trust it to drive anywhere. Never had tranny issues and it has zero oil or fluid leaks. It is a very well made van. The power doors have sometimes stopped but disconnecting the battery for a few seconds seems to reset them and have never had to pay for them to be fixed. If it died today I would consider to have gotten my money's worth from it though it probably is still worth over $2k. Would buy again.

Very Satisfied

by HAWK from NJ/GA on Tue Jan 03 2012

Owned this car for ten years and over 132,000 miles and recently sold it . Only reason for selling was to purchase a 2008 Odyssey for additional safety features. Both vehicles meet my needs for comfort and space.

Dependable/durable

by MsMarianna from Ann Arbor Mi on Fri Mar 30 2018

I'm very pleased with this vehicle over all. Im looking forward to driving it for miles and miles. Love all the room inside! I'll buy one again.

1 2 3