2003 Odyssey

2003 Honda Odyssey

$151 - $7,907  MSRP Range
2003 Honda Odyssey

4.1

Have you driven the 2003 Honda Odyssey?

2003 Honda Odyssey nice driver

by Odyssey Owner from Smyrna,DE on Wed Oct 02 2013

For the money this vehicle was a good buy. It's pretty economical on gas, better than the ratings. The car drives very nice and has decent pick up being a V-6 makes it pleasant to drive. I purchased it locally as opposed to buying one several hours away. The car had one owner and was dealer maintained and all maint. records were furnished. Mileage was a bit higher than I would have liked but, these vehicles have a good reputation for being reliable into the 2 and 300,000 mile range. You would not think by the way it drives that it has the mileage it does. I probably will buy a newer one in a couple years or once I sell my other car.

Very comfortable van

by Lyn from on Wed Dec 12 2012

So far so good. I do feel a little jerking in the transmission when starting out cold and the clock light does not work. I have read some bad things about the transmission after my purchase but I'm trying to think positive.

2003 Honda Odyssey is now my dream car (sad huh?)

by Twins X 2 from Columbus, OH on Fri Mar 25 2011

With our 2nd set of twins on the way my wife and I needed a 3rd car and it needed to set at least 6. I found a 2003 Odyssey for sale at local dealer and went to take a look. This vehicle ended up being an EX-L which was the top of the line model for that year I believe. It had leather interior, DVD player, heated seats, full power seats, basically every option other than the GPS (which would probably have been outdated by now anyway). It only had 93,000 miles, which was less than most of the 2006-newer ones that were for sale and the interior was FLAWLESS. The only knocks on the car were heavy use on the drivers armrest (I think this vehicle was only used for long trips as it was pristine inside and out, which would explain the armrest), the DVD player did not come with the wireless headphones* (but did have the remote) and the rear set head rests were missing. The dealer wanted $9,800 for it and I ended up getting it for $8,400, which seems like a steal to me. I have taken it on a few snowboarding trips with my kids and on one trip we ended up taking a friend and his son back with us and fit 2 adults, 3 kids, 6 snowboards & gear, 4 suitcases and a 42" TV boxed up in the van and we all roade comfortably. This vehicle is awesome! If you are thinking of buying one - do it.

I'm surprised

by Not impressed from Fresno, CA on Thu Apr 03 2008

I have been a Honda fan for many years and am surprised that the Odyssey is not as great as I hoped. The rubber fell off the cup holders in the tray immediately. The automatic sliding doors get stuck regularly and now 5 years into it they want to replace the ignition switch for $600 not including the rekeying. It seems unreasonable that my cylinder lock/ignition switch would wear out after 5 years normal wear and tear. I'm not impressed

Does not recommend this car!!

Most Reliable & Powerfull van in the market!!!

by HONDA FAMILY from derwood on Tue Mar 30 2010

this van does like 27MPG in higway and about 17-18 MPG in city ... this van has around 245 HP which is great for a mini van .....

Great big reliable car

by Car lover from Seattle, WA on Fri Apr 09 2010

The odyssey in general is great. Versatile, comfortable and spacious. For Big or small family, towing, moving you name it. It will works for everybody.

Excellent family vehicle

by First time Honda owner from Circleville, OH on Thu Apr 26 2007

I'm so happy with this van. We owned a Chevy venture before this and it's like night and day. The first thing I noticed was how quiet it was. The seats are very comfortable for long trips and it delivers a smooth ride with better than average handeling for a mini-van. You are simply wasting money if you buy anything other than a Honda due to the great resale value they have. Another great feature is the hide-away 3rd row seat. It's great for moving furniture or even my kids go kart.

Awesome family vehicle- 9 years! 03 Honda Odyssey

by Zumbala from Elyria, OH on Thu Aug 07 2014

Awesome family car for us for 9 years! Reliable, good power, great entertainment for the kids in the back, they watch DVDs with headsets on while we listen to what we want. Comfortable full size bucket seats. We kept up the maintenance up and it never broke down on us!

Great family car

by Family Man from Coral Springs on Thu Jun 01 2006

We've had this minivan for a year and would never part with it if we could take it with us. It's a treat to drive. We used it on long trips too. It feels very stable and secure. The expanded bottom of the trunk is a real plus expecially when travelling. The engine is really silent. I had to get used to it at the beginning bc it's hard to tell if it's on or not.

Great Family Car or for Cargo

by ChrisB from Middletown on Sun May 13 2018

We have had the 2003 Honda Odyssey for 15 years and 200,000 miles. We replaced the transmission once but otherwise it has been a perfect car for us. The cargo space is amazon.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2003 Honda Odyssey

Nobody makes a bad minivan. That makes life a little difficult for families comparison-shopping more than a dozen entries from such stalwarts as Chrysler, Ford, Chevrolet and Toyota, as well as relative newcomers like Kia.

Three of the class leaders -- Toyota Sienna, Ford Windstar and Nissan Quest -- are being redesigned this year, with Mercury introducing a brand-new model called Monterey. So the heat is on Honda, whose Odyssey has been at or near the top of the segment in recent years.

The company has responded with a 2003 edition that's been improved in many ways and continues to appeal with such benchmark features as a fold-flat third seat. Our test model, a well-equipped Odyssey EX... Read More