2012 Odyssey

2012 Honda Odyssey

2012 Honda Odyssey

Have You Driven the 2012 Honda Odyssey?

The Perfect Vehicle

by Mommy Mermaid from Cary, nc on Mon Jan 02 2012

I simply adore my Honda Odyssey. I have had Dodge Grand Caravans, but really didn't like their new styling. Interior and exterior on the caravan was kind of blah. A friend of mine convinced me to look at the Odyssey. Holy cow! I was so impressed. I got the level below the touring model. I wanted leather and the navigation system, but didn't want the tv/DVD entertainment system. I've had it for a little over two months, and am loving the difference in gas mileage as well. Their variable cylinder system is amazing. We took a trip to Charleston, SC from Raleigh, NC and were on the way back before we had to stop and get gas. I think we literally got 500 miles out of that one tank of gas. I am totally loving my new van!

Love it

by stephmom from NC on Sat Nov 26 2011

Fist of all my wife and I were both people who said we would never own a minivan, but after we were married and had 2 kids each, our family became 4 kids and 3 dogs....time to get a minivan. We owned a 2007 and used it for long trips. We loved the 2007, but the new model is vastly improved. It is the only minivan that actually looks great. Our old one was comfy, but this one drives so much quieter and the variable cam engine that turns off cyclinders to save gas is much smoother on the highway. does not feel like it is changing gears when it kicks in. Honda must have had families live in them when designing them since it seems like everything you could need is right there and in the perfect place. Had upscale suv's for the last 12 years and enjoy driving this so much better than the "buses". All around, I do not know of anything better to cruise around in if you have a pack of little people or lots of stuff.

Lov'in this van... never thought I'd say that

by ducati from Chagrin Falls, OH on Mon Jan 02 2012

The Odyssey is not cheap, but is really nice as an all around family vehicle. We have 3 kids and this van is perfect. The amenities are very nice (EX-L) model, the performance is sufficient (have never been compelled to "push it" in a mini-van), and it has a good look both in and out. I have zero buyers remorse with this purchase - glad I decided on buying the new model v. a pre-2011, as the upgrades are material.

Luxury car disguised as a minivan

by kitkat from Los Angeles on Mon Jan 16 2012

Everything about this Odyssey belongs in a luxury automobile. In fact, my husband who drives a mercedes SUV agrees that my odyssey has a smoother ride, more comfortable seating, and the technology is top-notch. I love the navigation and back-up camera system, and the kids enjoy being able to bring along several of their friends. Engine is powerful and manages my uphill commute very well. Very satisfied with this car and will drive it for long after the kids have grown out of it.

Retired at 62 To death do we part

by J.C.S. from Wisconsin on Fri Feb 22 2013

It Has Beeen Great to me Very Satisfied Tried out Five Siennas Before I bouught my Irsh " O"dyssey No Comparison!

Best Family Vehicle

by Busy Mommy from Greenville, SC on Mon Jan 16 2012

This van is by far the best family vehicle! I have the EX-L with DVD package and it's so comfortable for long trips. We travel a lot to see family and the amount of room available in this van is endless. Must have vehicle if your looking for room, comfort, excellent ride and family friendly!!

Great Van

by NS from wisconsin on Mon Dec 05 2011

Have had this van for 3 months and love it....felt the Toyota Sienna handled a bit better (felt like driving a car whereas the Odyssey was more like an SUV). Other than that...this is an awesome minivan, and I prefer it over the Sienna in all other features

Second minivan, fourth Honda

by Jolly Joe from Washington State resident on Sun Apr 01 2012

I have found all aspects of my EX-L, purchased 1 month ago, to have met and exceeded my expectations. Great ride with less noise than previous Honda vehicles. My only complaint is the lack of body side molding which I expected in this price range Honda. Impressive materials used in construction add to the appearance. Very flexible interior configuration available for owners who may need adjust for their specific needs.

Go on an Odyssey

by Brodie from Minneapolis, MN on Sat Mar 02 2013

We love the Odyssey, which is why we traded our last car, a 2007 Honda, for the 2012 Odyssey. It was time to move it up a notch. We thought the 2007 was a delight, thus, we had to find a new word for the 2012. How about rhapsodic? The handiing is smooth and powerful without being overbearing. With little engine noise you will constantly be in danger of speeding - so stay alert. So far, in the two weeks of ownership, the fuel efficiency is noticeable - and measurable, due to the separate indicators on each trip log to show mpg. Neat. The feel of the car is sumptious and surprisingly simple. Having been in cars that look like an airplane flight deck, so numerous the buttons and myraid the colours, it was a pleasant experience to not feel overwhelmed or distracted by the 'goodies'. And there are plenty of goodies. Moving with the times, the car is equipped with bluetooth capabilities so you can have a safer journey while still being in contact with the world outside your wondrous car. The look of the car is definitely different from the older styles - sleeker, classier (who knew it was possible?). A lower roofline makes it easier to keep up a conversation as you and your passengers walk around the car to load up - a boon for the family with lots of kids all talking at once! The only downside...my hair brushes the ceiling no matter how low I set the seat; I am by no means exceptionally tall - 5'6" is pretty average. My husband has no such issue, despite being the same size - he is bald. One point to him. A lumbar setting has been added to the driver's seat; we currently have it set to maximum and my husband finds it just fine, I could do with a lot more. Point to my husband again - he does not have a wonky back. Lots of additional extras make for a very comfy and attractive car. The back seats can be set to face backwards - at first I had no idea why I would want this, but our teen son was quick to point out that soccer season tends to coincide with the rainy season in Minnesota, thus, the ability to hide under the tailgate for a player is a positive, the ability to sit comfortably and watch the whole game from the fancy seats, apparently a huge bonus. While I am unlikely to avail of this option - I am not made of sugar, so rain is not a problem, and I am too excitable at a game to actually sit down - I can see the attraction for others. All in all, a very fine car. We enjoy travelling in it. It has brought back the idea of driving for pleasure - taking us to those heady days of the invention of the parkway, a specific type of road created to take your car for a run. Who knew it was possible to go back to that feeling?

good for family

by kuaji from san diego on Fri Jun 08 2012

buying odyssey for a growing family is no-brainer. Didn't try other minivans. driving smoothly and kids like the cargo space the van provides

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2012 Honda Odyssey

Editor's note: This review was written in September 2010 about the 2011 Honda Odyssey. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Honda's Odyssey is about as thrilling a vehicle as a minivan can be — which is not all that exhilarating. To woo parents, the redesigned 2011 model is relying on features like an expandable second row that fits three child-safety seats, a built-in trash bag holder, and enough cupholders for 15 cans, bottles and juice boxes. The somewhat odd profile design will likely be the last thing Odyssey shoppers notice.

For parents willing to pay up for the top-of-the-line... Read More