2016 Odyssey

2016 Honda Odyssey

2016 Honda Odyssey

Have You Driven the 2016 Honda Odyssey?

Great Car and Great Value

by New Car Buyer from Oak Park, IL on Sat May 28 2016

Our buying choice came down to the Odyssey, Toyota Sienna and the Kia Sedona. We thought all three were good vehicles. We eliminated the Sedona due to the CR reviews that the comfort was not as good on long drives. We talk long drives and this is something you cannot get a feel for on a test drive. Both the Odyssey and Sienna seem to be excellent vehicles. The Sienna has a bit more luxurious feel while the Odyssey has better handling. We saw them equally, so it came down to price. We found the Honda dealers far more willing to deal. Sienna pricing was OK, but we were able to obtain the Odyssey thousands under invoice. So far we are happy with it. Of all the vans, it is the most comfortable to seat the eight passenger. The Sienna has more bucket style seats in the 2nd row, which leaves that middle passenger with a very small seat.

Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 2016

by Family Man from San Diego, CA on Mon Jul 18 2016

This is my third new Honda Odyssey purchase as I previously owned a 2002 Honda Odyssey EX, and a 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring. I was always unable to convince my 2 teens to travel in any other car from my household as we also own 2 Sedans a 2013 Civic EX-L and a 2015 Accord Touring Hybrid. As my Wife's 2007 van was beginning to age, we began discussions on what our family needs were given that our oldest Son is weeks away from leaving for College. I felt that although we loved the space, comfort and convenience a minivan was no longer needed for a family with one teen living at home, plus my 81 year old Mother who just recently moved in with us. We looked at the 2016 Acura MDX, Volvo XC90 and 2016 Honda Pilot Touring Elite in an attempt to give up unnecessary space when not needed. However, a quick test of the SUV's 3rd row comfort quickly demonstrated that those seats are only good for anyone 6 years old or younger, not to mention that when those seats are up you give up most of the storage space. My 2016 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite engine is responsive, quiet, and shift gears very smoothly. Safety features offered by Honda as standard equipment are top notch, and should leave higher end brand owners wondering why they should be paying extra for them. I only wish the seats had as much padding, and leather quality as the prior generation. Also, the TPMS does not longer provide individual readings (Cost cutting), and the dashboards materials lack the quality feel of a $46K vehicle. Traveling in my new Odyssey Touring Elite feels like being in a cocoon of comfort, safety, and style while having all the space necessary to have your loved ones enjoy the rides as much as the driver does.

Most Comfortable Van I've Owned

by Scrapchick55 from Pittsburg, CA on Mon Feb 22 2016

The EXL has some great features. It notifies you if you start to "drift" out of your lane or get to close to the car in front of you. When you put the right turn signal on there is a camera that shows if you have anything in your blind spot, that is a great feature so you can safely change lanes! It has a back-up camera so you can see what is behind you as you back into a parking spot or out of the driveway. The seats fit into your back for lumbar support and they are very comfortable. The suspension is great and the ride is smooth. It handles like a dream. I love this van!

Looks great, runs even better and safer still!

by Rosan from Huntsville, AL on Wed Aug 24 2016

My last Odyssey was 9 yrs old and still beautiful...no major mechanical issues and passed on to a family member at 100,000 miles. The 2016 Odyssey design concentrates on safety issue with the Collision Warning system and the Lane Diversion System. The passenger mirror also has a feature indicating whether it's safe to make a lane change. If you don't use your turn signal and change lanes, the system beeps. This is great since people since to be neglecting the use of turn signals in my area. Love the comfort - only negative is that it takes a little time to figure out the radio!

This is my 3rd Honda Oddsey.

by Barb from Crest Hill, IL on Fri Jun 02 2017

I owned a '05 (best one) '10 and '15. The front seats are very uncomfortable for long rides, they removed the arm rests on the back seats by the middle isle so it makes you feel lopsided when sitting in the back and with 60,000 on it the transmission need to be replaced. Very disappointed in my Oddsey.

Does not recommend this car!!

did not buy

by Joe from Montana on Sat Oct 03 2015

I had every intention of buying a Honda Odyssey, but did not, because there is no leg room for the front seat passenger in the new Odyssey. That was not a good idea on the new design.

Does not recommend this car!!

More expensive than before but still great car

by odow from on Thu Dec 22 2016

Its spacious and reliable but price seems much higher now than before years. Now EX-L doesn't have tri-zone climate control. Only passenger side back seat has temp/fan control and not the other one or last row. New car gas tank takes 2 more gallons capacity than my 2008 odyssey but gives less than old car mileage :(

HondaGuys

by H from Glen Carbon, IL on Wed May 18 2016

Was able to get a discount and financing. Liked Toyota van but unable to deal. Dealer was good to work with. Like it much better than the Town and Country junker that it replaced.

best new car i have ever driven

by billybob from ohio on Fri Dec 25 2015

I love this car, fit and finish excellent, and the seats are more than I could ask for, like they kinda wrap around you and provide the most support. I would buy this car again without a doubt.

Loved it so much I bought it again

by Love my van from Upper Arlington, OH on Mon Feb 01 2016

I am super happy with my new van. I drove my 2014 version for 143,000 miles and loved it. I bought the lx version because I wasn't interested in all the fancy upgrades. I am very happy that I did. While it is the the "striped down" version - it has so many more features than my 2004 did that I feel like I bought a luxury vehicle. It is very comfortable to drive. I am so glad I didn't buy an SUV (:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7