2013 Honda Pilot consumer reviews

side view of 2013 Pilot Honda
Explore the 2013 Pilot Honda
Shop the 2013 Pilot Honda
2.6

Not impressed with this car at all

My Honda Pilot won't connect to my phone for hands free link. And no way to fix it. One of the reasons I bought the car is so I dont have to touch my phone while driving. And with a honda this isn't possible unless you can purchase an outdated phone that is compatible. The inside has cheap plastic in areas. Passenger door won't unlock automatic when the car is placed in park like the rest of the doors. Just not pleased after so many people raved how great Honda is. Well I disagree. Not a fan of Honda. Maybe they will improve something technology wise and interior wise. Can't wait to get rid of this pilot of junk. ( pile of junk) If you want a good car buy a Toyota. Toyota is compatible with any phone for hands free. Toyota dont have cheap plastic and isn't cheaply made. I wish I would have bought another Toyota!

Reliable, stylish, comfortable at beach & mountain

Bought car used in NC and had great years in warm humid flat conditions . Moved to CO and have enjoyed in Mountains, snow, ice. Performs well and is reliable.

First Honda I ever owned

I have a specific set of needs as I use a power wheelchair to get around: 1. Must have fuel fill on driver’s side. 2. Must have a towing receiver for my wheelchair lift. 3. Must have rear glass that opens independently of the hatch. The Honda Pilot checked these boxes and many more. Drives nice, gets good gas mileage, is comfortable, seats 8. I haven’t had it long, but I’m already in love with it.

The Best vehicle I’ve ever owned a Honda Pilot

I’m in love with this vehicle from 2010 to 2015 Honda Pilots. The best sophisticated looking vehicle in my opinion. Reliable and I feel safe. Thank you for this particular model it’s AMAZING

Very Pleased!

We are very happy with this car. Those who see it believe it's brand new and are surprised when we way it's 7 years old and with a great deal of mileage, but Hondas have a very reliable reputation and the dealers, Acura of Wappingers Falls, made sure it was in tip-top shape for us!

4.1

Family vehicle

I needed a bigger vehicle for a growing family. I like the look on the outside and the cleanliness of the vehicle. Just a nice vehicle.

Smoothest ride I have ever been on!

This car coasts like it is floating on clouds! It holds true to it’s name! It is extremely spacious & comfortable! This car is ideal for a family & their friends! I highly recommend this SUV!

3.4

Great Reliability, Lacks Power

We purchased our 2013 Honda Pilot new in May 2013. It's the loaded (for it's time) Touring 4x4 with every feature Honda had available. We traded in a 2004 Odyssey that had served us well, despite some transmission issues around 120k miles. We probably should have stuck with a minivan, but my wife was done with the soccer Mom look and wanted an SUV. I realized on our first long trip with the kids that the storage in the Pilot wasn't going to cut it and purchased a rooftop cargo box. I NEVER needed that with the Odyssey. As with most 3-row SUV's, there is just not much room behind that last town (unless you buy a Suburban or Expedition EL). After 7 years of hard use, the vehicle has held up remarkably well. The interior still look good and the paint is glossy with no fade. The car was mostly garage kept will helped. It has been very reliable, other than the front brakes which have suffered repeatedly with warped rotors. I've learned to replace the front brakes myself now to save $$. It's a very simple job really. The interior, especially the front dash, is very plasticky compared to other SUV's in the same class/year but that also lends itself to durability. The only real complaint is engine power. It feels

4.3

Great reliable car very comfortable

I like it because of it’s exterior style & design. The leather interior is nice cream-colored which complimented the dark dashboard. Performance-wise it’s powerful 3.5L engine is very reliable & strong enough to accommodate it’s sesring capacity of 8. I love the performance of this car & im going to make it last a long time.

Nice looks, options, charging system light?

Love the loaded options, light-colored leather, heated seats, sunroof, 3rd row seat, space in the back by just putting the seats down, DVD player, 6 CD changer, steering wheel radio controls, phone linkage for calls, voice controls. I needed something I could tow a trailer with and this will do that. But a problem I found after letting it sit a week is I already have a charging system indicator coming on, but the battery was at 90% and alternator showed it was fine, according to tests by AutoZone. Spurious issue? There’s a bulb that was out in the dome light the dealer should’ve found... And lastly, if you try to take the key out while in 4WD, even though you’re in Park, it may fight you and keep your key in the socket. You have to shift back to 2nd, take it out of 4WD, go back to Park, then shut off the car again and you’re good. Last person broke one of the keys off in the socket because of this. What a pain!