2009 Ridgeline

2009 Honda Ridgeline

2009 Honda Ridgeline

Have You Driven the 2009 Honda Ridgeline?

BEST TRUCK I SHOULD HAVE KEPT

by BIG DUMMY from Pittsburgh PA on Fri Jul 10 2009

Alright I had an 06 Ridgeline and like a fool, I sold it to save on gas. Biggest mistake I ever made. I feel like a mother that gave up a child for adoption:( Now every time I see a Ridgeline on the road, I look to see if it is my baby. The truck was awesome. It rode like a lazy boy with wheels and was a joy to drive. Only complaint was that it was not too quick in the acceleration department. Someday if my wife allows, I am going to buy another and never let go of it again. I dont care if gas costs $5 I wont sell it. This truck is worth it.

Great Multipurpose truck...

by Long bike builder from Brownstown, IN. on Tue Mar 23 2010

I bought my 2009 Ridgeline RT one year ago this month. I wanted another new Ram 4x4. My 1999 Ram was getting tired. I test-drove Rams, Silverados, Tacomas, Ridgelines and Tundras. After testdriving all of those it came down to the Ridgeline and the Tundra. They were the quietest and seemed to be the sturdiest of all. I mostly need a car, but on weekends I need a truck for pulling my car hauler to shows, going to the lumber yard, ect. The milage difference in the Honda with the ride-quality really pointed me towards the Ridgeline. Now one year later with zero visits back to the dealer with anything except oil changes, I can honestly say it is the perfect truck for me. I pull my 1932 Ford roadster, my 1927 T roadster truck and as many as 4 motorcycles all the way to central Tennessee on my 18' flat bed. I've hauled exactly 2,088 lbs. of pavers in the bed (3 times) from Menards in Columbus. I've never been dissappointed in my decision to buy the Ridgeline. I bought custom wheels the first week. Had it tinted all the way around the next weekend, bought the trailor wiring harness the next week and had it installed along with the trailor brake. Other than that, I've done nothing other than drive and enjoy. Zero problems! Never had that with domestic trucks. Dave B.

A Mult-use truck for the private owner.

by Leo from Missouri on Tue Nov 17 2009

I bought a 2009 Ridgeline two weeks ago. First weekend I loaded up our dirt bikes for a camp/ride deal. I was really surprized. Honda did there research on bikes. They fit perfect and strapped in never moved a bit. I did order the extender bar for the bikes. Plenty of power, drives great, hugs the turns. Totally different than my pickup truck. Also cut wood at the riding area and loaded in the back for camp fire. Coming from a full size truck single cab, I was impressed with all the room and cubbies for storing gear and also the trunk for riding gear. Had my larger sized buddies seat in it and they said there is plenty of room. Fast forward to second weekend; Deer season. Boy did I get looks on my new vehicle. Driving in the back woods with a temp sticker on the back window. After they gwaucked, complained, laughed; I proceeded to show them how multi-use the vehicle really is and saved the trunk for last. Chain saw and other gear in the locked trunk. One friend and I used it for two days traveling back and forth from the national forest. I think the real kicker was when we went in to the small town with about 25 deer hunters in orange standing there as we pulled in with deer in the bed. They all walked over to see what the heck. And I added a little by opening the tail gate as a door, which caused a few mummbled comments. So,,Now back home washed her up and ready to do more work,play or whatever. I am totally pleased with it. I do have an rv(3100lbs), to really put it to the test. Honda manual does suggest a sway bar and I will be putting one on it. They don't recommend weight distribution bars. I have to pipe in further when I do this. Right now, it is a pleasure to drive. Call it what you want, car truck, truck, suv, etc. I am using it.. Also, made right here in Lincoln Alabama, U.S.A. by american workers.

Ridgeline is Hard to beat

by Big Bear from Boston on Fri Jan 21 2011

I now have 98K miles on my 2006 Ridgeline, and it has been very reliable, and quite functional at times. OK, sometimes you get laughed at( like when you go to buy mulch and only one yard fits in the bed), but six trips later you have all the mulch that is needed. The locking compartment ubder the bed is still the most ingenious feature of any truck I have seen. I keep tools. luggage. golf clubs, baseball gear in there and there is never any water . For tailgate parties, the compartment emtpies out, I fill it with ice, and we now have the worlds alrgest beer cooler. My only downside on this truck is the gas mileage, I average 16.5 MPG with a mix of city and highway driving. Sometime I feel as though the 3.5 liter engine just has to work that much harder to pull tthe weight, but the Rudgeline drives like a car once you are off the line, I am seriously consideriding reupping for a 2011 model this fall. I cannot find a better midsize truck out there.

Honda Ridgeline RTL - Nighthawk Black

by Honda in Hawaii from Honolulu, HI on Mon Aug 10 2009

I purchased a new Honda Ridgeline RTL about 2 months ago. I traded in a 2004 Toyota Tacoma. I can't tell you how pleased I am so far. There are far to many PRO's to list, and I figure that anyone who is researching vehicles is somewhat like me and wants to read about CON's more than PRO's. First off, I was considering/researched the 2009 Tacoma, Nissan Frontier, Ford F-150 and Honda Ridgeline. I wanted another pickup and was looking for a crew cab that was also 4X4. After exhaustive research I narrowed my search down to the Tacoma and Ridgeline. Most of the narrowing process came from personal likes/dislikes during test-drives and with available features. That said I settled on the Ridgeline for 3 main reasons, lockable in bed trunk, better cargo lighting in bed, and interior comfort (leather, operator friendly bluetooth, back-up sensors and camera, power rear window). I love everything about this truck with the following CON's: 1. Only has power seat for driver, not passenger; 2. You have to pay extra for a full-size spare?? 3. Gear shifter is on steering column instead of center console and 4. Window tinting is only on rear windows. The CON's are not major - save the spare tire issue. And, as I've indicated earlier the PRO's far outnumber the CON's. The Ridgeline is more of the swiss-army knife of trucks. It is very good at so many things, but not great at any one thing. If you are the kind of person who is looking for an extremely comfortable truck for day-to-day commuting and routine truck-related activities (I tow my two wave-runners with no problem); take an afternoon to look at/consider a Ridgeline. If you are looking for a more heavy-duty, off-road beast of a truck; this is probably not the truck for you.

Very Reliable

by Ridgeline Owner 2 years from Niagara Falls Ontario on Wed Jan 12 2011

Haved owned this vehicle from new for 2 years 51,000Km. One, the wipers are not user friendly for snow, they do not lift as the hood blocks them. Dealer mechanic says they shut the car off when the wipers are half way up the windshield. they say the truck has thought of everything, using gloves, they missed the snow and ice. Everything is good nothing except the engine is great. Very dependable, not real good on gas. Do have a few little squeaks and noises that the dealer does not know how to find, or repair. The tonneau cover for the rear is overly expensive! If buying used be sure to check the cost of new hardware. So far have spent almost $300.00 for it without the cost of the used cover. Base of the drivers seat was broken and replaced by dealer. Very unhappy with dealer that l currently use. Great size vehicle for truck, for my use as a car mostly and hauling very little. Recently the windshield has cracked and run all the way across. Not covered by warranty. Most dealer service runs about $200.00. Not cheap to keep a Honda in good shape.

excellent pickup

by raz from Seattle on Tue Apr 20 2010

Turns fast and holds the road. Much better than the Colorado I use to have. I do not like the idea of no automatic headlights with interior lights that make me think the headlights are on. Mine did not come with fog lights and I will probably buy the Honda lights and put them on. Auto 4 x 4 is very good here in Wisconsin. Seats are comfortable, larger door handles work well.

Couldn't be happier

by Markus from Uniontown, OH on Sat Jun 16 2012

I have had my 09 Ridgeline for a little over a month now. The trunk is even bigger than I had expected. Love the dual action tailgate. On the inside I was blown away by all the storage. I was looking for a "practical" truck for a family guy and there couldn't be a better fit. The running boards are a must have option if you have younger kids because it makes it super easy for them to get in and out on their own. Plus it looks alot better with them! So far fuel economy has been really consistent at about 17.2 mpg and I am mostly driving in town. I am a very happy Ridgeline owner.

The best used pickup around?

by SHO4CY from Ankeny, IA on Wed Apr 29 2015

I bought my 2009 Ridge RTL used about a year ago now.. Also found a used Leer topper to put on the back. We mainly use the pickup for the wife's craft shows. What I love: - Excellent reliability - Ingenious storage options (rear weatherproof trunk with drain, flip up seats, center counsel, dual action tailgate, etc.) - Plenty of capability for what I need (1500 lb payload, 5000 lb towing) - Great sounding V-6 with adequate power - Very safe (Excellent crash test scores) - Composite bed (Will never rust) - Simple controls - The size of the vehicle is perfect. I used to own a 2001 F150 Supercrew King Ranch 4x4, too big. I would say the Honda has a similar interior volume as well. - You can roll down all four windows by hitting the unlock button twice on your key and holding down on the second push. (Can also do this by putting the key in the drivers door and holding to the right to roll down, left to roll up) - Great riding and comfortable vehicle (4 wheel independent suspension helps here) - Awesome VTM-4 four wheel drive system. Do the research on how it works, very unique. Only truck on the market with a front wheel drive based four wheel drive system. Also got me through fresh snow up to the fog lights, no problem. Didn't even have to use the VTM-4 lock or turn off the traction control. What I don't like - Gas mileage could be better (I average 17.5-18.5. Most I have seen on a single tank is 20.5) - Navigation is old school (Well known throughout the Honda line until more recently) but hey at least you can upgrade to new maps by DVD from Honda. - They are hard to find used. Hence the resale value is much higher than domestic trucks. People love their Ridgeline and hold on to them for a long time. You can include me on that list. The only truck I would trade this in on would be a new Ridgeline.

honda ridgeline is the greatest !!

by Jimmyglendale from Indiana on Wed Mar 28 2012

I'm getting 19-20 mpg in town, got 21.6 on one tank, this truck rides much better than the noisy 08 nissan frontier i had prior to this purchase. Plus i have 4 wheel reliability in the snow in the winter time. I am really happy with my purchase! I found a 09 with only 14k miles on it, creampuff. enuf said.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2009 Honda Ridgeline

Dare to be different: Four simple words that led us to try out for the track team when all our friends were playing basketball or to vote for a Democrat in Texas. Honda uses this same approach in developing its cars with mixed results. On the plus side are models like the Accord, a quick and efficient sedan or coupe availing its buyers to a spacious, well-appointed vehicle. Then there's the Ridgeline, the market's only unibody pickup that combines alienating looks with one of the truck world's best rides. For 2009, Honda has improved things with a bit more power, added features and a mild facelift, making this a worthwhile consideration for light-duty buyers. In terms of class-leading efficiency and... Read More