2001 Honda S 2000

A gem

by from Maine on January 31, 2010

After owning an S2000 for over 9 years, i can say without a doubt this car never gets old. Reliable as a rock and all the performance one could want. This is a drivers car wimps need not apply. If your looking for a vert just cause its a vert this is not the car for you. The S2000 is for the enthusiast driver that demands performance from their car. Reliability is rock solid, just make sure you do the maint. Weakest spot in the whole car is the rear differential and it will not give you trouble if you do not abuse the car. EX: drag strip launches etc. This vehicle is a track star if you desire to do so. The exterior styling still wows and draws looks 10 years after its introduction. The interior has all the creature comforts one needs. No it does not have the luxury items than again if your looking for that this is not the car for you. Why do I still own it after 9 years, simple its a gem that no matter how hard I look i cannot find anything that offers the same performance,reliability,looks and satisfaction of ownership. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

young mans car, but awesome

by from LA on November 2, 2010

I bought this s2000 to replace a 2000 boxster I sold in November of last year. The car is fabulous to drive with great power, tight shifting and wonderful tight steering( My wife says I scared her in this car) - loved it. The problem I had was getting in and out , and the too overall small fit. I am six 56 years old,6 feet and 190 pounds I guess if I were younger, maybe. The fit reminded me of my early triumph roadster GT6. Want a 911 !

Simply the Best I Have Had

by from CA on September 2, 2012

I searched nationwide for an S2000 when they first came out in 2000, but found the usual Honda dealer scams going on. I finally found one at MSRP at a remote dealer on the CA-Mexican border. In short, this is my best car ever. It's quick, handles like a go-kart, looks great, and has been 100% dead reliable. It has remained unmodified, unraced, and generally unabused amongst many that have been thrashed by youthful owners. My careful care has yielded 60K miles on the original clutch, brakes, shocks and all major components. The S2000 has a fantastic twin-cam four cylinder engine, with little torque at low revs. When the VTEC comes in at about 6000 rpm stuff starts to happen all the way up ti the 9100 rpm redline. The six speed gearbox is absolutely fabulous with quick, accurate gearchanges and well-spaced ratios. The extremely low rear axle ratio makes it quite busy on freeways and it is definitely not quiet. I have yet to exceed the capabilities of the chassis or the brakes. The cockpit is tight but effective, as a true sports car should be. It is not luxurious by any means, but the basics are there. The air conditioning is very capable and it does have power windows. Storage space is surprising, with a fair-sized trunk and loads of handy cubbyholes to stash stuff. Two people can do a weekend jaunt quite easily. I get 22-24 mpg on premium with no oil consumption, but it's kinda hard on rear tires, even with moderate driving. Count on 20K miles, with about 12K more on the fronts. I unconditionally recommend an S2000 to anyone who wants one of the last affordable two-seater roadsters ever made. Honda reliability makes it a most high-value used car purchase.

Great Handling Sports Car

by from Marco Island, Florida on May 15, 2007

Very good engine performance out of a four cylinder (240hp) machine, coupled to the six speed manual transmission. A little shy on bottom end torque, but that can be compensated for by keeping the revs high and in the right gear. It's definately a car you must learn to drive in order to take advantage of it's performance qualities. Not a car for around town driving stop and go. I love my S2000, plus it draws the attention of Corvette owners!

GREAT CAR

by from VA on May 17, 2007

THIS CAR IS GREAT ON GAS, IS A EXCELLENT PERFORMER. I PLAN ON DRIVING THIS MACHINE TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF.

Fun and Fast

by from on April 16, 2014

Great sports car. Somewhat rare to see. This car was clearly designed by a company who had passion for it. The handling, feel, look and performance is really something to be prized. If you're considering a roadster it's rated top of it's class against the z4 and boxter.

Fantastic!

by from Bristol, TN on March 17, 2010

I fell in love with the S2000 when it was introduced in 2000. This car is amazing, and handles like a dream! The gearbox is tight, and shifts smooth. I'm a relatively short guy, so, I'm 100% comfortable in it, and I love how all of the controls are driver oriented not all over the interior like most cars. Everything's where it needs to be. The car handles like a dream. I revere this car to be a Japanese masterpiece! Well played Honda, well played.

I love my S2K

by from Columbus, Georgia on June 28, 2017

4 cylinder this performance. Unbelievable. Good on gas milage. Perfect handling. Really good car for daily drive or fun.

Honda s2000 perfect sports car

by from piedmont,sc on April 26, 2017

The honda s2000 is the perfect sports car for the price. The car has excellent suspension steering transmission, and powertrain. The car performs perfectly stock. The x shape chasis creates a very rigid body which makes the car very responsive.

Most FUN car I've ever owned

by from Bemidji on June 5, 2017

I love this car. Truly a sports car. The performance is awesome and a convertible on a nice sunny day is hard to beat! The engine is amazing!