2008 Hummer H 2

2008 H2 rocks!

by from Metro Detroit, Michigan on March 22, 2011

I've owned this car for a couple of months and absolutely love it! I've owned Rovers and test drove new Escalades, and decided on the H2 due to its uniqueness, drivability, design, and the fact that there just aren't many out there. They aren't making any more, and I love it, so I plan to keep this car forever. My advice for an H2 shopper is to opt for the 2008 or 2009 model years, since the interior is vastly improved, and the engine has been upgraded. I prefered the 2008 over the 2009 since I did not like the rear seating in the 2009s (which were captain's chairs). I prefered to 2nd row bench seats that fold down into the floor, and I also have the 3rd row, which is very nice and comfortable for 3rd row. My H2 is quite powerful and easy to drive for such a large vehicle. I find myself making excuses to get in the car to go run mindless errands. Gas mileage is consistently 12-12.5 mpg for average driving -- not bad for an SUV. Pros: design, super fun to drive, luxury features, size, uniqueness, towing capacity, and the "cool factor". Cons: visibility is hindered a bit and gas mileage can always be better, but that's what you get for buying a large SUV.

Hummers rock

by from New York, NY on April 5, 2010

I have owned many hummers in the past, an 03, 2 06's, and now a fully done up 08. And wow, everytime i go out and drive it, its a different experience everytime. The ride is just amazing!!! Like honestly, im lost in words, the performance is awesome as well! and the reliability is superb. I would seriously recommend this to anyone. This is soon to become a collector's item since the belt was stopped, so hold onto your h2's ;)

awesome truck

by from on November 7, 2011

there are no words to describe the feeling you get when you drive a truck like the h2. i wish the hummer h2 was still being made because i would trade this one in for a new one

Hummer H2 2008 Black Luxury !!!

by from Brisbane on December 26, 2011

Best car ever !!! If you want a vehicle that is great on the roads and off road. There is no car that compares to this car.

Hummer H2 number 4

by from Florida on November 30, 2013

Result the most trouble free vehicles I've owned. This one I just purchased, which makes my 4th, replaced my previous 2008 special edition which may an untimely demise when my wife impacted a tree at 45 mph totalling it with 117,000 mi on it. I might also add that no serious injury to my wife or son occurred with this tremendous impact. These were problem free miles with only a battery replacement and a water pump beyond routine service. I can't recommend these vehicles enough. I only wish someone would buy the rights and let AM General make them again.

extremely reliable and same gas milage as most suv

by from chaplin,ct on June 8, 2008

this suv is excellent and reliable. people are misleading with the false acusations that a hummer in general is not fuel efficient- the h2 and the h3 both get the same milage as their competitors and are capable of towing large loads and more cargo than most. Highly recommend this suv. My h2 gets 14mpg in the city and 16mpg on the highway. ( my toyota tacoma v6 only gets 16mpg and i cant haul anything heavy with it)

The Man's Truck!

by from Miramar, FL on September 28, 2015

Back last April, I finally decided to buy a 4-door pickup but I wanted something different and opted for the H2 SUT. I did not like the regular H2 but loved the SUT idea. I bought my first one, a 2006 with 200K miles. It was in great condition and drove like a brand new one. With comfort and an amazing stability while feeing nimble - even with its size. The is a 3-Ton vehicle! The 2006 Hummer H2 SUT faulted by its engine and transmission. The engine is too light for the 3-Ton and the 4 speed transmission was rough. Even with such sluggish engine and transmission, and despites its noisy ride, I was happy until I discovered when looking for a way to boost its performance that the 2008 model came with 70 more HP and a 6 gear transmission!!! I immediately looked for one which I bought within 2 months. With the 393 HP of the 2008 model (boosted with a T1000 by 30 HP) this truck became ideal... I have comfort, power, weight and a smooth ride (on top of it, my new 2008 has the air suspension option!) To address the elephant in the room, the gas consumption, my H2 runs about 12.5 MPG in town. On my last road trip from Wyoming to Florida, I averaged about 14.5 MPG. Not bad at all!!! My advice, if you find a good one, get it... I am looking now for a 2009 one!

Awseome

by from springfeild on February 14, 2011

I bought my o8 H2 brand new ( regular SUV Version) Fully loaded. it great. My girlfreind had a 05 H2 and now has an H3. However I have still kept my Plymouth breeze. I kove both cars but my H2 more

King of the Hill

by from Phoenix, AZ on August 7, 2007

This is the #1 4x4 in th emarket. Nothing is better! It's very powerful and very capable too. I wouldn't recommend anything else.

First Hummer

by from Alaska on December 10, 2008

I have owned many other 4x4's, Japanese & American. Pickups, SUV's & one crossover. All high end. I am happier with the styling & performance of this H2 than any new vehicle I have purchased in the last 20 years. Gas mileage is about the same as any full size pickup or SUV.