Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2001 Accent

2001 Hyundai Accent

2001 Hyundai Accent

3.4

3 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2001 Hyundai Accent?

extremely reliable Car

by Allan from on Sat Jan 17 2009

Looks cute; always dependable. Best value for the money. Great commuter car for work or college. Repair bills and operating costs are practically non-existent.

Great Car

by Perry in SW burbs from Romeoville, IL on Wed Dec 17 2008

I bought this car new in Jan 2001 and am still driving it with 148,000 miles on it. I had an alternator put on at 96,000 miles, Besides tires and brakes thats all. Great Value and still running great. This was the first year for the 1.6 engine that I would recommend.

Very satisfied

by LikeCheapCars from Minneapolis on Sat Apr 24 2010

I bought my Accent new in May '01. It has just turned 90K. I had to replace the front oxygen sensor and the MAS but was able to do so myself with the help of a loaner OBDII code reader. Brakes haven't been the best, the heater only gets luke warm on the cold Minnesota days and the engine tends to ping in summer. But all things considered I got more than I paid for.

Best I Ever Had!

by PrincessMimi from Los Angeles, CA on Sun Aug 13 2006

I love this car. It is reliable and surprisingly peppy. It's an awesome commuter car and great on gas mileage. I bought mine new and hvae never had ANY problems. (My son will drive this car when he gets his license!) LOVE IT!!!!

What a starter car

by MGplz from Philadelphia PA on Sun Jul 16 2017

For the very low cost of buying one 15 years old, this car still runs like a charm. When I hand crank down the windows my friends remember when they had or had a parent who had those classic rolling windows. This car is a lovely charismatic beast.

Does not recommend this car!!

You get what you pay for.

by Good car for the money. from MN on Wed Oct 14 2009

Bought this as a second car to use in the city and haul the dog around. Love the fact that it SIPS GAS. 30 mpg in the city!!! A full tank cost me $45-50 when gas was at $4.50 a gallon. Interiors - OK. No CD player. Wind down windows. Cloth Seats. Feels underpowered after I drive my other car (Mazda6s 3L V6) but hey for the money it is a good car. Have had the checkengine light on for 2 yrs with no issues. Not a car I would baby and pamper but a cheap , at times reliable car to have.

only 86,000 miles and about to die!

by littlegirldriver from Marion,Ohio on Sun Dec 13 2009

I bought this car brand new "2001". Exterior is horrible.I have rust on my hood also I barely bumped something and it really dented. I cant imagine if I was in a crash. I can't back out without the car jumping when you switch into drive. I only have 86,000 miles on the car which is just city driving mainly. Replaced water pump and thermostat. Horrible in the snow.Good gas mileage. Single mom and perfect size for me and my 2 kids.

LOVE IT!

by OnlyLikeHyundaiCars! from Richlands, NC on Tue Oct 05 2010

I got my 2001 hyundai accent april 15 2009. Purchased used with no warranty. Still we got it home and not even a week later took back to the seller and informed him that the ac did not work. He still fixed it for us. This year on september 27 2010 my transmission has quit. I named my car cecillia. The car is from New York, has a tiny dent in the side of the back door on the driver side, has a cracked windshield, and has some rust around the tire rim, a bit on the dent, and probably underneath the car. We paid 3000 for her before tax title and tags. I would not trade her for anything or any car in the world! People, this is a cheep reliable car. I choose my accent over a 2002 ford focus and a 1999 ford escourt. My car gets 30 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway. It has never costed me above 20 to fill up the car. The car was used for everything for me not just one thing specifically, when I went somewhere she was ALWAYS the car I used. Bottom line is a great all around car. I would and do pamper this car a lot. Decorated with hello kitty interior and she looks as clean as she did the day I bought her. This car will last if taken care of properly.

Do Not Buy This Car

by Horrible from Houston, TX on Sat Sep 12 2009

Ok. So I got this car when I was 16. It was my first car. I paid paid 4,000$ for it and I bought it around 80,000 miles. It was a 2002. For the first 11 months the car was fine. Right when I got over 100,000 miles which is when the factory warranty went out, my transmission stooped working. Basically, my car could not reverse for a whole 9 months because it cost me 2,500 dollars to fix. I was in college at 17 and didn't have that kind of money. The A/C went out as well. So I went a summer and a half with out A/C in HOUSTON. Just recently, my transmission just went out again! Not even a year later from getting it fixed. I am not fixing it again. Please don't get this car. I can't wait to get rid of this car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Starts strong, but finishes poorly

by Disappointed from Arlington, VA on Mon Apr 28 2008

I've had my 2001 Hyundai Accent for just over 7 years now. It served me very well for the first 4 years: great gas mileage and cozy interior. The past few years however the "check engine" light is continually coming on. It's gotten to the point that I am spending $300-400 every 5 months on repairs (i.e. gas leak, evap emissions leak, etc. . I have never had a pleasant experience with the service departments at any Hyundai dealership: unprofessionalism and outrageous prices. I was charged $45 once just to be told that I needed to screw my gas cap on tighter. Although they make affordable cars, I so dislike the customer service and poor performance of the car after the 5 year mark that I do not plan to purchase from Hyundai ever again.

1 2