2004 Accent

$262 - $4,946  MSRP Range
2004 Hyundai Accent

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2004 Hyundai Accent?

Great value..

by Dan_R from Nebraska on Fri Jun 24 2011

OK, this is my wife's car actually, but most of the time I drive it - for better gas mileage. This is a GREAT car. Great gas mileage. Very low maintenance costs. And I can even do the oil change by myself (unlike my Subaru Impreza). We had never had any serious problems with it. Minor this and that issues were taken care of under the warranty. Only money we spent on it were for oil, air filter changes and tires. Major cons are: Noisy cabin, specially in HWY driving. No cruise control. Tight rear leg-room. Almost invisible AC on indicator (I hate this switch - it is impossible to see if it is ON or OFF when driving).

Reliable, Reliable, Reliable

by Hyundai Owner from Lancaster, PA on Wed May 13 2009

My wife and I both purchased Hyundai Accents in college. Hers is a 2003 and mine is a 2004 GT. both were bought new from the dealership. As traveling musicians, we toured a lot in our little cars up and down the northeast and midatlantic coast. I have put 115,000 miles on mine in only 5 years, and 105,000 on my wife's in 6 years. We never had any problems. only ever routine maintenance, most of which I've done myself. The only problem we ever had was a Crank Sensor that had to be replaced in her car. Other than that these cars has been nothing but reliable, and the trunk room is always a surprise.

Great little car for the money!

by AK from Bowling Green, OH on Tue Jun 17 2014

I have had my little Hyundai for 5 years (09-14). I got 'her' because she was the only car I could afford, but it was a wonderful decision! She has served me wonderfully. Reliable, great gas mileage, and dependable. She is now at 150k miles and only has a few little issues (broken horn for whatever reason). She has always had a little trouble driving in the mountains, but she trucks along. The interior has held up for the most part, but the exterior paint has bubbled and peeled. She averages 35 highway (38 on her best days). Great car for the money!

exclient little car

by mighty from reno navada on Sun Apr 08 2012

bought this car in may 2010 for 4200 this is the secont accent if had bought one in 2003 brand new drove for 2 years then traded in for a pt crusier huge mistake anyways this 2004 for is great I go 200 miles a day never lets me down ive read reviews that the automatic in these cars are no good mines a 5 speed i would not get this car in an automatic im a ford man i own 2 the accent was the first to come to mind win i went car shoping plese think about an accent if your shoping for a small car only get it in stick you wont be sorry

Practical, Reliable, Economic!

by Kbox from NY on Wed Nov 15 2017

Surprisingly excellent handle in northeast weather/snow! Responsive RPM/speed and zip. For a base-level Hyundai, it is utilitarian but attractive and comfortable. After 5 years, never one mechanical problem. Prior owner was family member and she too never had mechanical issue. If maintained, will run indefinitely -solid motor, transmission. Built to last. Lacks any feel of "luxury" but compensates with performance and efficiency.

Great little car!

by ErinE from on Tue Apr 28 2009

So reliable. Needed no repairs for the first 4 years. Had my choice of many hatchbacks when I decided to get a new car recently. For the price and quality, I went with another Accent. I'll miss the vertical seat adjuster in the 2009--they did away with it. That adjuster might have been my favorite feature in the 04. Great little car.

great car for the money

by Jody from Everett, WA on Fri Mar 11 2011

My kids and I think this car is great. The seats are very comfortable, so it's good for day trips. The mileage is really good. My son is learning to drive, and he's having an easy time of it with this vehicle. The steering and visibility are excellent. I don't have a single negative thing to say about this car.

Great little car

by TedB from Washington, DC on Tue May 16 2017

I bought my 2004 with automatic transmission used in 2006 with 32K on it. Now in 2017, still drive it every day, now with 103K. Mostly happy with it's reliability, good mileage, and surprisingly roomy size. The negatives are: clear coat paint is peeing, some rust in the corners, and no cruise control. It had a few minor issues, but overall, I am very happy I took a chance on it.

Great Car for Commuting

by JustAnotherDriver from Florida on Sat Sep 27 2008

My Accent has been dependable and fun to drive. It is also economical with great gas mileage. It is very spartan inside and not well suited for more than driver and one passenger. Because of its' small size, I stay away from interstates and fast city traffic. Regardless of safety ratings it is still a small car and will not fare well against an SUV. I mostly commute on less crowded secondary streets in a large city, so the car is well suited for my needs. If your requirements are similar, it is a super car. The one characteristic I'm not thrilled about is the Accents' low clearance. The front has scraped asphalt more than once because of speed bumps and other differences in road surface.

A little champion

by Rhonda from Seattle, WA on Sun Oct 01 2017

This is a reliable little car. Great for heavy traffic and tight parking spaces; it;s even a little zippy. I have driven this model before and enjoyed it. It has some extras but not too many, which is just what I was looking for. A basic car that works.

1 2 3