2009 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2009 Hyundai Accent
4.3
Average based on 8 reviews

Best subcompact for the money

by from California on October 23, 2009

I looked at a lot of cars this spring, subcompacts and subcompacts, and took my time. The Accent SE hatchback was the best bang for buck, and I have no regrets buying it. It was more fun to drive than the Fit, with more interior volume and a better warranty. I also got $1,500 cash back. I liked it's looks better too. No contest in my mind. The Yaris was too pricey for what you get. It was a bit small inside and the warranty was inferior to the Hyundai. I preferred the Accent hatch's handling and styling to the Yaris. I also considered the VW Rabbit, the Kia Rio5 (which I really liked too) and the Kia Soul. I couldn't stand looking at the Versa....it looked clunky and weird. In the end it was between the Soul and the Accent SE, and I think both cars were equal in value, style, fun and warranty. I didn't consider the base Accent, it was too "economy" for me, but the SE is a must-see for any small car shopper.

A Great Car For the Money

by from Alabama & Mississippi on November 3, 2009

I bought a Hyundai Accent because my neighbor was getting forty miles per gallon out of a 2005 Accent. I am getting about 28-30 mpg, but probably could do better if I watched my driving habits. I has a good solid feel to it on the road and has stayed steady when passed by 18 wheelers. I was amazed at the small amount of space it took to do a U turn after having a Nissan Altima. I can't haul as much in it as I could the Altima, but that is what pickups are for. I am very happy with my Accent.

$$$ Bang for the Buck $$$

by from San Diego, CA on February 27, 2009

Got this thing out the door for $9,500. On the way back from Lake Tahoe MPG was 39. Average is about 30MPG. $18-$22 for a full tank.

Commuter

by from Tacoma, WA on February 3, 2011

Bought the car 'cause I drive about 95 miles roundtrip everyday for my commute and gas prices are NOT to going down. Good solid feel on the windy back roads. Good price/value for a 4 door, power everything, still under manufacture warranty commuter car.

I have one

by from Phoenix az on February 28, 2013

I have owned a 2007 for 4 years.. been in the shop once for a $100 repair bill.. change the oil and go.

Good Little Car

by from Las Vegas, NV on May 14, 2014

We bought it about a month ago to run around town in. We've since also taken it on a 250 mile freeway trip and have no complaints about the car. It's quick, has an excellent air conditioner (we live in the desert south west). We were concerned that it wouldn't have enough power for long grades, etc. It was great; we didn't feel under-powered even with the air on. It is definitely an econobox but that is what we were expecting out of a $8500 car with it's mileage ratings.

Comfortable setting

by from Spencerport, ny on July 3, 2015

Doris was more than willing to help me get the car I needed under my budget and did whatever it took to get me there. She was very patient and thorough.

you get what you pay for

by from massachusetts on February 6, 2010

i REGRET buying the accent hatchback i payed 19thousand for it in 2006 and now in 2010 i owe way way more then its worth it only has 50k miles on it and since day one i have always had problems with the steering then the battery the check lights go off on the inside the headlights are always out..i have had to replace the tires on the car less then 1 yr of ownership .ughhh what a freakn mistake .i want to trade it in and get a car that will hold its value but i cant because this car has no value and i owe to much on it.IT HAS THE ROUGHEST RIDE EVER ITS LOUD AS HECK ..THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS CAR IS THE MILEAGE ITS VERY GOOD