2009 Accent

2009 Hyundai Accent

2009 Hyundai Accent

4.3

Have you driven the 2009 Hyundai Accent?

Best subcompact for the money

by Gillette from California on Fri Oct 23 2009

I looked at a lot of cars this spring, subcompacts and subcompacts, and took my time. The Accent SE hatchback was the best bang for buck, and I have no regrets buying it. It was more fun to drive than the Fit, with more interior volume and a better warranty. I also got $1,500 cash back. I liked it's looks better too. No contest in my mind. The Yaris was too pricey for what you get. It was a bit small inside and the warranty was inferior to the Hyundai. I preferred the Accent hatch's handling and styling to the Yaris. I also considered the VW Rabbit, the Kia Rio5 (which I really liked too) and the Kia Soul. I couldn't stand looking at the Versa....it looked clunky and weird. In the end it was between the Soul and the Accent SE, and I think both cars were equal in value, style, fun and warranty. I didn't consider the base Accent, it was too "economy" for me, but the SE is a must-see for any small car shopper.

A Great Car For the Money

by MississippiMS from Alabama & Mississippi on Tue Nov 03 2009

I bought a Hyundai Accent because my neighbor was getting forty miles per gallon out of a 2005 Accent. I am getting about 28-30 mpg, but probably could do better if I watched my driving habits. I has a good solid feel to it on the road and has stayed steady when passed by 18 wheelers. I was amazed at the small amount of space it took to do a U turn after having a Nissan Altima. I can't haul as much in it as I could the Altima, but that is what pickups are for. I am very happy with my Accent.

Commuter

by Commuter from Tacoma, WA on Thu Feb 03 2011

Bought the car 'cause I drive about 95 miles roundtrip everyday for my commute and gas prices are NOT to going down. Good solid feel on the windy back roads. Good price/value for a 4 door, power everything, still under manufacture warranty commuter car.

I have one

by Jay from Phoenix az on Thu Feb 28 2013

I have owned a 2007 for 4 years.. been in the shop once for a $100 repair bill.. change the oil and go.

Good Little Car

by 2Marks from Las Vegas, NV on Wed May 14 2014

We bought it about a month ago to run around town in. We've since also taken it on a 250 mile freeway trip and have no complaints about the car. It's quick, has an excellent air conditioner (we live in the desert south west). We were concerned that it wouldn't have enough power for long grades, etc. It was great; we didn't feel under-powered even with the air on. It is definitely an econobox but that is what we were expecting out of a $8500 car with it's mileage ratings.

A Trusty Road Companion

by BloominMeg on Fri Aug 18 2017

I've had this car for 5 years now, and its treated me well. For a little car, it has a decent kick, and good fuel economy. The only con I can find is that its so light it has trouble handling snow and ice.

most reliable gas milage is out standing

by countrygirl from racine wisconsin on Fri Apr 21 2017

Of all the different kind of cars I have ever owned gas milage is the best and in the winter it always starts, comfortable easy to drive for long distances just a great car

nice reliable gas saver

by Ox from on Thu Mar 30 2017

This car was great for my 1hr long commutes to work. I love manual shift in the snow, so capable and makes the car more fun to drive. You would not believe all the stuff I put into this car on its many trips to the hardware store, fold the seats down in the back and there is quite a lot of space. Slide some 2x4s up into the passenger foot well and oala. I got the no A/C option which made for a few hot days in the summer coming home from work, but rolling down the windows driving the back roads makes me think of simpler days.

Love my car

by Kandice from Kennesaw, Ga on Fri Apr 14 2017

I really love my car. It didn't come with all the upgrades I wanted but that was ok because it was affordable and it gets me where I need to go. I'm just glad it has power doors and windows unlike my last car which was the same year. It rides really smooth and is a good size for me and my 3 month old daughter.

had 4 yrs, drove ALL OVER country. Relaible!

by jayritt2 from las vegas, nv on Mon Feb 26 2018

drives good/reliable...but little sore over long drives. spent very little outa pocket for repairs, if any. would recommend to commuters, school kids. good car to buy as used.

1 2

Our Take on the 2009 Hyundai Accent

In a world of economic instability, any new car that can tout a sub-$10,000 starting price has a lot going for it. OK, it has exactly one thing going for it: It's cheap. But that doesn't necessarily mean a horrible driving experience — nor does it mean every trim level of said car is cheap.

That's where the Hyundai Accent fits into the marketplace. It's inexpensive, inoffensive and gets good gas mileage. While that may not sound like a ringing endorsement, the Accent holds its own in a crowded field, and that says a heck of a lot.

I tested a 2009 Accent; 2010 models are arriving at dealerships now with a few changes.

Changes for 2010