2007 Azera

4.6 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.9 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Surprised How Nice! Thoroughly Enjoying!

by car enthusiast and previous 1988 Hyundai owner from Cincinnati, OH on January 5, 2009

Owned car for about 5 months and have been thoroughly enjoying it! Owned a previous 1988 Hyundai and didn't think I'd ever own a Hyundai again. Went to a dealer to get a different car and ended up buying Hyundai after the test-drive and a fair amount of research. Don't just "think about it", try it! PROs - love the smooth, quiet engine; good power and acceleration; sometimes have to check the Tach to make sure car is on - transmission feels seamless; shiftronic is fun - beautiful, luxury interior; leather and faux-wood interior well-done; never thought I'd be driving such a luxurious car for the price - roomy interior; plenty of room for car seat and kids as well as full-size adults. - great sound system; love the steering wheel controls; perfectly located - very good standard safety features - love the auto headlights - ample trunk space - like lights in front footwells and on door bottom - good headroom - 17" alloy wheels are sharp - brakes are very good; good stopping power w/ right amount of power-assist; not too sensitive, not too hard - price was right; lots of typical luxury features that I didn't have to pay extra for - love the heated, leather seats - storage compartments/nooks are useful and represent some thought - driver sits a little bit higher than most other cars; both of us are relatively short so we like it - cruise control works great; no drift - mileage has been good for this size car; ~18mpg/city, 27-29mpg/hgwy - service at dealership has been quite good thus far - looks sharp and sophisticated, but not loud; have received many compliments CONs - suspension is a bit undisciplined; would probably prefer firmer feel, although I do like the luxury ride and wife fully approves - center console sqeaks when you lean on it - horn is embarrassingly whimpy sounding; kids/wife laugh anytime I use it (very rarely); horn upgrade needs to be commensurate with the stature of the car - rear-defroster could work a little more quickly - transmission is a little slow kicking into drive from reverse - front cup holders leave doubt as to whether they'll work, although I haven't had problem yet - water can drip into trunk when opening after rain

Smart choice

by PM from Connecticut on April 30, 2013

I've owned my 2007 Azera Limited for over a year and feel I can give an accurate review. This car is a really practical midsize sedan. Comfort, power, reliability, and amenities all make this first gen Azera one of the best used cars for the money. I will give you what I believe to be the most noticeable pros and cons for this car. Pros: Drive-train - Good fuel economy for the size engine with plenty of power to boot. The transmission shifts smooth and efficiently in the low gears. Room - plenty of interior and trunk space. Ride - This car was made to be driven on the highway; if you have long interstate commutes, this car is perfect for that. Plus it's super quiet. Features - Leather, sunroof, telescoping wheel, to name a few. Cons: Interior materials - abundance of cheap plastics. Transmission - Shifts good but this car/engine could use one more gear. 5 gears is limiting the car from even better mpg potential and the overall behavior of the tranny. Seat bottoms - too short; seems to be a problem with a lot of cars nowadays, but with a car this big, Hyundai could've added another 2"...would've made a world of a difference. Suspension - as noted great on highways, disaster on windy back roads and uneven pavement. I would equate the suspension to a 90s Buick. If you do a lot of city driving, I would look elsewhere. This car is a good entry level quasi-luxury car. To me the main thing that separates it from a Lexus GS/ES or Acura TL is the suspension. I wish they firmed up the suspension just a bit for a more sporty feel. It took me about 8 months to accept the suspension for what it was set up for - highway cruising. All in all I have been relatively satisfied with this car and I plan to keep if for a few more years. Best wishes!

Love my AZ

by My AZ from Harrisburg, PA on December 7, 2009

Purchased my 07 AZERA used this year. I was looking for one with low miles that was priced right. Have to say, I love the car. Finally found one to my delight. People when they see me think it's a Lexus which I proudly correct them. It rides and looks like a much more expensive car and the interior is plush. If your looking for an inexpensive car that has luxury everything, the AZERA may be your car. Hyundai great job on this one!

My most favorite car ever!!

by Ken from Sunnyvale, CA on May 18, 2008

This car is awesome! It has luxury features found in cars costing many thousands more. The handling is terrific, it is extremely comfortable and quiet, and has all the gadgets and goodies that anyone would want. I have owned a BMW, a couple Mercedes, a Volvo, Range Rover, and an Audi--this car is by far my most favorite. Plus I feel so good about the price I paid for this car compared to all of the others. Congratulations to Hyundai--keep up your great work! Incidentally, my Magellan portable GPS fits perfectly in a spot just above the ash tray--looks like the car was made for this GPS. I love this car!!

Great Features; Great Benefits; Great Value

by My Azera from New Jersey on December 25, 2007

Purchased end of year 2007 Azera to replace Cadillac CTS at lease end. Azera has more overall interior and trunk space than CTS, quieter ride and softer seats. Zero percent financing and best warranty in the business did not hurt either. Also compared to Honda Accord and Toyota Camry and on price, creature comforts and ride there is no comparison. The engine noise in the Camry was surprisingly disappointing as was the level of quiet when accelerating with the Azera. Purchased the Limited with Premium Package and put a pin stipe on it to give it a little nicer appearance as I find the overall exterior look of the vehicle to be bland. This and the mis-stated MP3 on the radio are my only complaints. Thought the MP3 would include a jack interface for a iPod but it does not. It refers to MP3 CD's. Lesser cars now have this interface so I am not sure why the Azera does not. The Azera cost approximately $14k less than a equivalent CTS and about $2-$3k less than a lesser featured Camry. My teenage son told me his friends asked how his dad could go from a Caddy to a Hyundai and he told them it had everything the Caddy had and more at a much lower price. Then he gave them a ride. They were all sold. Enough Said.

really like

by guy from Chicago, IL on August 5, 2010

all around good car. Bought used off a 1 year rental car lease with 9,600 miles. have put 40,000 of my own and the only issue i've had is a fog light bulb replacement. Not bad. comfort is good, performance is good, very peppy with the 3.8 L 263 horse. really glad i bought this car.

AWESOME

by not quite a grandma from louisiana on July 11, 2008

i traded in a 2004 buick lesabre that was good, but looked like a grandma car. my husband took me to look at the 2007 azera limited and i fell in love with it. i love the look and feel of the car. mine is ivory pearl with black leather. i would definitely buy another.

Rented but now might buy one!

by ButchieK from Weymouth,Ma on July 27, 2007

We rented this car for a 2 week vacation and have put over 3,000 miles on it.The FIRST thing you WILL notice is how quiet this car is.I tried to restart it once when it was already running! I have never driven a car so quiet at highway speeds that you can have a soft conversation with someone.The power and handling are superb.I can't imagine how ANYTHING can beat this car at this price.I was only renting it for a vacation,but now may end up buying one,it's that good!

Better than luxury models

by Car Guy from South Carolina on August 2, 2007

Researched and tested Lexus, Infiniti, Acura and others for six months. Always came back to the Azera. Did not consider cost and still came back to Azera. Has more of the safety and luxury features that I want. Rides great, performs very well. MPG is better than I anticipated. Everything still works great and it still looks great at 3,500 miles. The interior and exterior styling are excellent. The instrumentation and control layout are simple, functional and user friendly. Inside and out, it LOOKS like a luxury car. Then you get to play with the toys. Mine does not have Nav, bluetooth, etc., but I didn't want them anyway. Owned Saabs, 300Z, Rx 7 and Camary XLE V6 in past. This car is better overall. Try it - you'll love it.

This car changed the image of Hyundai

by I will buy porsche for second car from CO on January 13, 2008

When one of my friends bought a sonata, I was surprised by his decision and later surprised again because of its quality and performance--actually this gaves me motivation to test drive azera. I owned a mini cooper s but needed a large sedan for my new baby. Thus, I would purchase a sonata so visit a hyundai dealer. The dealer recommended azera and I test drove it for a week. In the week I also visit an acura dealer and an audi dealer and tested rl, a4 and tsx. However, I finally purchased an azera. If test drive it,then, hard to turn over the other vehicles. Now, I have owned it for 7 month and drove 11k mile so far. But I couldn't find any problem.

1 2 3 4