2012 Azera

2012 Hyundai Azera

2012 Hyundai Azera

5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2012 Hyundai Azera?

Excellent car!

by First time Hyundai buyer from Maryland on Sat May 19 2012

Bought my Azera base two days ago and continued to be impressed with Hyundai's attention to detail. Long time Honda owner, Hyundai takes it to the next level with this car! Was worried about fuel economy but seeing 25-26 mpg mixed city/country driving. Smooth cruising car with solid dynamics, but no 3-series BMW. Interior is top notch(!!!) and is extremely comfortable. Has more leg room than my Honda Pilot. What sets the Azera apart is that it has "personality"...from design to cool lighting package Mistake not to check it out!

Azera Rocks

by Ricksterlhp from Lighthouse Point, FL on Wed Aug 22 2012

Car drives like others in the class above this. Quiet, smooth and efficient. Drove car through tropical storm. Had good handling and visibility in torrential rains and gusty winds. Satellite Radio and Navigation system stayed up throughout the drive. Nav system showed me driving over water on the I-10 bridge though and ask me to continue on the selected route! Funny stuff! I had some trouble syncing the IPOD to the media center but figured it out. Got 29 mpg on the highway on second tank with Eco button on. Love the panoramic sunroof. Definitely one of the best cars for the money I driven for years.

Get One

by Grand Tour from Midwest on Thu Aug 09 2012

What a great long haul driver and a very nimble city driver especially for such a roomy car (the trunk is huge). The back up camera is something I've never had, but could not do without it now. Wish it had a easier to use Nav System or at least one that is up-to-date, high intensity discharge lights should be standard (or at least opitional). Wish I would have gotten the tech package, but am overall happy (except for the GPS) with the car.

What an AWESOME car!!!

by CHAZ1973 from Tennessee on Tue Oct 30 2012

I drove a white 2012 Azera in Memphis and loved it. I saw an advertisement for the same vehicle with the Tech Package for five grand less in KY. I caled to see if they still had it because I was 6 hours away. We dealt over the phone and I drove 6 hours to Nicholasville the next day to test drive it. The car now sits in my garage. I'm lovin' EVERYTHING about it. I traded my Sonata for it and I believe it's the best car purchase I've made. The dealership is all about Customer Service and giving you the best bang for your buck. Brand new dealership and it was definately worth the drive.

Beautiful and POWERFUL

by Senior in body - Young at Heart from on Sun Jan 20 2013

The Azer's striking design sets it apart from it's competitors. The 293 HP V6 engine is amazing. The Technology Package provides almost all the features you could ask for. I have only two suggestions to Hyundai: Offer a heated stearing wheel and auto dimming outside mirrors.

Very Impressed

by Our First Hyundai from Virgina on Mon Jun 25 2012

Went in to purchase a fully loaded Sonata but quickly decided on the more expensive Azera based on improved styling, interior comfort, v-6 engine, and other high end features most commonly found in higher priced sedans. Outstanding value for the money.

2012 Azera

by kiki from Waynesville, Mo on Sat Oct 13 2012

Love the interior of the 2012 Azera with Technology Package. The heated and cooled seats are a big bonus. Great stereo, comfortable ride and excellent engineering. The only thing I would make better is more quiet interior..but even that is really good, equivalent to my MKZ.

What a wicked car

by AZONE9722 from Tennessee on Wed Oct 31 2012

WOW!!! is all I can say. What a wicked car. These LED lights are soooo SWEET. I purchased the Azera with the Tech Package. Although I didn't get the color I wanted, I got the next best one which is in Silver in my opinion and getting it with the Tech Package made a huge difference. The Panoramic roof is top notch. Love the way it opens. With the 19" tires I was worried it would be a very bumpy ride. I was impressed (nice and smooth) to say the least. 5 stars all the way around. I traded my Sonata in for the Azera and it was one of the best decisions I've made as far as car buying is concerned. Thanks Hyundai for knocking this one out of the park.

awesome!

by mom again from Sevierville, TN on Wed Jan 08 2014

I bought my 2012 Azera after a lot of research and looking right after they hit the market. I was downsizing from my minivan but still needed a roomy vehicle for my second go around at kids. I also have grandkids that need to go with me so I needed a roomy backseat. I got just that. It is a sleek great looking car and with the tech package a great deal. I get compliments on this car everywhere I go and I can't brag on it enough. I even had someone up in my garage one day looking around my car asking what kind it was. It is great on the highway and around town. If I had to say anything negative about my car is that my 6'1" husband has a hard time getting in and out of it but with the memory seats on the door and power steering wheel adjuster it is easy for him to adjust everything before he gets in. It is a great family car as well as sharp looking. Hard to find both of those in the same vehicle. I have not had it to the shop except for oil changes and one recall so it has been extremely reliable. I compared this car to the Avalon and the Genesis but the Azera beat them both hands down for features and price. My kids love our car and the only thing they now miss about the mini van is the built in DVD player. Not so bad for me because now they have to communicate with me and we sing a lot more! If you are in the market for a nice sedan this is definitely the car for you!

This is the best car I have ever had. Its amazing

by Realtor who loves her car from Provo, Utah on Sun Mar 04 2018

This car rides so very smooth it gets great gas mileage. love the heated seats and the back up monitor. Love the blue tooth so I can talk to clients on the phone in my car. love this car its the best car I have ever owned.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2012 Hyundai Azera

Editor's note: Estimated mileage ratings have been lowered to reflect a November 2012 EPA audit of this car's stated mileage.

The Hyundai Azera full-size sedan got an extreme makeover (auto edition) for 2012 (see it compared side by side with the 2011 model here). In size and price, the Azera competes with the Toyota Avalon, versions of the Ford Taurus and even the Hyundai Genesis sedan, though the latter is rear-wheel drive while the others have front-wheel drive (see a comparison).

The redesigned 2012 Hyundai Azera has almost everything you'd ever want in a large luxury sedan, for half the price, but a couple of shortcomings annoyed me day in and day out.

Rather than getting customers in the door... Read More