2016 Genesis

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

MOST COMFORTABLE AND QUIETEST CAR I HAVE OWNED

by BJCASPIANBLACK from Washington on April 30, 2016

EASY TO LEARN FEATURES. GREAT SAFETY OPTIONS. NICE LAYOUT OF THE DASH. MANY SOFT TOUCH POINTS. NICE STYLING. FUN TO DRIVE IN SPORT MODE. AT LEAST $15,000 LESS THAT OTHER CARS IN ITS CLASS. NOW ITS OWN GENESIS LINE.

Great Sedan

by MikeA from Monroe Township NJ on July 28, 2016

After driving an SUV for the last 6 years moving to a sedan was a big step for me. I couldn't be happier though. The Genesis is a comfortable ride with great pick up. The car says elegance inside and out. I love this car. The ride is a little bumpier than the truck I was driving but I'll be very happy driving this beautiful sedan.

great value when bought used

by PGA1AB from Springboro Ohio on January 17, 2018

Just bought a 15 month old 2016 CPO (off lease, 1 owner per Carfax) with 25K miles on it. AWD, signature and tech package. Got it for $20K under MSRP. 45 months and 35K of new car warranty remaining plus power train warranty to 10 yr/100K miles. I have only had it a month now but no issues to report. I love the car's AWD and safety features. I traded in a 2013 3.8 (bought as a 15 month old CPO). Previous Genesis did not like Ohio winters so much. In three years that I owned it, the only maintenance required was oil changes and a 60K checkup. It was a great car! Hope this turns out to be the same. Choose harder to find 2016 CPO model over more plentiful 2015s coming off lease because of the change in bumper to bumper warranty. Prior to 2016, Hyundai's new car electronics warranty period is 3 yr/36K miles, 2016 version and newer is 5yr/60K miles. This car has a ton of high end electronic safety features so it was a significant decision factor. Plus 2016 Genesis model is identical to the 2017 G80 so it still looks fresh. Hope this helps you in your auto purchase.

Excellent Value and Impressive Quality

by dfitzgerald from Texas on March 6, 2017

We have owned the Genesis for just over 2 months now and have put about 1400 trouble-free miles on it. This is an amazing car! It is quiet, powerful, comfortable, filled with technology and has a stunning design both inside and out.

Genisis - give it a try

by Andrew P from Danville, IN on May 7, 2017

So far, so good. Really enjoy most of the exterior styling. Could have done more with rear. Navigation system is a bit quirky. Not a performance car in my book but very comfortable to drive.

BMW to Hyundai

by Luxury Enthusiast from on July 27, 2016

I drove BMW for years and went to the Genesis. It has a lot of features and a lot more comfortable than my BMW. I highly recommend this vehicle. After 30 years of experience in luxury vehicles, I am highly impressed with the Genesis.

Shallow Facade....Poor Resale Value!

by SG11 from on May 30, 2017

I own a 2016 Hyundai Genesis, the MSRP was $51,000. It is a fully loaded 3.8 rwd in Ibiza Blue. It has 12k miles , and I leased it 14 months ago. It is a nice looking car , drives well but financially after all it still a high priced Hyundai wrapped in a $50k gold-plated wrapper. Look at the residual values, they lose 40-45% after year 1. In FACT, my lease value for Year 4 at end of lease is about what my trade in is NOW at 14 months OLD . It looks pretty , drives well but you'll be stuck when you want to sell it.. or move on.. Also, the kicker is the 2017's, get 3 years complimentary maintenance, 3 year service valet where they pick up your car & give you a loaner, 3 years Sirius , 3 years Blue link, and 3 years map updates. All include!!!. Anyone owning a 2016 or before doesn't get $1 of the thousands of added value of the 2017's. To add insult to injury I have to pay $450 a year for the optional Blue link , which is now FREE, and the car loaded costs $1,000 less than my 2016. Something is wrong with this picture!!! In my experience, Hyundai Genesis products is truly poor in customer happiness.... wait for "Genesis to have established its own identity... and separate brand Dealerships to handle their cars. I don't believe Hyundai is committed to its "Genesis " clients, Genesis product staff, and not sure what Genesis will become - Their customer service has been poor, and they rely on that we have good value products without having the DEEP foundation of personal touch support, especially for going into the $50k +car market. Please research the 2-3 year residuals before buying. The depreciation on A 2016 Hyundai Genesis is twice the industry average!

Does not recommend this car!!

Amazing value regardless of price!

by ogogolby from Sutton, MA on March 23, 2017

I write as a German car snob who now drives a Korean car. I traded my S550 AMG Mercedes for this vehicle swearing never to pay $100K+ for another automobile. It's not as classy as the Benz, it's not quite as fast as my BMW 535 and doesn't handle quite as well as my Audi A8 but when you add everything up - this car is amazing! It's fast enough (0-60 in 6.5 secs), very comfortable, loaded with every amenity and technology that you can think of (more than my S class) and with the Genesis badging front and rear, I'm constantly hearing "Is it a Bentley?" For new Genesis owners - I highly recommend a 4 wheel alignment because mine arrived very slightly out from the factory but after alignment the handling improved dramatically. I'm was also surprised and pleased that Genesis delivers the excellent performance with regular gas. I'm so used to using 93 octane, I have occasionally filled up with it and no difference! Pros: technology, heads up display, fit & finish, performance, value. Cons: The A pillar placement stinks - causing a significant left front blind spot. No massage in seats - (added in 017).

Luxury Car - Budget Brand and Service

by Drones from Colorado on December 20, 2016

Dealer did a nice job in sales process. However, I leased my car and it has been a nightmare dealing with Hyundai Finance. From the very start I had to argue with them and the dealer and get the regional sales rep from Hyundai involved to correct the lease payment to what my contract stated and was correct. Then 15 months later i get a late payment from Hyundai saying I owe $90 due to my taxes going up six months ago - which was not accurate - and never getting a change to my payment or notification. They collect my payment (the correct original payment every month and verify it's collection) and then randomly decide to tell me they think the payment changed due to a tax change and I now owe $30 more a month on my lease payment. Terrible. This is so sad. The Genesis got me out of premium brands to this budget brand. I like the car but obviously the dealers, the finance company (Hyundai Finance) and the manufacturer are still budget!

Does not recommend this car!!

THIS CAR IS THE FUTURE.

by FLASH G.CAR ENTHUSIASTS. from MONROE MI. on February 20, 2017

THE GENESIS IS SPORTY LUXURY COMFORT AND PERFORMANCE AT A GLANCE.THIS CAR STARTIG AT 21000 NICELY EQUIPPED CANT BE BEAT.I MEAN THE NAME SAYS IT GENESIS THE NEW BEGINNING OF LUXURY SEDAN.!

1 2 3