2007 Santa Fe

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

Have You Driven the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe?

A lot of car for the money

by Northeast Hyundai Owner from Scranton, PA on Sat Dec 22 2007

I have owned the 2007 Santa Fe limited FWD 5 passenger SUV for 6 months and I have driven just over 8000 miles without any problems. Previously, I put 120000 miles on my 2001 Elantra and it never let me down. I have driven the Santa Fe under nearly every condition. Even though it does not have AWD it handles well in the snow. Coming from my Elantra, which basically had a gas and brake pedal I could definitely see the benefit of the Traction Control and ESC along with the ABS. I have kept track of every fill up since I purchased my car and on average I get 16.5-18MPG in exclusive city driving, 22-25MPH exclusive highway driving (65-80MPH), and in mixed driving I get around 20-22MPG. The CD player does not have a stereo mini jack however that isn?t really a deal breaker. The stereo will play MP3 CDs so I can burn over 100 songs to a single disc using the MP3 format and have plenty of traveling music. Also, the Santa Fe?s stock radio will display all of the MP3 track data including song title and artist all the while allowing me to control my music from the steering wheel controls. I appreciate the extra recessed storage compartment in the floor of the cargo area. It is spacious and can be subdivided. The front cup holders are lighted which is a very practical touch. The washer fluid reservoir will hold over a gallon so it lasts a long time between fills. The engine and transmission are smooth and acceleration is perfectly adequate. The engine produces 242 hp but it isn?t a light vehicle so they balance out. I never have any trouble getting up to speed or passing, but it is no rocket. I would have purchased the 7-passenger version but the 3rd row seats really aren?t for adults. My biggest complaint is in the front row headroom. I am 6?1? and if I put my seat in the most comfortable position, which for me is more upright, my hair, which is not long, touches the ceiling. I do have a moon roof so I lose a few inches there but in an SUV headroom should not be an issue and it is. Also, when I adjust the steering wheel to a comfortable position it completely obscures my high beam indicator light. It is very easy to forget your high beams are on when you can not see the indicator. Neither of these things are deal breakers, but something to consider if you are taking a test drive.

safest car I ever owned

by pleasedowner from west point, ms on Fri Jul 30 2010

I totaled one just like it a month a go, walked away without a scratch. I have the santafe limied, I am very pleased with this vehicled

A few issues

by A first time Hyundai owner from St. Louis, MO on Wed Sep 10 2014

I have had my santa fe since 2008. In 2010, the throttle position sensor went out. The suv would not go over 10mpg even with the gas pedal to the floor. That was $800. The hinges that hold the sun visors keep breaking causing the visor to swing freely and not stay up at night. The passenger side broke first and I've never had anyone in my vehicle to use it, ever. The mechanic fixed it for free with simply a screwdriver. Now, the driver side is broken and swinging freely and now, they tell me that they have to order a new visor! Naturally, it was out of warranty by a month so both issues cost me some major money! They did pay for a rental for me, so that helped during the week they had it BUT it took a BIG bite out of my checking account. When I first start it and put it in drive, the entire frontend shimmies a bit but they say they cant fix it till it goes out completely, whatever 'it' is. These are all issues I've had with no other cars I've ever owned!!!!! It holds alot in the cargo area but the gas mileage could be much better, like what they said it should bel Still, I would consider buying another one when that time comes unless I can find a great deal on another make of SUV.

our 07' Limited Santa Fe

by The Santa Fe from Louisburg, N.C. on Fri Feb 25 2011

By far the nicest car/SUV i've ever owned. Trouble free and a very high quality vehicle. We sold it at 75k miles and the original brakes were still at 50%

Extremely comfortable and reliable

by General Driver from Redmond,Wa on Sun Nov 29 2009

This SUV rides better than the CTS we owned previously and is much more adaptable to everyday projects.

This car will stay in the family!

by RIfam from North Kingstown, Ri on Thu Jun 22 2017

I love this car! Being mostly used now by my 6 ft. teenager because it has such great leg room. I miss driving this because its so comfortable and the interior is pretty quiet.

Very Impressed

by Very Pleased from Arkansas on Tue Jan 06 2009

Purchased a 2007 Santa Fe GLS in August 2007. Now after 22,000 miles I still remain impressed by this SUV. I never thought I would enjoy driving a Hyundai but I am! Haven't had a lick of trouble from it and get compliments on its looks all the time; passengers are always amazed at the blue interior lighting. The base 2.7 liter V6 engine has gotten quicker and smoother than when it was new which is very impressive. Even though the headlights aren't automatic, you can leave the switch on and they turn themselves off once the key is removed (a feature I like). My only complaint is the tires that come on the vehicle, they are quite noisy and plan to put quieter ones on when the time comes. Overall very pleased!

Reliable and the Style is just beautiful

by Lindak from Saylorsburg, PA on Sun Jan 21 2018

It is solid around me. I had a really bad in injury that resulted in a disability. It affected my leg and therefore I have a titanium rod in the lower leg. I cannot allow anything further to happen to my leg or I risk amputation. This car let's me feel safe and confident. Leg room is awesome, mileage is really good considering it's 11 years old. I had a 2004 Santa Fe before this. I loved that too! These cars are meant to last a lot of miles. The paint doesn't lose luster or have problems which keeps rust at Bay. I have needed few repairs. I can fit 7 people in this car. I live in the Poconos and we get serious weather in the winter. I feel confident with my AWD. It's just a solid vehicle and this particular 2007 Santa Fe Limited I have is awesome! I love them!!

Best little SUV

by Toni from Leesburg ga on Mon Apr 24 2017

Love this vehicle! Super comfortable- reliable!! Comfortable ride- great for long distance or short trips around town.

Excellent Adventure outing and grocery getter

by kayaker from Elk Grove , California on Wed Oct 29 2014

I bought my 2007 Santa Fe in October of last year so I've had it for about a year now and I have enjoyed every trip in it so far. It is a great family hauler, grocery getter, and field trip transporter, and soon to be kayak hauler/ mountain bike carrier. Only one problem with fuel level sensor which I see is a common problem with this model but it has not changed my opinion of this vehicle. It has been a blessing. I added a hitch and some dress up items and it looks sporty and drives like a charm. Absolutely love it. Will keep it till it or I no longer moves.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

If we were to pick the best redesigned SUVs for 2007, Hyundai's Santa Fe would be among the finalists. The overhaul gives new life to a model that was desperately in need of an update to stay competitive in the midsize body type SUV segment.

The new Santa Fe is larger and its engines are more powerful, but it also gets better gas mileage than its predecessor. The newly optional third-row seat increases the maximum seat count to seven, and the new cabin's overall refinement is surprisingly good. It also has numerous standard safety features and an impressive warranty.

Going & Stopping
The Hyundai Santa Fe is offered with a choice of two V6 engines. The base GLS... Read More