2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
4.5
Average based on 55 reviews

A lot of car for the money

by from Scranton, PA on December 22, 2007

I have owned the 2007 Santa Fe limited FWD 5 passenger SUV for 6 months and I have driven just over 8000 miles without any problems. Previously, I put 120000 miles on my 2001 Elantra and it never let me down. I have driven the Santa Fe under nearly every condition. Even though it does not have AWD it handles well in the snow. Coming from my Elantra, which basically had a gas and brake pedal I could definitely see the benefit of the Traction Control and ESC along with the ABS. I have kept track of every fill up since I purchased my car and on average I get 16.5-18MPG in exclusive city driving, 22-25MPH exclusive highway driving (65-80MPH), and in mixed driving I get around 20-22MPG. The CD player does not have a stereo mini jack however that isn’t really a deal breaker. The stereo will play MP3 CDs so I can burn over 100 songs to a single disc using the MP3 format and have plenty of traveling music. Also, the Santa Fe’s stock radio will display all of the MP3 track data including song title and artist all the while allowing me to control my music from the steering wheel controls. I appreciate the extra recessed storage compartment in the floor of the cargo area. It is spacious and can be subdivided. The front cup holders are lighted which is a very practical touch. The washer fluid reservoir will hold over a gallon so it lasts a long time between fills. The engine and transmission are smooth and acceleration is perfectly adequate. The engine produces 242 hp but it isn’t a light vehicle so they balance out. I never have any trouble getting up to speed or passing, but it is no rocket. I would have purchased the 7-passenger version but the 3rd row seats really aren’t for adults. My biggest complaint is in the front row headroom. I am 6’1” and if I put my seat in the most comfortable position, which for me is more upright, my hair, which is not long, touches the ceiling. I do have a moon roof so I lose a few inches there but in an SUV headroom should not be an issue and it is. Also, when I adjust the steering wheel to a comfortable position it completely obscures my high beam indicator light. It is very easy to forget your high beams are on when you can not see the indicator. Neither of these things are deal breakers, but something to consider if you are taking a test drive.

safest car I ever owned

by from west point, ms on July 30, 2010

I totaled one just like it a month a go, walked away without a scratch. I have the santafe limied, I am very pleased with this vehicled

First, Last and Only Hyundai

by from Denver, CO on June 7, 2016

We are the original owners, 9 years, and the car has never been driven hard and is very well maintained. Aside from 2 minor warranty issues, 2 recalls and replacing the alternator was considered a good reliable automobile. After 8 1/2 years and 43000 miles has been in shop twice for worsening valve noise that apparently isn't bad enough to repair under warranty. Currently siting idle waiting for service appointment for noisy valve, fuel level sensor and constant miss in one cylinder. Has had more non-maintenance repair issues than any vehicle owned since 1972.

Extremely comfortable and reliable

by from Redmond,Wa on November 29, 2009

This SUV rides better than the CTS we owned previously and is much more adaptable to everyday projects.

An SUV that packs value in one nice package!

by from Columbia, SC on February 25, 2008

If anyone had asked me 10 years earlier if I would buy a Hyundai- I would have given them a staunch No in response! Obviously, that has changed. After countless hours of research on other makes and models- Santa Fe was the only logical choice. The 2007 Santa Fe came with all the bells and whistles anyone could ever ask for. Sure the SUV doesn't have a fancy popup DVD Nav System...but who cares when you can save thousands of dollars by purchasing a more affordable aftermarket GPS. My particular Santa Fe is the Limited Edition. Although I opted for the base Limited Edition- I got everything I ever wanted. (Limited) Standard 3.3 V6 Engine, Electronic Stability Control, ABS, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Leather Seats, heated seats, dual-climate control, automatic temperature control, cabin pollution control, Homelink Sys., XM-radio, Shift-tronic, and distinct but elegant styling. This was my first purchase of a Hyundai vehicle and I must say that I couldn't be more satisfied. The 2007 Limited Santa Fe comes with other nice little additional features- but I'll leave that for pleasant discoveries! Personally, I spent a little more to get the Limited Edition- but I think the extra features are well worth the cost. I am still getting compliments and rave reviews from many people who have never been exposed to Hyundai. From top to bottom (performance-comfort) this SUV is excellent!

Awesome SUV

by from Tennessee on May 25, 2009

Don't listen to the negative reviews here. If you keep reading, the VAST majority of reviews agree that this is an awesome SUV! We purchased a used 2007 Santa Fe with the SE trim, and it is far and away the best vehicle we have ever owned. We purchased it at our local Hyundai dealership and they were nothing but friendly and helpful. They even certified it for us for free so we could take advantage of the remainder of the 100k mile warranty! As far as the vehicle itself is concerned, the SUV looks and runs great. The outside styling and trim are very contemporary, clean and smooth and the inside is even better. I've seen SUV's that are easily 2x the price we paid that weren't as nicely laid out inside as the Santa Fe. I could write much more here, but let me summarize by saying that the Santa Fe gets the little things right when it comes to features and interior styling. The seats, for the most part, are pretty comfortable, roomy and easy to adjust. Our Santa Fe has the 3rd row seat as well, which is a nice feature to have, but I have to agree with some other reviews here that it would be best used for children as there is not a lot of leg room back there. The 3.3L v6 engine is brisk and responsive. It won't blow your socks off, but I will say it will push you back in the seat a bit when you really need to get up and go. Despite the stout engine, the cabin is incredibly quiet with virtually no road noise. Safety and value is what sets this vehicle apart from the competition. You will be hard pressed to find a safer SUV at this price point with the amount of features that come standard. Highly recommended.

our 07' Limited Santa Fe

by from Louisburg, N.C. on February 25, 2011

By far the nicest car/SUV i've ever owned. Trouble free and a very high quality vehicle. We sold it at 75k miles and the original brakes were still at 50%

Grill paint peel off

by from Lansing, Michigan on May 14, 2009

My 2007 Santa Fe"s grill paint is peeling off in large areas without evidence of any rock damage. Apparently is considered normal wear and tear per customer service. Be aware.

15,000 miles...no repair issues

by from Columbia, MO on July 12, 2008

This is my first Hyundai and I'm pleasantly surprised. Very quiet; great a/c, no squeaks. Only wish is that the City MPG was better... now about 16/17. Highway MPG is good at 24 MPG though.

Very Impressed

by from Arkansas on January 6, 2009

Purchased a 2007 Santa Fe GLS in August 2007. Now after 22,000 miles I still remain impressed by this SUV. I never thought I would enjoy driving a Hyundai but I am! Haven't had a lick of trouble from it and get compliments on its looks all the time; passengers are always amazed at the blue interior lighting. The base 2.7 liter V6 engine has gotten quicker and smoother than when it was new which is very impressive. Even though the headlights aren't automatic, you can leave the switch on and they turn themselves off once the key is removed (a feature I like). My only complaint is the tires that come on the vehicle, they are quite noisy and plan to put quieter ones on when the time comes. Overall very pleased!