2007 Santa Fe

4.7 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.6 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

A lot of car for the money

by Northeast Hyundai Owner from Scranton, PA on December 22, 2007

I have owned the 2007 Santa Fe limited FWD 5 passenger SUV for 6 months and I have driven just over 8000 miles without any problems. Previously, I put 120000 miles on my 2001 Elantra and it never let me down. I have driven the Santa Fe under nearly every condition. Even though it does not have AWD it handles well in the snow. Coming from my Elantra, which basically had a gas and brake pedal I could definitely see the benefit of the Traction Control and ESC along with the ABS. I have kept track of every fill up since I purchased my car and on average I get 16.5-18MPG in exclusive city driving, 22-25MPH exclusive highway driving (65-80MPH), and in mixed driving I get around 20-22MPG. The CD player does not have a stereo mini jack however that isn?t really a deal breaker. The stereo will play MP3 CDs so I can burn over 100 songs to a single disc using the MP3 format and have plenty of traveling music. Also, the Santa Fe?s stock radio will display all of the MP3 track data including song title and artist all the while allowing me to control my music from the steering wheel controls. I appreciate the extra recessed storage compartment in the floor of the cargo area. It is spacious and can be subdivided. The front cup holders are lighted which is a very practical touch. The washer fluid reservoir will hold over a gallon so it lasts a long time between fills. The engine and transmission are smooth and acceleration is perfectly adequate. The engine produces 242 hp but it isn?t a light vehicle so they balance out. I never have any trouble getting up to speed or passing, but it is no rocket. I would have purchased the 7-passenger version but the 3rd row seats really aren?t for adults. My biggest complaint is in the front row headroom. I am 6?1? and if I put my seat in the most comfortable position, which for me is more upright, my hair, which is not long, touches the ceiling. I do have a moon roof so I lose a few inches there but in an SUV headroom should not be an issue and it is. Also, when I adjust the steering wheel to a comfortable position it completely obscures my high beam indicator light. It is very easy to forget your high beams are on when you can not see the indicator. Neither of these things are deal breakers, but something to consider if you are taking a test drive.

safest car I ever owned

by pleasedowner from west point, ms on July 30, 2010

I totaled one just like it a month a go, walked away without a scratch. I have the santafe limied, I am very pleased with this vehicled

A few issues

by A first time Hyundai owner from St. Louis, MO on September 10, 2014

I have had my santa fe since 2008. In 2010, the throttle position sensor went out. The suv would not go over 10mpg even with the gas pedal to the floor. That was $800. The hinges that hold the sun visors keep breaking causing the visor to swing freely and not stay up at night. The passenger side broke first and I've never had anyone in my vehicle to use it, ever. The mechanic fixed it for free with simply a screwdriver. Now, the driver side is broken and swinging freely and now, they tell me that they have to order a new visor! Naturally, it was out of warranty by a month so both issues cost me some major money! They did pay for a rental for me, so that helped during the week they had it BUT it took a BIG bite out of my checking account. When I first start it and put it in drive, the entire frontend shimmies a bit but they say they cant fix it till it goes out completely, whatever 'it' is. These are all issues I've had with no other cars I've ever owned!!!!! It holds alot in the cargo area but the gas mileage could be much better, like what they said it should bel Still, I would consider buying another one when that time comes unless I can find a great deal on another make of SUV.

Extremely comfortable and reliable

by General Driver from Redmond,Wa on November 29, 2009

This SUV rides better than the CTS we owned previously and is much more adaptable to everyday projects.

This car will stay in the family!

by RIfam from North Kingstown, Ri on June 22, 2017

I love this car! Being mostly used now by my 6 ft. teenager because it has such great leg room. I miss driving this because its so comfortable and the interior is pretty quiet.

our 07' Limited Santa Fe

by The Santa Fe from Louisburg, N.C. on February 25, 2011

By far the nicest car/SUV i've ever owned. Trouble free and a very high quality vehicle. We sold it at 75k miles and the original brakes were still at 50%

Very Impressed

by Very Pleased from Arkansas on January 6, 2009

Purchased a 2007 Santa Fe GLS in August 2007. Now after 22,000 miles I still remain impressed by this SUV. I never thought I would enjoy driving a Hyundai but I am! Haven't had a lick of trouble from it and get compliments on its looks all the time; passengers are always amazed at the blue interior lighting. The base 2.7 liter V6 engine has gotten quicker and smoother than when it was new which is very impressive. Even though the headlights aren't automatic, you can leave the switch on and they turn themselves off once the key is removed (a feature I like). My only complaint is the tires that come on the vehicle, they are quite noisy and plan to put quieter ones on when the time comes. Overall very pleased!

Excellent Adventure outing and grocery getter

by kayaker from Elk Grove , California on October 29, 2014

I bought my 2007 Santa Fe in October of last year so I've had it for about a year now and I have enjoyed every trip in it so far. It is a great family hauler, grocery getter, and field trip transporter, and soon to be kayak hauler/ mountain bike carrier. Only one problem with fuel level sensor which I see is a common problem with this model but it has not changed my opinion of this vehicle. It has been a blessing. I added a hitch and some dress up items and it looks sporty and drives like a charm. Absolutely love it. Will keep it till it or I no longer moves.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best little SUV

by Toni from Leesburg ga on April 24, 2017

Love this vehicle! Super comfortable- reliable!! Comfortable ride- great for long distance or short trips around town.

I love Hyundai's!

by Micki from Sioux Falls, SD on September 29, 2017

I owned a Hyundai Sonata for many years, and am happy to be back in a Hyundai. I am pleased with how much space the 2007 Santa Fe has, despite being a smaller SUV. I love having a tight turning radius again. I have only had the Santa Fe for a month, but if my Sonata was any indication, this Santa Fe will last for a long time to come. (I bought it with 87,000 miles on it, and my mechanic says it is in awesome shape!) I did get the base trim, and probably all my dislikes about the vehicle are due to that. There just aren't as many comfort features as I was used to with my previous Buick LaCrosse, but that was a CXL, so it wouldn't be comparing the same trim levels. I would highly recommend a Hyundai to anyone! Great vehicles, easy to maintain, cheap to fix when needed, and they last forever!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8